Will Chaos of Lyssa Recipe Return?

Buy offers are only 400 gold. :(I always wondered why it wasn't offered as a recipe from pact supply agents or via the memory boxes.

Still, there's little point in asking: they'll tell us what's available when the patch arrives,

ANet is never explicit about that unless they want to disrupt the economy deliberately in advance of a patch (as they did with the dye market before the Wardrobe was introduced).

@Slowpokeking.8720 said:

@"zealex.9410" said:The recipe will likely return. I hope the drop rate temains the same as back then tho.

is it high?

https://www.gw2tp.com/item/66165-recipe-chaos-of-lyssa?full=1At peak, the supply of the recipe on the TP was never more than 120. (Priced ~110-200 gold, back when gold was harder to come by.) Secondary peaks of 60-70 were seen twice (with prices 270-700g).Given how many participants there were for the first festivla (many people played back then (more than now) and that there were even fewer things to occupy our attention), that suggests that the drop rate was not quite as bad as precursors, but worse than special exotics.

For comparison, even after all this time, last week supply dropped to 10-11, and prices were 1200-2700g. So today's 400-1300g spread is, I'm sure, a result of panic selling by hoarders. (Supply is at 13.)

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"zealex.9410" said:The recipe will likely return. I hope the drop rate temains the same as back then tho.

is it high?

At peak, the supply of the recipe on the TP was never more than 120. (Priced ~110-200 gold, back when gold was harder to come by.) Secondary peaks of 60-70 were seen twice (with prices 270-700g).Given how many participants there were for the first festivla (many people played back then (more than now) and that there were even fewer things to occupy our attention), that suggests that the drop rate was not quite as bad as precursors, but worse than special exotics.

For comparison, even after all this time, last week supply dropped to 10-11, and prices were 1200-2700g. So today's 400-1300g spread is, I'm sure, a result of panic selling by hoarders. (Supply is at 13.)

Still too low, the price should be low.

@Slowpokeking.8720 said:Still too low, the price should be low.

Why? There's no particular reason the price needs to be low. It's an incredible skin, for a small number of people, and just another item for the rest (for whom there aren't nearly enough high-value, fun drops in the game).

I'm not saying the price needs to be high, just that it's equally valid.

PS I'm assuming you meant, Still too high, the price should be low, and responded accordingly.

is it high?

At peak, the supply of the recipe on the TP was never more than 120. (Priced ~110-200 gold, back when gold was harder to come by.) Secondary peaks of 60-70 were seen twice (with prices 270-700g).Given how many participants there were for the first festivla (many people played back then (more than now) and that there were even fewer things to occupy our attention), that suggests that the drop rate was not quite as bad as precursors, but worse than special exotics.Pretty much. And that was after they
buffed
the drop rates (original ones were likely
below
precursor level).

@Astralporing.1957 said:Pretty much. And that was after they buffed the drop rates (original ones were likely below precursor level).

Yes, the original drop rates were super low and they had to fix it. That caused the market to anchor the value super high and despite the new drop rate, the market never quite believed it.(And thanks for the reminder; I completely forgot to check out the change in supply after the new drop rate. While it doesn't affect the OP's question or the general market trend, it is an interesting look at how GW2 markets handle small perturbations, versus large ones.)

@Astralporing.1957 said:

is it high?

At peak, the supply of the recipe on the TP was never more than 120. (Priced ~110-200 gold, back when gold was harder to come by.) Secondary peaks of 60-70 were seen twice (with prices 270-700g).Given how many participants there were for the first festivla (many people played back then (more than now) and that there were even fewer things to occupy our attention), that suggests that the drop rate was not quite as bad as precursors, but worse than special exotics.Pretty much. And that was after they
buffed
the drop rates (original ones were likely
below
precursor level).

Which i think is gonna be fine considering the festival will return every year.

Why? There's no particular reason the price needs to be low. It's an incredible skin, for a small number of people, and just another item for the rest (for whom there aren't nearly enough high-value, fun drops in the game).

PS I'm assuming you meant,
Still too
high
, the price should be low
, and responded accordingly.

Because other gods' backpack recipe is cheap.

@Slowpokeking.8720 said:

Still too
high

And? I don't follow the logic. What's the reason that the prices have to be the same? Or if they do, why not decrease the availability of the other recipes so that they are equally rare?

Again, my point is that market values are somewhat arbitrary; there's no need to make the uniform only for the sake of uniformity. Having something easily-acquired and other not makes things more interesting. It gives people a chance to acquire some pieces and creates a collectors-market for others. I don't have a problem with prices being comparable; neither do I see the issue with them being different.

Still too
high

And? I don't follow the logic. What's the reason that the prices have to be the same? Or if they do, why not decrease the availability of the other recipes so that they are equally rare?

Again, my point is that market values are somewhat arbitrary; there's no need to make the uniform only for the sake of uniformity. Having something easily-acquired and other not makes things more interesting. It gives people a chance to acquire some pieces and creates a collectors-market for others. I don't have a problem with prices being comparable; neither do I see the issue with them being different.

Because they should be on the same level.

And they are recipes, I don't see any reason to make it rare at all.

Still too
high

An important aspect in discourse is being able to explain yourself. You're claiming that there's a factual reason why these items "should be on the same level", yet you're not explaining why. Is it simply that you don't like the high price or that you feel all backpacks related to the gods should be similarly priced? Because having an opinion is totally fine, but it shouldn't be misrepresented; that only leads to confusion as people wait for your reasoned argument.

A parallel situation would be if I were to state that all legendary items should be the same cost. There's no reason for this to be true, and if I were to present it as a fact, people would rightly ask me to back up my claim. If I were to state that I don't like the prices being so different, then that's just my opinion, and I'm allowed to hold it. I'm sure others would come along to discuss the topic, but they wouldn't be waiting for me to prove why the prices should be the same.

Still too
high

An important aspect in discourse is being able to explain yourself. You're claiming that there's a factual reason why these items "should be on the same level", yet you're not explaining why. Is it simply that you don't
the high price or that you
feel
all backpacks related to the gods should be similarly priced? Because having an opinion is totally fine, but it shouldn't be misrepresented; that only leads to confusion as people wait for your reasoned argument.

A parallel situation would be if I were to state that all legendary items should be the same cost. There's no reason for this to be true, and if I were to present it as a fact, people would rightly ask me to back up my claim. If I were to state that I
don't like
the prices being so different, then that's just my opinion, and I'm allowed to hold it. I'm sure others would come along to discuss the topic, but they wouldn't be waiting for me to prove why the prices should be the same.

Yes because they are on the same level, the price shouldn't cost too much, especially more expensive than the production cost. It benefit noone other than those who hold it for huge amount of money.

Archived