New Lava Font Bug

CETheLucid.3964

So. We know Lava Font got hit with a significant damage nerf in exchange for the PvP CD. Questionable IMO, but it is what it is at present. Okay. Maybe I can make this work I thought.

! 14COhR2.jpg! (Deep balance based thoughts)

I decided I wanted to play around with this new low CD Lava Font by traiting Pyromancer's Training and Persisting Flames to get a Lava Font that lasts 6 seconds on a now 4 second CD.

You should be able to pump out two of these bad boys now if you're on your game with the timing. Not so. It's bugged. It uses the unreduced CD.

As long as staff ele is going to get it's meteors fixed, I hope by bringing some attention to this before the next big update we might get some double Lava Font action out of it.

Posting here instead of the bug forums for visibility and awareness for fellow eles. But if anyone wants to help by making a separate thread on the bug forums, reddit, etc. be my guest.

Thanks for reading.

It appears to have a base cd of 6sec and that gets reduced down to 4.8sec (4 3/4sec in-game) when traited. Doesn't seem bugged at all. What seems to be happening is the aoe appears before the casting animation completes and so it's already up for about 1.5sec before Lava Font goes on cd. It's very strange, but I wouldn't call it a bug.

@Jski.6180 said:There a cast time on it even though it dose not say there is a lot of ele skills are like that.

Yup. Lava font also has an aftercast, and the cooldown doesn't start until the aftercast is over. If you just use lava font and spam it on cooldown, you won't quite be able to get two lava fonts up at the same time, like OP said. But you can interrupt the aftercast by using another skill a split second after casting LF.For example, if you lava font and burning retreat right after, you'll see the your cooldown start a few split seconds earlier and you'll be able to get overlapping circles for a few split seconds.

It's always been like this, btw.

Archived