Upcoming Renegade rework?

vyncius.6105

In the last balance patch we didn't get any Renegade buffs/changes (just some Mallyx changes). Do you think Anet is going to rework or do some really big changes to Renegade in next Balance patch? Because atleast for me, it looks like it.Personally i would love to see Shortbow to get reworked, some utility's to get buffed so i it could be viable in SPVP and WvW/

@vyncius.6105 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:Power revs needs love before Renegades. We didnt get much in last patch and you Renegades are still pulling ahead.

Well, yeah, Renegade is meta in PVE, but i am talking about Spvp and WvW, renegade doesn't exist here

Not every class is meant to be PvP focused. Renegade is great in every aspect of PvE and Herald see many in our weekly raid clears.

To be honest im kinda getting frustrated that all u can run in pvp is power shiro. Its an absolute joke. Everytime build diversity for rev expanded it got killed on a almost instant basis. Condi mallyx appeared everytime an then got gutted back and forth. Then ventari rev came lived for a a while and became useless by pof times. I get that ventari was annoying and the torment on malyx was absurs but they got deleted everytime. I mean how long has renegade been out?

I mean and it was not for a lack of trying. Like fuck. I get it that people accuse a net of hating revs cause any bug that is positive gets fixes insta. The rest takes a long ass time.

@vyncius.6105 said:In the last balance patch we didn't get any Renegade buffs/changes (just some Mallyx changes). Do you think Anet is going to rework or do some really big changes to Renegade in next Balance patch? Because atleast for me, it looks like it.Personally i would love to see Shortbow to get reworked, some utility's to get buffed so i it could be viable in SPVP and WvW/

Giving short bows blocks and/or i-frames would not help... Here's a fun experiment, equip your staff on your Renegade (which has blocks and iframes), go into a custom arena, and have a friend who mains thief/mirage/holo/power herald/even breaker go in and try to kill you. You'll probably notice that they easily do so within seconds. This will be your life as a short bow Renegade in every single game you play above bronze because the most important thing classes like this do (aside from decapping and ganking) is deleting ranged dps glass cannons from team fights. The only ranged assassins that really stand a chance against competent players do so by relying on a kit with a lot of broken things like multiple teleports and/or lots of stealth spam--and even at their best, they're not really seen as top tier competitive anyways.

Let's not destroy short bow, which is helping Renegades actually have a top dps spot again in PvE, in a failed effort to try and make it viable in PvP--when it would not even be close to enough to make that happen.

@LucianDK.8615 said:Power revs needs love before Renegades. We didnt get much in last patch and you Renegades are still pulling ahead.

Well Power herald is totally fine now as it is ... i'm even scared they 'll nerf it next patch tho. The burst is insane but still relies on teammates to do good in the game. My thoughts ... not the only truth

@"Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318" said:To be honest im kinda getting frustrated that all u can run in pvp is power shiro. Its an absolute joke. Everytime build diversity for rev expanded it got killed on a almost instant basis. Condi mallyx appeared everytime an then got gutted back and forth. Then ventari rev came lived for a a while and became useless by pof times. I get that ventari was annoying and the torment on malyx was absurs but they got deleted everytime. I mean how long has renegade been out?

I don't really understand your frustration, with the exception of Guardian (which has two), every class in the game only has one meta build for sPvP... And for WvW, renegade's actually fine'ish for team fights and zergs (less so since the epidemic nerf tho.)

Your real complaint should be with the fact that condi dps is basically useless for Team Fighting builds due to how strong the aoe cleansing power of a Scourge and FB Support duo is. That's the biggest thing holding Mallyx back, and no amount of buffing done to Mallyx would change the fact that it's so easy to negate condi damage outside of cherrypicked 1v1 scenarios.

I actually honestly believe they are setting up power rev like they did with Condi. Remember pre pof we got up to (i think) 30k golem dps, then the expansion hit and now we're one of the top dps classes.

I think the same thing is going to happen whenever the next expansion comes.

Mind, its a tad early i realize but nevertheless...

@"Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318" said:To be honest im kinda getting frustrated that all u can run in pvp is power shiro. Its an absolute joke. Everytime build diversity for rev expanded it got killed on a almost instant basis. THIS i believe should be the ultimate goal of revenant. as it stands, part of the rev players are saying "Power revenant is in a good spot in pvp" and "Condi support renegade is desired in raids". This is true but any pvp is Shiro/Glint ONLY. Raid revenant: support ventari kalla ONLY. When ALL legends have their place and are usable AND welcome in the role and/or gamemode, whether it be herald raid support, renegade condi dps, shiro sw/sw assassin, jalis/glint bunker, mallyx/ventari point pressure, etc, THEN revenant will finally be whole.

We are channeling LEGENDS. dont make us feel bad picking one over the other because they play terrible!!

@narcx.3570 said:

@"Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318" said:To be honest im kinda getting frustrated that all u can run in pvp is power shiro. Its an absolute joke. Everytime build diversity for rev expanded it got killed on a almost instant basis. Condi mallyx appeared everytime an then got gutted back and forth. Then ventari rev came lived for a a while and became useless by pof times. I get that ventari was annoying and the torment on malyx was absurs but they got deleted everytime. I mean how long has renegade been out?

I don't really understand your frustration, with the exception of Guardian (which has two), every class in the game only has one meta build for sPvP... And for WvW, renegade's actually fine'ish for team fights and zergs (less so since the epidemic nerf tho.)

Your real complaint should be with the fact that condi dps is basically useless for Team Fighting builds due to how strong the aoe cleansing power of a Scourge and FB Support duo is. That's the biggest thing holding Mallyx back, and no amount of buffing done to Mallyx would change the fact that it's so easy to negate condi damage outside of cherrypicked 1v1 scenarios.

you mean Anet should only keep 1 viable spec per class for pvp and pve????the point is to balance classes as much as possible, so every spec and class could be viable and competetive in pve and pvp

@narcx.3570 said:

@vyncius.6105 said:In the last balance patch we didn't get any Renegade buffs/changes (just some Mallyx changes). Do you think Anet is going to rework or do some really big changes to Renegade in next Balance patch? Because atleast for me, it looks like it.Personally i would love to see Shortbow to get reworked, some utility's to get buffed so i it could be viable in SPVP and WvW/

Giving short bows blocks and/or i-frames would not help... Here's a fun experiment, equip your staff on your Renegade (which has blocks and iframes), go into a custom arena, and have a friend who mains thief/mirage/holo/power herald/even breaker go in and try to kill you. You'll probably notice that they easily do so within seconds. This will be your life as a short bow Renegade in every single game you play above bronze because the most important thing classes like this do (aside from decapping and ganking) is deleting ranged dps glass cannons from team fights. The only ranged assassins that really stand a chance against competent players do so by relying on a kit with a lot of broken things like multiple teleports and/or lots of stealth spam--and even at their best, they're not really seen as top tier competitive anyways.

Let's not destroy short bow, which is helping Renegades actually have a top dps spot again in PvE, in a failed effort to try and make it viable in PvP--when it would not even be close to enough to make that happen.

I dont want the class to be destroyed at all, i just want more viability across the ingame content (pvp, pve). Buffing utility's would be nice, reworking (not destroying) shortbow would also be nice, not especially giving a block or anything, but some kind of mobility or something like this.

@Dragoth.7153 said:

Well, yeah, Renegade is meta in PVE, but i am talking about Spvp and WvW, renegade doesn't exist here

Not every class is meant to be PvP focused. Renegade is great in every aspect of PvE and Herald see many in our weekly raid clears.

I'm upset that glint/shiro is the only option in pvp. All the other legends and even their traits lines never get used.

What makes you think the next patch will rework Renegade?

@Dace.8173 said:

elitists are talkin about, no buffs/changes this patch to renegade.

@vyncius.6105 said:

Ok, but what about that indicates that the next patch we will see a rework? A lack of buffs or changes could mean they don't see anything as being wrong. There is plenty that isn't changed or addressed in any given patch that don't get fixed the next patch. So what exactly indicates that the next patch is going to be a rework?

@Dace.8173 said:

Ok, but what about that indicates that the next patch we will see a rework? A lack of buffs or changes could mean they don't see anything as being wrong. There is plenty that isn't changed or addressed in any given patch that don't get fixed the next patch. So what exactly indicates that the next patch is going to be a rework?

everything is wrong with Renegade PVP

@vyncius.6105 said:

everything is wrong with Renegade PVP

That doesn't answer the question I asked. I asked what indicates to you that there is a rework in the works. Something being wrong with Renegade in PvP is not an indication that it will get fixed. There are other professions and elites that have something wrong that doesn't get addressed. So what made you think that this would actually be addressed?

Why not make the charr spirits minions who follow the revenant around, applying their buffs as they fight beside their summoner? Then turn around and give the revenant ways of focusing their "Team" to attack a specific target. Could change one of the F1 -3 skills into "Focused assault" Which forces all the summons to teleport forward and blitz the enemy of choice, granting hard cc and burst cleave.

the spirits could offer increased protection for the revenant and activating their summon utility again could grant more effects (Perhaps even the ones they already use, but with a higher effect? Hell make it a channeled ability that lasts as long as the revenant desires granting up-keep skills which makes it synergize well with invocation. ) The only one I think should stay the same is the elite as I don't see much wrong with it as is, though I don't use it very often if at all. (Maybe give it more power? Or other effects ontop of what it already has?)

All and All I feel like Offering summon-able companions that follow you about as long as you have kalla on your stances, that effect whatever legend you use beside her would be great. Maybe make them function like the trident and when you swap stances they change to match that stance (Shiro they become shiro-kin, Mallyx they become demons. Ventari they become Centaurs? Jalis they become dwarves and their effects will change to best work with the legend; Maybe they could even make them appear as long as you are specked as a renegade?) This could offer Renegades as a whole ALOT more options which would in turn help them not only feel strong, but unique as each renegade will get their own followers based on their legends. Imagine your a healing ventari rev, with kalla support your spirits would heal alongside you as ventari and then change to do damage with kalla and offer team buffs alongside the healing.

Could also mean we might end up seeing power Renegades make a actual appearance in game and be more prevalent and even desired; This might be the best way to go to make this spec stand out more. Like they said it was the "Ritualist" inspired Revenant, well make it more like that than what we have now and give us a spec that has some wonky but really thematic and cool interactions with the entire class not just with the one stance that actually works with its trait line.

But then if they do this... glint might need an upgrade to fit in more with the modern Spec's so that it is not just boon-spam, maybe becoming more of a "You become the dragon" kind of theme. Who knows...

@narcx.3570 said:

I am not talking about meta builds.

There is more then just meta.

I an talking about viable builds u can take into ranked above yolo bronze silver tier.

And as it looks guardian has core guard both hammer and gs variants bieng viable. Dh firebrand. That is atleast 3 builds.

War has core, gs hammer spellbreaker, meta spellbreaker and the niche tramadex build that uses sword and strength traitline.

Heck even reaper can be used.

Theyre like several ranger builds.

So i can go on and on. Btw condi malyx was just an example of anet balancing just like ventari rev was. Point is that bieng contend with litterallu a single build bieng viable in pvp is absurd in a game with 2 expansions.

I mean its clear u can have build diversity i have no idea why litterally 1 build is all rev deserves.

@Dragoth.7153 said:

Can you let us know what is your source that elite lines have accessibility to one game mode? Anet never said or even hinted to that. And that would be a major flaw in game design.

@narcx.3570 said:

If we expand our view a little bit beyond top tier sPvP builds to include viable builds (which can at a minimum get you to platinum, if you know what you are doing):

Guardian:Core, viable. Mix and match weapons between GS, Hammer, sword, scepter, shield and focus.DH. Not great, but decent if you know what you are doing.FB. Dps builds are okayish. Support is meta.

Warrior:SB, meta.Core warrior is viable.

Ranger:BM, meta.Druid, viable.Also, I see a mix of using sword or GS, together with LB or staff for druid.I would argue that core ranger is viable. Not so much, but can hold-up.

Engi:Holo, meta. It also has weapons flexibility.Scrapper, viable.

Thief:DE, meta.S/D core, viable.Condi DD, viable.S/P DD, viable.

Mesmer:Mirage condi, meta. Also, mix and match between sword, axe, pistol, torch and staff.Power shatter mirage, viable.Chrono, power and condi, viable.

Necro:Scourge, meta.Reaper, meta.

Ele:lol. Okay sword weaver is a pain in the butt, due to million evades, but it does no damage.

Rev:S/S power herald, meta.Do not even attempt anything else. I play condi herald in sPvP and it is not even viable. Core condi guardian and condi ranger work better and I did not even list them as viable builds. And renegade is a straight down grade over herald.

Honorable mention in PvE, renegade sucks. Ya it can put the numbers in a raid, but it is severely geared towards large boxes. The ramp-up is so long. SB does not work well against anything that is not large box. This is why it is not ideal for fractals. Condi herald is even better for open world PvE (better sustain, less ramp-up and better energy management and boon stacking).

There is no elite and weapon in the game that require rework more than renegade. It is hands down the worst elite in the game.

@otto.5684 said:

Do not even attempt anything else. I play condi herald in sPvP and it is not even viable. Core condi guardian and condi ranger work better and I did not even list them as viable builds. And renegade is a straight down grade over herald.

Condi Herald is just as viable as a lot of those classes that you listed, DH/Scrapper/Reaper/Condi Ranger.

It's probably most similar to DH tho, both are team fighters that have strong point control and are both completely shut down by Scourge/Supp FB. I would argue CondiHerald's actually prolly better than DH at this point tho since you can at least Boonstrip bomb kill targets and have more healing potential when focused.

@narcx.3570 said:

Do not even attempt anything else. I play condi herald in sPvP and it is not even viable. Core condi guardian and condi ranger work better and I did not even list them as viable builds. And renegade is a straight down grade over herald.

Condi Herald is just as viable as a lot of those classes that you listed, DH/Scrapper/Reaper/Condi Ranger.The last time I saw a viable condi herald build for pvp was when this class was in beta.

Archived