Acquiring Second Ascended Set

So I finally finished my first ascended set. I decided to go for celestial for my sword weaver (was gonna do exotic, but celestial itself was a pain so I decided I may as well go ascended).

My question is, now that I have this, what's the easiest way for me to go about getting more ascended armor? I'd like a berserkers set for staff or scepter, and I'd like to equip my other characters for fractals too.

As a secondary question, will people get mad at me in tier 4 fractals for having celestial sword?

what's the easiest way for me to go about getting more ascended armor? I'd like a berserkers set for staff or scepter, and I'd like to equip my other characters for fractals too.

Raids, using magnetite shards to buy armor, outside of that, random drops from fractals, crafting gramdmaster marks and buying them from fractals, certain collections award ascended armors/weapons.

As a secondary question, will people get mad at me in tier 4 fractals for having celestial sword?Depends; do you know what you're doing, and is the healer/buffbot out dpsing you?

You can share Ascended among characters of the same weight class, it is account-bound rather than soul-bound.

You can craft as many armor pieces and weapons as you'd like. HoT's unbound magic makes it easy to get accessories, etc. There are other sources, including Fractals.

You can also swap stats via the Forge if you find stats undesirable.

This is all on the wiki, under Ascended Equipment.

@Sephylon.4938 said:

what's the easiest way for me to go about getting more ascended armor? I'd like a berserkers set for staff or scepter, and I'd like to equip my other characters for fractals too.

Raids, using magnetite shards to buy armor, outside of that, random drops from fractals, crafting gramdmaster marks and buying them from fractals, certain collections award ascended armors/weapons.

As a secondary question, will people get mad at me in tier 4 fractals for having celestial sword?Depends; do you know what you're doing, and is the healer/buffbot out dpsing you?

I wouldn't say I'm the best player ever, but I know what I'm doing. Been playing ele for a year, it's my main. I've mainly done tier 1 fractals, but I find them easy by now and am looking to move up. I did do some tier two, still not bad.

I chose celestial stats because I found ele too squishy to get up close with the sword, and celestial helps a lot with that. Plus it takes advantage of the hybrid nature of the weapon.

If you like to do fractals, and can make a concerted effort to hit the recommended dailies for pages, I'd say getting them from the fractal vendor is cheapest and easiest.

I just geared up my 2nd character in full ascended. My first character was lucky and got pants and chest from chest drops, but the rest was purchased with Grandmaster marks + pages + relics.

My 2nd character has 3 pieces purchased with pages + relics, and 3 pcs crafted, and I have to say the material requirements for Grandmaster Marks is far less onerous than crafting the armor outright.

You need 3 Grandmaster marks + 12 pages + 400 relics + 2 gold for Head, Shoulders, Gloves and BootsYou need 4 Grandmaster marks +16 pages + 600 relics for LeggingsYou need 4 Grandmaster marks + 24 pages + 800 relics for Chest

Now that you have a full ascended set though, you can easily do T2 fractals, and while you'll have enough AR for T3, there are new mechanics introduced that increase the difficulty of the fractal, so there will be a learning curve.

@Wentworth.6901 said:So I finally finished my first ascended set. I decided to go for celestial for my sword weaver (was gonna do exotic, but celestial itself was a pain so I decided I may as well go ascended).

My question is, now that I have this, what's the easiest way for me to go about getting more ascended armor? I'd like a berserkers set for staff or scepter, and I'd like to equip my other characters for fractals too.

Finish the Knight of the Thorn quest after HoT for more easy access to another ascended weapon for free (greatsword, sword, dagger, shield or scepter).

The absolute fastest way is finishing the first legendary armor collection though it does require raids. If you were part of a guild which would take you along or show you the fights this would go very fast.

The second fastest way is probably fractals.

@Wentworth.6901 said:

As a secondary question, will people get mad at me in tier 4 fractals for having celestial sword?

Simple, change the skin and don't tell them. Problem solved.

Excuse the question, but what in the name of the Five does a Weaver need a celestial armor set for? :o

If you wanted to add some protection for PvE map playing, and dodging out of damage just wasn't good enough for you, then a Soldier's set would have been more logical to get (you lose the extra crit chance and damage, but you rarely get downed and still deal a decent amount of damage).

@Ashantara.8731 said:Excuse the question, but what in the name of the Five does a Weaver need a celestial armor set for? :o

If you wanted to add some protection for PvE map playing, and dodging out of damage just wasn't good enough for you, then a Soldier's set would have been more logical to get (you lose the extra crit chance and damage, but you rarely get downed and still deal a decent amount of damage).

I wanted condi damage for the sword, and decent damage alongside survivability. I also wanted a set that would work for tempest as well for support. Maybe I'm wrong, wouldn't be the first time haha

@Wentworth.6901 said:

@"Ashantara.8731" said:Excuse the question, but what in the name of the Five does a Weaver need a celestial armor set for? :o

I wanted condi damage for the sword, and decent damage alongside survivability. I also wanted a set that would work for tempest as well for support. Maybe I'm wrong, wouldn't be the first time haha

applies to celestial even more since you're dividing the damage between more stats. If you have a dps meter, find out where most of your dps comes from and boost that stat over the other, while slotting in some defensive traits and utilities to not die.

@"Wentworth.6901" said:So I finally finished my first ascended set. I decided to go for celestial for my sword weaver (was gonna do exotic, but celestial itself was a pain so I decided I may as well go ascended).May I ask what is the stat of your 1st ascended armor/weapon? If you are doing Fractal dailies, you will get ascended armor/weapon drops and of course you will have to do the stat change using Mystic Forge. Nothing is painful.My question is, now that I have this, what's the easiest way for me to go about getting more ascended armor? I'd like a berserkers set for staff or scepter, and I'd like to equip my other characters for fractals too.Easiest way is always "Crafting" but does cost a lots. Be patience with the fractal dailies drops, I equipped 3 chars with fully ascended gears by doing this. Full Berserker stat is highly recommended for Ele by Metabuild and Snowcrows. Check them out.As a secondary question, will people get mad at me in tier 4 fractals for having celestial sword?People wont know about your celestial sword unless they use some ingame apps which I have no clue about them. But I met many sword Wevers, they used Berserker though. People will definitely get mad at you if healers are out dpsing you. A kick as usual consequences.

Elementalist is very hard to master, the rotation is complex, too squishy, need to aware the cast time otherwise you will interrupt it and result in low dps. Positioning and dodging is crucial. You will experience the difficulties once reach T4

Anybuild can run T1 and T2 but higher tiers require specific meta builds.

Good luck and have fun gaming.

@Wentworth.6901 said:As a secondary question, will people get mad at me in tier 4 fractals for having celestial sword?

If you are very good at your class (but then, why did you go for celestial?), you may still have an acceptable performance. Otherwise, many people in T4s still probably won't notice and consequently won't care, given the amount of clueless people who run around in T4s. However, you'll belong to exactly the group of players that makes pug T4s unbearable for many others.

Archived