Overcharged Shot bugged Range

Silinsar.6298

• 2 weeks later...

@"Shadowcat.2680" said:I hope Anet is at least aware of this skill's bugged range. Holosmiths cc'ing at a 1500 range with Overcharged Shot are becoming more common (in my experience) in WvW.

Well, maybe they can do something about rangers doing the same thing with a skill described as "Point Blank Shot". LUL

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@"Shadowcat.2680" said:I hope Anet is at least aware of this skill's bugged range. Holosmiths cc'ing at a 1500 range with Overcharged Shot are becoming more common (in my experience) in WvW.

Well, maybe they can do something about rangers doing the same thing with a skill described as "Point Blank Shot". LUL

The tooltip for Overcharged Shot lists the range as 600. It's currently hitting at a 1500 range (tested this myself in WvW using mortar kit to gauge the distance). Seems bugged considering that no other shot on the rifle, even the autoattack, can hit that range.

If you're talking about the difference in range for bows vs rifles, then that's hardly relevant to one skill performing differently than it has previously with no notes from Anet about an intended change to its range.

@Shadowcat.2680 said:

The tooltip for Overcharged Shot lists the range as 600. It's currently hitting at a 1500 range (tested this myself in WvW using mortar kit to gauge the distance). Seems bugged considering that no other shot on the rifle, even the autoattack, can hit that range.

If you're talking about the difference in range for bows vs rifles, then that's hardly relevant to one skill performing differently than it has previously with no notes from Anet about an intended change to its range.

I think he's talking about Ranger's LB skills hitting at ranges beyond 1500 range (like ~1800). This is arguable unintended as well and was never addressed. OS with 1500 range is obviously unintended, but at least it is easily missed and side stepped at that range. And an engi isn't even a threat when creating distance to an enemy with OS that's already ~700+ range away because it can't follow up with anything.

@Silinsar.6298 said:

I think he's talking about Ranger's LB skills hitting at ranges beyond 1500 range (like ~1800). This is arguable unintended as well and was never addressed. OS with 1500 range is obviously unintended, but at least it is easily missed and side stepped at that range. And an engi isn't even a threat when creating distance to an enemy with OS that's already ~700+ range away because it can't follow up with anything.

I'm aware of bows having greater ranges than their tooltips state due to arcing projectiles. Note, it's not just longbow on ranger. Every bow in the game behaves this way, regardless of profession. There's been multiple threads about it with Anet never offering their input. It's still not related to a bugged range on a completely different weapon.

Nor does it seem productive to discuss the balance of a bugged range since it is a bug and not intentional. Hopefully it'll be addressed at some point.

Archived