Gossamer Prices

I don't think those particular boxes will be back as each used to drop 3-8 Quartz Crystals, which would pretty much destroy that market. However crazier things have happened.

It is funny to see that in 2014 those boxes used to cost 3 Gossamer Scraps or 43 Hardened Leather Sections each, how times change. :)

Technically, the price went up because someone bought 700 000 scrap. Supply was just over 9 million on the 16th; it's 8.3 million now. Major changes like that convince lots of people to change what they are willing to pay to acquire, or what they are willing to accept to part with the commodity.

I'm sure that the announcement of the festival was influential and it seems very likely that it was the reason that someone (or someones) bought so much gossamer. But it's really speculative, especially since ANet is likely to change the costs of these juicy rewards (and the rewards themselves). (If they aren't, then I think it's time they hired a new economist.)

I wouldn't be quick to assume that this is going to have a big impact on the economy. While the first festival did, things have changed a lot since. Plus, a lot of people thought it was a heavy handed tool for disrupting oversupply, especially because the formulas didn't adapt to changing conditions.

If it's done well, it will destroy some overstocks, but even at best, it's hardly likely to affect the long term futures. For example, the game is still going to lack long-term sinks for most of these items.

Of course, for the present, it's already starting to affect prices, create markets for speculators, and generally mix things up a bit. That's almost certainly a good thing. For now.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:I wouldn't be quick to assume that this is going to have a big impact on the economy. While the first festival did, things have changed a lot since. Plus, a lot of people thought it was a heavy handed tool for disrupting oversupply, especially because the formulas didn't adapt to changing conditions.

If it's done well, it will destroy some overstocks, but even at best, it's hardly likely to affect the long term futures. For example, the game is still going to lack long-term sinks for most of these items.

Of course, for the present, it's already starting to affect prices, create markets for speculators, and generally mix things up a bit. That's almost certainly a good thing. For now.

I agree, unless partners have access to festivals already and taking advantage of it; we all knew how that went, partners inflated the market and lost their access, anet had to make last minute receipt changes.

so at the moment, we can only assume the increases are speculative

back of the topic... now I think about it, festivals are probably the best opportunities for anet to make tweaks to the economyand not only limited to trade in crafting material, but expand the pool to things like junk runes, expansion non-sellable crafting materials, dyes, food, etc, basically anything that's cloging up TP on the minimum sale pricesduring every festival, the trading in items are adjusted

@crepuscular.9047 said:back of the topic... now I think about it, festivals are probably the best opportunities for anet to make tweaks to the economyand not only limited to trade in crafting material, but expand the pool to things like junk runes, expansion non-sellable crafting materials, dyes, food, etc, basically anything that's cloging up TP on the minimum sale pricesduring every festival, the trading in items are adjusted

Food could do with a few sinks as well. There's dozens of foodstuff going for practically nothing. And it would fit thematically as the Zephyrites don't seem to have much farmland.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:I wouldn't be quick to assume that this is going to have a big impact on the economy. While the first festival did, things have changed a lot since. Plus, a lot of people thought it was a heavy handed tool for disrupting oversupply, especially because the formulas didn't adapt to changing conditions.

Well then they should make it as intended. A yearly event .

@Magnus Godrik.5841 said:

Well then they should make it as intended. A yearly event .

It is now a annual festival.

Archived