Bounties and their healing

Ayrilana.1396

Can the healing that a lot of bounties be looked at? Some of them are pretty much impossible to beat with a group of seven players because it just goes back to 100%. Breaking the bar has zero impact as it still heals. Dhael Skyspeaker on the Desert Highlands map is an example. Requiring a zerg to beat it, is going to make these much more difficult to beat later down when people leave the maps. I can understand a legendary being difficult but a champ?

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Ojimaru.8970 said:Are you killing the Healing Coalescences that it spawns?

It doesn't spawn any from what I saw

If the bounty spawns with the healing coalescence trait, you'll need to kill them, Elite or not. Knockbacks, stuns, wards, what-have-yous. Just like the Coalescences with the Anomaly fight, people need to be proactive with clearing them.

@Ojimaru.8970 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Ojimaru.8970 said:Are you killing the Healing Coalescences that it spawns?

It doesn't spawn any from what I saw

If the bounty spawns with the healing coalescence trait, you'll need to kill them, Elite or not. Knockbacks, stuns, wards, what-have-yous. Just like the Coalescences with the Anomaly fight, people need to be proactive with clearing them.

It had the leyline one where you needed to go to the orbs to remove and the one you needed to melee to get the buff to see it's weakness. That's all. The tooltip under its name gave no indication of any healing abilities either. Go fight it and see.

Something definitely going on with this boss.

I fought it two times earlier today. The first time it had the elite healing essences, and so I thought 'well, I think the buffs the bosses get are random, and so I'll try it again to see if I get a more forgiving buff.'

So the 2nd time, it indeed had a different buff, but it still was healing like crazy (cc's seemingly useless, unless we're missing an obvious fight mechanic?)

I did notice during both fights that the boss raises up and envelopes itself in a type of lime-green aura, and that's when it heals itself (regardless of whether or not the elite essences spawn).

So yes, would be nice to either have this tuned down or explained how to beat it (as it seems just a bit much for an open-world champ).

Yeah, I was paying more attention to the enemy itself and noticed that green aura before it heals. It seems like it heals for about 20% regardless as to the number of players that you have and it does it fairly frequently (like every 30 sec?). So if you don't have enough DPS then you won't beat it. I fortunately managed to get it with a zerg.

I have two more bounties left until I'm done with all and I must say that this is my least favorite by far. The one in northern Desolation had a healing mechanic but at least you could stop it by breaking its bar.

Dunno, I did every bounty with a party of 5 and most were killed under one minute, some I don't even know what mechanics they had when killed since they died too fast. I don't really remember the one you're talking about so probably there is no need for a zerg with enough dps and sustain. The hardest ones are the bunny in Highlands which is pretty much impossible to complete if he gets the healing by design (we found out those heal him from a huge range even if it runs away, and the cc bar stays unbreakable for too long) and the skritt in the riverlands as I remember it being a monstrous cc machine.

in guild wars never had a problem with this stuff that is being claimed here. it was very easy for one person with their hero's to bring down a bounties boss all by yourself . and never need no one to help you at all with them . and I seen many new videos of people doing the bounties by them selfs and getting it . maybe too many people think they need to group up for some reason to beat these bounties when in fact their are people with videos beating these bounties by them selfs maybe that is the why people can not beat these bounties in a group maybe if they was not in a group they have more better luck at beating these bounties

@WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:maybe if they was not in a group they have more better luck at beating these bounties

Because of the time limit I highly doubt this. Some of them have a pretty huge amount of hp, others less; some of them have a strong self healing ability, others not. On Youtube I found exactly 1 video from pof beta(!) showing a Mesmer soloing one bounty mob. 1 out of xx. My conclusion is that they vary a lot regarding both their abilities and how many players are required to kill them within the time limit.

It's not the coalescences. Ever fought a jacaranda? They just heal, and a normal mob's heal can be interrupted with CC. This guy, however, is untouchable.How do you kill him? Please do tell. A bounty train tried twice and failed. Yes, the commander was informing everyone of the tactics. This is gonna give me even more headache than Muckstalker, isn't it...

Does the green healing aura it casts stay in the same spot, or move with the boss? It can still be pushed around with skills (regardless of breakbar), so perhaps it's possible to move it out of the healing area. The only few times I've seen an attempt at this boss, the group pinned it against a wall making it impossible to tell if this is a viable tactic.

I do know that trying to rely on only the breakbar stun is pretty much useless, as it will just cast the heal again during the bar's reset/regen period. If it can't be moved out of its healing aura, then this boss is just a garbage DPS race that requires a full zerg.

After a little testing with Skyspeaker, I don't think it even requires knockback or any CC skills to move it around. It was occasionally being knocked around by my engi's grenades. I have no idea if it's based on an internal cooldown, every so many attacks (assume scaling for player numbers, if so), or randomized. If it's on a cooldown, it's too long to be of any use and the knockback will just be wasted most of the time.

Archived