Special WvW instability week ideas?

Anchoku.8142

Post an idea for another WvW "instability."

Examples:

• No Cleave - all skills are reduced to single targets
  • No Heal - outgoing heals are disabled
  • Pseudo-legendary clutter - temporarily skin a legendary on anything of the same weapon type
  • Retro days - Elite specializations are disabled
  • Kodan Kombat - everyone is a Kodan
  • Unlimited supply - everyone carries infinite supply
  • Catapult me - catapults will toss Charr players to the target but not stones so Charr characters can be used for damage and catapults can be used for transportation if you are a Charr.
  • Immune and Unloved - all boons and conditions are disabled. Control effects still work.

While fun on paper, I would honestly prefer not having anything like this introduced to World vs. World. I personally weren't a fan of the no downed state week and it made me not even want to pop in on the game mode that I otherwise probably overall like the most in the game since 2012. Not because I were dying, but because I couldn't use enemy and ally downed state to my advantage when counter-bombing. It also heavily favored one-shot classes and builds, plus it rendered monetarily paid for stuff useless, like Finishers, as well as certain traits and skills unusable. Stuff like that can be dangerous, as it can push people away, they may start playing other games while waiting for the instability of the week to go away, lose interest in returning to GW2 since a week can be a long time in terms of keeping player retention, especially if this were to be a recurring theme where you'd hate multiple weeks instabilities, causing the game to bleed players. Players are money. You don't want your game to bleed money.

If you want some fun flavor, skinning certain things can be fine I guess. I see nothing too bad about an all Kodan week, though people may be upset over their fashion being hidden. It is Fashion Wars 2 after all. A lot of WvW players weren't too happy about the airplane April's Fool being active in World vs. World years ago either. It messed with how you would read combat, just like being forced into a Kodan appearance might as well. Maybe stick more to changing the projectile models of trebuchets into Asuras and other races. Have cannons firing animation and sounds changed to something akin to Quip. Silly stuff like that which overall doesn't affect the players and how they battle other players. That seems safer at least. Oh, and not every week, that'd get tiresome quick.

@Absconditus.6804 said:If you want some fun flavor, skinning certain things can be fine I guess. I see nothing too bad about an all Kodan week, though people may be upset over their fashion being hidden. It is Fashion Wars 2 after allA lot of WvW players weren't too happy about the airplane April's Fools being active in World vs. World years ago either.

Pretty sure people were upset about that for a different reason not involving fashion.

Catapult players would be pretty hilarious. For some semblance of balance, I'd say you would want to have a .. I don't know.. 5 minute cooldown on it. It'd be fun to be able to (at a cost of a lot of supply), launch one player behind enemy lines to go break siege and harass defenders from the inside.

@coro.3176 said:Catapult players would be pretty hilarious. For some semblance of balance, I'd say you would want to have a .. I don't know.. 5 minute cooldown on it. It'd be fun to be able to (at a cost of a lot of supply), launch one player behind enemy lines to go break siege and harass defenders from the inside.

non Mesmer players lol

Make it a different cata paint so people would know it was coming.

Ballistas could be like shooting skeet!

PULL

Archived