GW1 Cantha Cartographer

MODS PLEASE NOTE: I was specifically instructed to bring this to GW2 Forums by ANET Customer service. I can provide the relevant email.

ANET appears to have "fixed" the portal jump ( via SoA chain ) into Raisu Palace. The Cartographer title requires multiple "cheat" jumps,( These "cheats" are documented on the official wiki. ) It is possible I can complete the cartographer title by waiting for the dragon ball arena to open. I don't know.

Questions:Was the SoA chain portal jump fixed? If so it may make multiple titles unobtainable.Was the Raisu Palace portal "fixed?"Does the Dragon Ball arena contribute to Canthan cartography?

Why is the "leeway" on this title apparently so much less than what is listed on the wiki?

The Cartographer title has never needed portal jumping; it just makes the title easier. In fact, the wiki specifically says that the Cantha title has a 0.94% amount of wiggle room, without portal jumping.

A lot of portal jumps were fixed years ago. If you think they are no longer valid, then leave a note on the discussion page that they stopped working and someone will remove them from the relevant articles.

Further, the area made available by the Shing Jea Boardwalk can also be accessed during the tutorial.

ANET appears to have "fixed" the portal jump ( via SoA chain ) into Raisu Palace.A lot of portal jumps were disabled years ago; people are still earning Cartographer.

The Cartographer title requires multiple "cheat" jumps,No, it never has.

( These "cheats" are documented on the official wiki. )

It is possible I can complete the cartographer title by waiting for the dragon ball arena to open. I don't know.Certainly you can wait, or as noted above, do so during the tutorial. (Which would require starting a new toon.)

Questions:Was the SoA chain portal jump fixed?It's been a long-standing ANet policy to fix bugs. Portal jumping and other forms of "map breaking" are treated with very low priority. They generally attend to them when they have reason to touch the map code for other reasons (as they did when they were preparing GW1 maintenance to go on auto-pilot).

If so it may make multiple titles unobtainable.No, it's never been necessary to break out of maps to complete the titles; it just made them much, much easier.

Was the Raisu Palace portal "fixed?"I don't personally remember. It shouldn't be relevant.

Does the Dragon Ball arena contribute to Canthan cartography?Do you mean Roller Beetle Racing? If so, I don't think it does. It's not specifically listed in the article.

Why is the "leeway" on this title apparently so much less than what is listed on the wiki?How do you mean? How did you go about measuring the leeway to determine it's less than listed on the wiki? The method used by the wiki is well documented and avoided map breaking.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:The Cartographer title has never needed portal jumping; it just makes the title easier. In fact, the wiki specifically says that the Cantha title has a 0.94% amount of wiggle room, without portal jumping.

A lot of portal jumps were fixed years ago. If you think they are no longer valid, then leave a note on the discussion page that they stopped working and someone will remove them from the relevant articles.

Further, the area made available by the Shing Jea Boardwalk can also be accessed during the tutorial.

ANET appears to have "fixed" the portal jump ( via SoA chain ) into Raisu Palace.A lot of portal jumps were disabled
years
ago; people are still earning Cartographer.

It is possible I can complete the cartographer title by waiting for the dragon ball arena to open. I don't know.Certainly you can wait, or as noted above, do so during the tutorial. (Which would require starting a new toon.)

Questions:Was the SoA chain portal jump fixed?It's been a long-standing ANet policy to fix bugs. Portal jumping and other forms of "map breaking" are treated with very low priority. They generally attend to them when they have reason to touch the map code for other reasons (as they did when they were preparing GW1 maintenance to go on auto-pilot).

If so it may make multiple titles unobtainable.No, it's never been necessary to break out of maps to complete the titles; it just made them much, much easier.

Was the Raisu Palace portal "fixed?"I don't personally remember. It shouldn't be relevant.

Does the Dragon Ball arena contribute to Canthan cartography?Do you mean Roller Beetle Racing? If so, I don't think it does. It's

Why is the "leeway" on this title apparently so much less than what is listed on the wiki?How do you mean? How did you go about measuring the leeway to determine it's less than listed on the wiki? The method used by the wiki is well documented and avoided map breaking.

I don't agree. ( using TexMod ) the only significant area I have left is in the far Northeast Corner of the map. ( I've already gotten the extra area near Eredon Terrace. )

Assuming TexMod is accurate ( It , too, has been in use for years and is recommended on the wiki ) I should already have finished. Hence I believe the leeway is significantly less than is documented on the wiki.

Unless you know some means of getting to the garden area East of the Imperial Sanctum?

@Ithilwen.1529 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:The Cartographer title has never needed portal jumping; it just makes the title easier. In fact, the wiki specifically says that the Cantha title has a 0.94% amount of wiggle room,
without
portal jumping.

ANET appears to have "fixed" the portal jump ( via SoA chain ) into Raisu Palace.A lot of portal jumps were disabled
years
ago; people are still earning Cartographer.

Does the Dragon Ball arena contribute to Canthan cartography?Do you mean Roller Beetle Racing? If so, I don't think it does. It's

I don't agree. ( using TexMod ) the only significant area I have left is in the far Northeast Corner of the map. ( I've already gotten the extra area near Eredon Terrace. )

Assuming TexMod is accurate ( It , too, has been in use for years and is recommended on the wiki ) I should already have finished. Hence I believe the leeway is significantly less than is documented on the wiki.

Unless you know some means of getting to the garden area East of the Imperial Sanctum?

Many of us have gotten it without portal jumping.

I can confirm...portal jumping is not and to my knowledge ever has been required for canthan carto title. I have 3 characters (ele, nec, and rit) all with this title as part of their GWAMM titles. I knew about portal jumping but never tried it till after I had already had those titles. I did it by hard core edge scraping every map. Holding a 45 degree angle and running around the entire outskirts of a map (at times doing it the reverse direction too).

Archived