"Guard!"(Soulbeast); 5 man damage reduction

The V.8759

Order your pet to guard nearby allies. Your pet takes damage on behalf of those allies; gain might when your pet receives damage.

Damage Reduced: 33%Might (5s): 30 Power, 30 Condition DamageDuration: 6sRange: 600

We have other skills like this in the game. Bulwark Gyro on Engineer, Rise! on Reaper. However they are all limited by the health pool of those minions. Bulwark Gyro stops giving its buff when it dies. Shambling Horros aswell, but they also absorb 33% of the damage. In crucial moments like bombing the enemy, they will die rather quickly, making them less good.

Same goes for "Guard!". You pet absorbs the damage, limiting how useful it was. However, now the player can absorb it through going in Soulbeast mode. This sounds like suicide at first, however, all hail the mighty Black Bear. With the Black Bear you get 3 seconds of Defy Pain aswell as Unflinching Fortitude. Together, this is 7 seconds of invulnerability to damage.

What are your guys' thoughts on this? Am I missing something, or is this secretly really strong?

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:You're burning 3 cooldowns for 33% damage reduction when a dodge would have avoided the damage. Like when are you (as a soulbeast in this context) clumped within 600 range next to 5 other people? For roaming/zerging?

It's probably only okay-ish.

D:

Yeh I ment this for teamfights. And I dont know if its worth it indeed when it comes to cooldown, but when you're frontlining, you're burning you invuln skills anyway when you go in.@"Dawdler.8521" said:

Ranger: "Guard!"Pet instantly die

Soulbeast... Read pls

@The V.8759 said:

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:You're burning 3 cooldowns for 33% damage reduction when a dodge would have avoided the damage. Like when are you (as a soulbeast in this context) clumped within 600 range next to 5 other people? For roaming/zerging?

It's probably only okay-ish.

D:

Yeh I ment this for teamfights. And I dont know if its worth it indeed when it comes to cooldown, but when you're frontlining, you're burning you invuln skills anyway when you go in.@"Dawdler.8521" said:

Ranger: "Guard!"
Pet instantly die

Soulbeast... Read pls

Then you should probably consider the other things that the class would bring as a "frontline." Only problem is that the stance share is the only thing that looks interesting . It should be noted to my knowledge the boons shared to allies are for the full duration, but not the stance effect. Maybe a shout with it? Even compared to Bulwark gyro, the Scrapper grants a projectile hate bubble + stability in their toolbelt. If they're traited, then the gyro's damage reduction is irrelevant, but the super speed field left behind helps in the charge forward (plus personal stab). "Guard!" doesn't seem to offer as much in this comparison. I only use "Rise!" for derping on a reaper, as I found the "Nothing Can Save You" + Spectral Grasp more entertaining.

Archived