Can the other races become mordrem/blighted?

Lina.1327

@"Randulf.7614" said:I thought rather than direct corruption, Mordremoth corruption "copied" the target. As we saw with Logan (human) and Zojja (asura).Just curious as to any other kind. For example, could Mordremoth kill the commander who is norn, then change them into a tree covered norn or something

@"Randulf.7614" said:I thought rather than direct corruption, Mordremoth corruption "copied" the target. As we saw with Logan (human) and Zojja (asura).

Typically yes but we also know that Mordremoth is capable of corrupting animals too, as we see this (and got dev confirmation of it) with Mordrem Wolves and Trolls. Scott compared it to a fungi invasive species that slowly consumes and copies the original like (iirc) Alan Moore's The Thing.

So to answer the OP's question: Yes Mordremoth can and has turned animals into mordrem directly, without copies being made. Similarly @Rognik.2579 Primordus can corrupt the living (we got dev confirmation and see the Inquest do this in CoE story with Primordus' corruptive energies amd the Volcanic Fractal's Imbued Shaman may be this), but chooses not to.

@"Randulf.7614" said:I thought rather than direct corruption, Mordremoth corruption "copied" the target. As we saw with Logan (human) and Zojja (asura).

I kinda thought the whole Mordrem concept was kinda riffing off Invasion of the Body Snatchers, though they never went as far as trying to pass the fakes off as the real thing, which would have been interesting.

@perilisk.1874 said:

I kinda thought the whole Mordrem concept was kinda riffing off Invasion of the Body Snatchers, though they never went as far as trying to pass the fakes off as the real thing, which would have been interesting.

i got the Impression that he would have done that after a while but we were to fast following the tracks and stopped him bevor this could happen. (kinda dissapointing in a way cuz it could have led to some interesting twists- on the other side maybe it would have paid of best in a movie this way)

@perilisk.1874 said:

Kind of hard to pass something made out of leaves, bark, and vines as a mammal with skin and hair.

I have a feeling that he could indeed just corrupt whatever living thing to create a Modrem if he wanted. The reason for the more complicated process seems, fittingly with his domain of the mind, could be to also absorb useful information of the subject and probably to create a “smarter” Modrem “clone”.

@Oglaf.1074 said:I have a feeling that he could indeed just corrupt whatever living thing to create a Modrem if he wanted. The reason for the more complicated process seems, fittingly with his domain of the mind, be to also absorb useful information of the subject and probably to create a “smarter” Modrem “clone”.

He can also build minions as well, however Mordrem from Blighting pods or Mordrem Pods from the Blighting trees, appear to create minions faster. The Mordrem Pods seem to be fast and create multiple mordrem in one sitting as seen by Logan and Zoija.

Archived