Share your feelings on the current state of the game ?☕️

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me it's just playing a lot on weekends and getting my 1500 WvW pips, then just barely playing at all while I wait for the Friday reset night

I liked the recent LW Episodes, but there was barely any meat on those bones. I'll enjoy doing the collection for the Banner, but in general there just isn't anything to do.

Edit: That shouldn't be indicative for the game as a whole though. I am not much of a PvP or Fractal player, there is a ton of unused potential for me there that I can't be bothered to get into.

Par for the course. People get mad when theres no changes, then get mad because there is changes. Player demand MORE CONTENT, then complain about how it messes up their farming spots. Too much to do, not enough to do..... My class is underpowered, but everyone else is OP.

The state of the game is similar to most other games that are at least doing ok........ muddied by contradictory opinions.

It's still fun, but starting to get a little played out. Too much same old, same old. I just came back from a break, but it feels like all I'm doing is retreading ground that I've already retreaded a couple dozen bunches of times.

I'd reeeaaaalllly like a fresh start with a new character in a whole new campaign, set in some previously unexplored region. Ya know, like how Factions was, back in the day. And then Nightfall. With new professions and maybe some previously unplayable or previously unheard of new races to play.

Won't get that, of course, but I sure do wish we could be done with all the dragon stuff.

@Tachenon.5270 said:It's still fun, but starting to get a little played out. Too much same old, same old. I just came back from a break, but it feels like all I'm doing is retreading ground that I've already retreaded a couple dozen bunches of times.

I'd reeeaaaalllly like a fresh start with a new character in a whole new campaign, set in some previously unexplored region. Ya know, like how Factions was, back in the day. And then Nightfall. With new professions and maybe some previously unplayable or previously unheard of new races to play.

Won't get that, of course, but I sure do wish we could be done with all the dragon stuff.

I feel you bro we need Cantha or a completely new continent. On another note the game needs to change it's heavy reliance on a micro-transaction business model or at least give the players reasonable prices for skins and decent drop rates for the Black Lion Chests.

@LightofConduct.1693 said:

@Tachenon.5270 said:It's still fun, but starting to get a little played out. Too much same old, same old. I just came back from a break, but it feels like all I'm doing is retreading ground that I've already retreaded a couple dozen bunches of times.

I feel you bro we need Cantha or a completely new continent. On another note the game needs to change it's heavy reliance on a micro-transaction business model or at least give the players reasonable prices for skins and decent drop rates for the Black Lion Chests.

How so? There's plenty of places that can be extremely interesting in Tyria or the Crystal Desert. Why complain about the gem store? It's completely optional and the prices are fine with the exception of the 2k gems for mount skins maybe

After eight years it beat WoW as my MMO-home, so I feel great about it.I still love alting the old zones, can't get enough of HoT metas and pony farming (OCD heaven) and the PoF zones were great as long as they lasted.I'll never love fractals as much as I loved WoW dungeons though, because of no trinity, and I have little desire to repeat my raiding days here.GW2 PvP never really clicked with me either.

So it's not perfect, for me (or probably anyone), but as many have noted the static level cap and (debatable) slow crawl of power creep makes it a top MMO to leave for a while and return to. Until some much better MMO arrives (say one with GW2's meta's, WoW's dungeons, ???'s PvP and Wildstar's housing *), I'll be around.

• Edit: plus Gwent, obviously.

@Blocki.4931 said:

How so? There's plenty of places that can be extremely interesting in Tyria or the Crystal Desert.True, I did not say that there were not many interesting places in Tyria or the Crystal Desert. The reason agreed with the other player that maybe we need a new unexplored region or at least Cantha is because it would be nice to give us something completely new and grow the lore of GW2, maybe give us more info about the Deep Sea Dragon with the new continent (with a new personal story/race/and profession [maybe something like a Tengu/Cantha{Shing Jea Island}/Ritualist).

Why complain about the gem store? It's completely optional and the prices are fine with the exception of the 2k gems for mount skins maybeIt is true it's completely optional to buy gems and skins on the gemstone, but my grief is that Guildwars became great and got most of it's player base by having a buy to play model. Once you bought Guildwars you could unlock everything and get all the items you wanted if you put enough effort and time into it. With the new model it is not possible to get all the skins you want even with putting in a crazy amount of time and effort trying to get them.

Mount skins for 2000 gems are crazy, no transparency on horrible drop rates for the Black Lion Chest are also crazy. I would not mind buying gems every month to support the game, but it should be worth while to do so, and not be either super expensive or have horrible RNG.

Price per content is actually good. Technically. There are times where your time is wasted (so negative content if you think about it). Like queues or searching for an enemy in WvW. PvE there is probably less issues of time wasted. If you only play one aspect of GW2 you will probably have a more negative view given it's 2-3 games bundled into the price of one.

@LightofConduct.1693 said:

How so? There's plenty of places that can be extremely interesting in Tyria or the Crystal Desert.True, I did not say that there were not many interesting places in Tyria or the Crystal Desert. The reason agreed with the other player that maybe we need a new unexplored region or at least Cantha is because it would be nice to give us something completely new and grow the lore of GW2, maybe give us more info about the Deep Sea Dragon with the new continent (with a new personal story/race/and profession [maybe something like a Tengu/Cantha{Shing Jea Island}/Ritualist).

Why complain about the gem store? It's completely optional and the prices are fine with the exception of the 2k gems for mount skins maybeIt is true it's completely optional to buy gems and skins on the gemstone, but my grief is that Guildwars became great and got most of it's player base by having a buy to play model. Once you bought Guildwars you could unlock everything and get all the items you wanted if you put enough effort and time into it. With the new model it is not possible to get all the skins you want even with putting in a crazy amount of time and effort trying to get them.

Mount skins for 2000 gems are crazy, no transparency on horrible drop rates for the Black Lion Chest are also crazy. I would not mind buying gems every month to support the game, but it should be worth while to do so, and not be either super expensive or have horrible RNG.

Ty for your explanations. I can see that some skins are definitely annoying and expensive to get, but ! keep in mind that you will always have a chance to get them at a later point. Be it when you have enough gold to exchange into gems or by buying the skins for gold on the TP directly. Months later when they return into the rotation again or become available through Black Lion Statuettes. Even when not buying any keys, the free keys you can get do add up eventually.

@Blocki.4931 said:

How so? There's plenty of places that can be extremely interesting in Tyria or the Crystal Desert. Why complain about the gem store? It's completely optional and the prices are fine with the exception of the 2k gems for mount skins maybe

Urgh... The desert has become extremely boring for me. Not just PoF, but all LWS4-episodes until now are exclusively desert-themed. I really want to get out of there now. We haven't had some icy or autumnish regions for ages now. I wouldn't mind going back to the jungle too. I like green. s:

@Raizel.8175 said:

Urgh... The desert has become extremely boring for me. Not just PoF, but all LWS4-episodes until now are exclusively desert-themed. I really want to get out of there now. We haven't had some icy or autumnish regions for ages now. I wouldn't mind going back to the jungle too. I like green. s:

We could definitely do with something north of Desert Highlands at the very least. I loved the snowy mountains up there, it can only get better.

Personally i feel that the drive we could see in Arena Net back in 2012-2015 isn't really there any more.It's like after hot, they laid out these "systems" and now are just going through the motions, repeating everything.This has had several implications:Balance is unimaginative, and mostly infective. Also they have this supreme inability to prevent PvP balance to bleed into PvE, which usually ends up with barely viable builds being removed from consideration entirely. This happened to Herald in 2016, has happened with scourge last year (just to cite the most flagrant cases, although not the only ones), and there's no sign this won't happen again.The Balance team's adherence to a strict schedule compounds the issue. And what's worse, and while it might be unfair to compare, Arena Net usually has the same, or less, changes in their 2 month cadence, as other games can put out every 2 weeks.What happens then? Most casual players will see themselves barred from high end content because their chosen class/Elite is just not seen as an option. Which means they'll have to play something they don't enjoy as much.I'm not advocating for people being able to play with celestial's in Raids, but every elite spec should have a fair shot, and right not, it doesn't, not really.

The living world is also starting to feel repetitive. The story itself is good, but the rest of the content is feeling stale and just the same cookie cutter, new map, new currencies, a couple new achievements, and rinse and repeat. While i've enjoyed LS3, Season 4 has been less fun. Season 3 still had some moments where we would go back to old maps for a bit, and that felt more involved. Season 4 has been mostly just focused on their respective maps, and nothing else.I'd personally enjoy having a few releases without new maps, that would take that opportunity to instead revamp some of the older maps, adding the content there.Or even just finish the rest of the living world maps. We have less of Istan and Kourna explorable in GW2 than we had in GW1. We only a small bit of the Ring of Fire, etc.Even just one episode where we go back and clear up the tunnel between Fields of Ruin and the Highlands, with a bit of new content spread between those 2 maps, and can even have a sort of entirely underground small map or an instance between them for the tunnel part.There's so much value that can be extracted from the game with living world, and it's wasted with the formulaic approach that has been set.

Them strictly reserving Elite specs as "selling points" for expansions, is also hurting the game. We need at least a couple more elite specs to go back to a point where each profession has enough choices in them to bring back the "no holy trinity" promise of the original GW2. When you can truly have more than one choice of a healer, support, tank and, well we already have DPS choices... Then the game will feel more balance and less forced.

For example, a big chunk of the problem with scourge, and spellbreaker (although the later got a bit left-out because scourge performed egregiously better in Conquest and WvW) would have been less prevalent if they had been released along with a full suite of PvP-centric elite specs. I mean those two were clearly built to play vs other players, there's barely any PvE content where a class dedicated to boon shredding would be really strong (there's the Halloween Lich, the Blue Guardian in Wing One and one Mistlock Instability that are made easier/require boon strip). So, obviously they'd over-perform a bit when compared to the less PvP-centric elites.

We're about to have access again to some of the best content the game dropped in living world releases. I hope that looking back into this content sparked some memories of how awesome and creative they managed to be in the past, and light up their creativity for the future.

@Raizel.8175 said:

I dunno, I thought Sandswept Isles was pretty green away from the beaches.

Archived