Elixir X

mov.1246

Hi,

So after removing the removing the random effects of elixir U and elixir H, which is a great step IMO, could we also remove the random effect of elixir X?A random effect on a elite skill feels bad, when I need the tornado I become the juggernaut. When I need the juggernaut I become the tornado. The Random effect bothers me, especially because it is an elite skill.Could anet pls delete this copy+paste elite from other classes and give elixir X a unique transform which isnt random?

A suggestion could be: transform you into a chemical monster for 15 sec. pulses every 3 sec 1 stack stability which last 3 sec.Skill 1: Toxic Spray: deals moderate power damage in a cone pattern in front of you, 300 range, 60° angle.Skill 2: Elixir P: smash an elixir P on the ground and deals high power damage on 240 radius., 6 sec CD, blast finisher.Skill 3: Chemical Vent: create a poison field around you, pulsing poison and blind every secound, lasts 3 sec. 240 Radius, 10 sec CD.Skill 4: Under Pressure Valve: Pull up to 5 targets to you and deals moderate damage. 300 Radius, 10 sec CD.Skill 5: Jetpack: Jump to an selectable area and deals high power damage, inflict 10 stacks of vuln. 12 sec CD.

A possbile rotation in pvp/wvw could be:use #5 to jump to the enemies to deal damage and inflict some vulnuse #4 to pull everybody running around or who try to run awayuse #3 to blind them and create a poison field to soft cc themuse #2 to blast the combo to cause weakness and deal damage

Elixir X is actually better than Juggernaut and Tornado elites. Has a shorter cool down which can be reduced with HGH while keeping the same 15 second duration. Plus has AoE Moa on top of that. The only drawback is the RNG. I am all for a new elite, I am not sure I want another transformation though. It plays like a kit, which we have in the form of elite mortar kit. Elixirs tend to involve boons, this seems like a souped up version of elixir gun. I think my dream elite would be an elixir that gives us access to boons we don't normally have. Alacrity, resistance and aegis possibly or cure all conditions gain all boons. We also do not have a gadget elite, a personal teleporter would be awesome.

@Tehologist.5841 said:Elixir X is actually better than Juggernaut and Tornado elites. Has a shorter cool down which can be reduced with HGH while keeping the same 15 second duration. Plus has AoE Moa on top of that. The only drawback is the RNG. I am all for a new elite, I am not sure I want another transformation though. It plays like a kit, which we have in the form of elite mortar kit. Elixirs tend to involve boons, this seems like a souped up version of elixir gun. I think my dream elite would be an elixir that gives us access to boons we don't normally have. Alacrity, resistance and aegis possibly or cure all conditions gain all boons. We also do not have a gadget elite, a personal teleporter would be awesome.

I'd like to see elixir X function more like a unique buff that amplifies all of our stats by some percentage for a period of time and grants stability while active (visually transforming us into some frankenstein's monster too). This would make it feel elite, as it would be a unique class buff, and the percentage could easily be changed for balance purposes, while also fitting the theme of elixirs. The throw elixir would be the same as it is now, or even do a debuff of the same intensity on the enemy team.

Archived