Here is me being hopeful for the future of ele

Legendofzelda.1278

So now that ele is getting nerfed to one of the lowest dps in the game I mean after the "bug fix". Will this open up the ability to change skills to be better? like conjures and things? conjures being fairly useless outside pve and a few builds that in high end anything tend to be sub par to other builds. Remember bench dps for ele right now before the bug fix is about 37k on large hit box (1k below thief's right now). Any thoughts on this? anet thoughts maybe? probably not but who knows. There have been lots of suggestions that are really good for ele utilities and skills maybe some of them will become reality after all the devs did say "we are listening to your feed back". This huge nerf just might put us in the place so that can happen heres hoping :D.

But they kind of just nerf conjures weapons big dmg skills vs your big targets in pve and i never seen one used well in pvp.

It realty comes down to how ele should be doing its dmg and how hard is it to counter. Right now even with the bug to MS you can comply stop it with blocks that are well timed mind you its a very hard thing to pull off with no room for error but still very much able to deal with. Blocks where a big problem before for the ele class (why its so easy to block magic in this game is beyond me) and will be more of a problem after the "fix."

This is my main point of view on the future of ele is going to be solely off of if anet keeps spiting the ele skills or keeps un spiting them. If they split the skills pve vs pve balancing the ele class will be fine. If they un split them and try to make the ele skill balanced off of only one or the other or even some weird mix of the 2 the class is doom to these spikes of op and up over and over.

Though i lost nearly all hope and faith in Anet at this point as an core ele player (i played a lot of weaver and tempest too but i like core most of all) because they do not post here at all and are more likely to post about the ele class on spvp or wvw purely to talk about though game types and how ele is bugged nothing to do with balancing or updates about the ele class.

If things are good now they will be bad later on because of Anet.

we will have to see what happens and as for meteor shower I run around in wvw allot on glass ele and I rarely go down to a meteor shower because I know to get out of red circles its actually easy to dodge most of the time. very rarely are there situations that you just cant get out of them. I am one of the people eles would be hitting for 16k which I have 12k so that would not end well for me lol just need awareness most people just like standing in circles and feeling like a boss tanking damage which does not work so well with the current bug (or need better awareness). I do agree the bug needs fixing so not saying anything against that.

@"Legendofzelda.1278" said:we will have to see what happens and as for meteor shower I run around in wvw allot on glass ele and I rarely go down to a meteor shower because I know to get out of red circles its actually easy to dodge most of the time. very rarely are there situations that you just cant get out of them. I am one of the people eles would be hitting for 16k which I have 12k so that would not end well for me lol just need awareness most people just like standing in circles and feeling like a boss tanking damage which does not work so well with the current bug (or need better awareness). I do agree the bug needs fixing so not saying anything against that.

Dealing with Meteor shower is easy its the other attks that have no real tells like CR from rev or the unblock-able attks from necros that going to eat you alive as well as other classes.

Is this a hope for ele having a places in wvw? Ya it still will to a point but it was sub optimal before the balance patch and it will be all the worst after the "fix."

If you could get a dev. to post on the ele forms talking about balance and there aim for ele at any point during these balance patches so we know they are looking at ele players feed back then there is some reason to hope but there has been no post on the ele forms by a dev for well over a year and no talk at all about balancing of ele any where on the forms for what feels like 2 years +.

I dont mean to kill all of your hope for this class its a fun class you should enjoy it and enjoy what to come.

I play ele for field support (starting combos or even ending them to a point) and aoe contort (high dmg to keep ppl from standing still or strong cc when some one goes into a field) sadly these have all become much weaker as more was added into the game. I am forever going to keep pushing for these 2 effect to get buffed to on par with support ability and strong cc.

i think ms is the same in all modes but the modifiers in wvw esp with food and objective buffs are obscene. in wvw you also get a group buffing you which isnt the case in pvp.

a guard reported yesterday 12k showers for being to much in pvp... i get like 10k showers of in pvp. i can easily see them being conflicted with the 60% upfront dmg change aswell.

@Legendofzelda.1278

i kinda hope the same but you also have to be aware that the last meaningfull buffs to ele are a very long time ago. like back in core days.

@steki.1478 said:Do we actually know that MS is bugged in pve? Benchmark would be much higher if MS did 60% more damage everywhere. Nobody even reported high numbers in spvp, so this is most likely only wvw bug.

Extremely unlikely. It would require them to intentionally split the scaling of the skill and mess up the number only in WvW. And I can't remember any mention of splitting MS in this way in patch notes.

What i think is that weaver should of not been the dps elite spec for ele but it should be the non fall off dps. The ideal is that core ele and weaver should do the same dps BUT the big differences would be that if the core ele jumps into a non dps atument earth or water there dps falls off significantly where a weaver can jump into part water or part earth but still maintain its dps. In doing so the weaver loses its flexibility of on the fly all in dps and all in support where the core ele would still be able to have this flexibility on the fly utitly.

Anet needs to retry for a true all in dmg elite spec for ele with a wepon that is made for mages dps.

I would also love to see weaver 1.0 because we have weaver 2.0 as it was comply scraped at one point and remade.

Yeah when core ele was awesome and than HOT nerfed and broke core so tempest can be viable in the three playing fields. Tempest was absolute for DPS or team support specs in pve and team fights in wvw/spvp and everyone loved it for 3 months. And then the hate came pouring down in raids in about a month, spvp in 2-3 months and a year later for wvw. Please make CORE better again and then Tempest spec before you sell us a third expansion. Please don't gut Weaver to death like you did the 2 prior.

Archived