Sigil effects - do they stack?

Biff.5312

Yes. Any Sigil can stack with any other sigil, in your case, Malice with Venom. The only rule is you cannot have the same named sigil on both of your active Sigil slots, EG, Malice/Malice is a no-go, as would Venom/Venom, etc. And as Khisanth has stated, be careful about the max condi duration cap of 100% for each condition.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Biff.5312 said:Thanks - yes I'd assumed you can't double-up on any particular one.

That is a bit iffy. Officially you cannot but there seems to be some bugs where the major and superior can stack. Maybe the minor too but no point in stacking minor if major and superior work.

I wouldn't exactly call that a bug, as Major Sigil of Venom and Superior Sigil of Venom technically are different names. In truth, I automatically filter out Minor/Major sigils as even existing when answering questions like this, as late game, Superior is the best tier to use and what everyone expects. I don't know of a single build where you stack a Superior and Major sigil of the same name.

Sorry if I did cause some confusion.

@TarkaTarquol.4856 said:

@Biff.5312 said:Thanks - yes I'd assumed you can't double-up on any particular one.

That is a bit iffy. Officially you cannot but there seems to be some bugs where the major and superior can stack. Maybe the minor too but no point in stacking minor if major and superior work.

I wouldn't exactly call that a bug, as Major Sigil of Venom and Superior Sigil of Venom technically are different names. In truth, I automatically filter out Minor/Major sigils as even existing when answering questions like this, as late game, Superior is the best tier to use and what everyone expects. I don't know of a single build where you stack a Superior and Major sigil of the same name.

Sorry if I did cause some confusion.

Except there were patch notes which explicitly stated that different tiers of the same sigil would not stack. That was either during the patch where they made it so sigils no longer shared cooldowns or sometime later.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

Except there were patch notes which explicitly stated that different tiers of the same sigil would not stack. That was either during the patch where they made it so sigils no longer shared cooldowns or sometime later.

Hmm, you are correct. My apologies again. It seems I'm just being a bit daft at the moment, because I actually cannot find any information that stated Sigils could stack as I thought they did. They've always only used the higher tiered Sigil's stats, going so far back as 2014 as I can tell. I'm not sure what I was thinking, but thank you for being there to correct me. ^_^

Good to note that "On Kill" Sigils such as Bloodlust, Perception, Corruption ect. cannot be "stacked" either.You can use either Bloodlust to get the on-kill Power bonus, or Perception for the on-kill Precision bonus. Having both on a weapon (or on your weapon swap) won't work to gain both a Power and Precision bonus.Check out the Wiki Article on Stacking Bonuses. In fact, the entire article is a good read.

Archived