New booster character, how long until i can unlock the elite specialization

clawduda.4630

Hi,

I am a new player and i just bought POF ( I do not have HOT ) and i want to jump straight into itActually i am not a NEW player in the full sense, i did play GW2 when it came out but i stopped playing way before HOT came out even.

Now, I discovered POF and the world seems fun so i wanted to try it

So I have watched videos and presentations of the classes specifically about the POF elite specializations. I chose one that appeared to have the most fun gameplay, action wise. For me of course ...because fun is different from player to player

Ok so now I have my newly created character, boosted him and went into the POF story. I noticed I have to train my elite specialization first.

My question to the experienced players is: How long will it take until I am able to get all the points necessary and unlock it ? I presume you guys being active players can make an estimation on this. Because I for one .. have no idea :)

Thank you

Just do hero points. Preferably on PoF maps (more points per challenge).

How fast they will accumulate depends on:

• Effectiveness of your build
  • Gear (damage)
  • Map travel (super fast with mounts)

My estimate is it can be done well within the hour, as all PoF maps are open from the getgo. But if you are running booster gear I'd say 2-3 hours ought to be more than enough, even if you have issues finding some. Albeit given you travel map to map just chasing the hero challenges.

No need to hurry though. Enjoy the maps. Have fun. Experience the story. Relearn your profession. Collect hero points as you go.

Welcome back :)

@rng.1024 said:Just do hero points. Preferably on PoF maps (more points per challenge).

How fast they will accumulate depends on:

• Effectiveness of your build
  • Gear (damage)
  • Map travel (super fast with mounts)

My estimate is it can be done well within the hour, as all PoF maps are open from the getgo. But if you are running booster gear I'd say 2-3 hours ought to be more than enough, even if you have issues finding some. Albeit given you travel map to map just chasing the hero challenges.

No need to hurry though. Enjoy the maps. Have fun. Experience the story. Relearn your profession. Collect hero points as you go.

Welcome back :)

thank you for the answer mate. i was afraid that it would take a lot more gametime to unlock the elitebut based on what you said i think i am going to be alright :)

thank you for your help mate

Should be said that some of the Hero Points can't be accessed without specific mounts or a specific mastery level in a given mount, so there's gonna be some additional work if this is your first time. For instance, you need the Springer in order to reach a few places in Desert Highlands. You need the Skimmer to reach across quicksand in some places and the Jackal needs to be trained to use Sand portals.

So it's definitely gonna take a while longer than the hour it takes for someone who has all the mounts and masteries. The upside however is that you can equip the Elite Specialization even if it isn't fully trained, in order to access the new mechanics and weapon. You need 90 HP to learn finish the first "Line" of traits, which is a total of 9 Hero Challenges in the Desert area which should be doable.

It depends on your resources. By that, I meant if you own both HoT AND PoF, if you unlocked mounts and glider masteries. If you just have PoF, and you're basically starting from scratch, it can take a couple of hours to unlock the full spec. The thing I like about the Hero Points in PoF is they are mostly soloable. I have 29 level 80 characters and I have unlocked 1 or 2 elite specs for both.

How long it takes is really up to how well you take to the game and whether or not you find people to play with. All of the HP's in PoF require a group of people to get. Well, not all of them. However, if you are not familiar with how to play the game and how to play the profession you boosted then it will take you longer than it will someone who knows what they are doing. My recommendation is to get HP's via WvW. You can earn Testimonies of Heroics which can be used to buy HP scrolls. WvW won't be as brutal as the PoF maps. It might be slightly slower though but I recommend taking your time over speed. The game isn't going to go anywhere and it is a lot more fun when you know what you are doing as opposed to not knowing how to do anything. I see a lot of frustrated players in game who boosted but don't understand what they are doing.So take your time.

• 2 weeks later...

@Dace.8173 said:How long it takes is really up to how well you take to the game and whether or not you find people to play with. All of the HP's in PoF require a group of people to get. Well, not all of them. However, if you are not familiar with how to play the game and how to play the profession you boosted then it will take you longer than it will someone who knows what they are doing. My recommendation is to get HP's via WvW. You can earn Testimonies of Heroics which can be used to buy HP scrolls. WvW won't be as brutal as the PoF maps. It might be slightly slower though but I recommend taking your time over speed. The game isn't going to go anywhere and it is a lot more fun when you know what you are doing as opposed to not knowing how to do anything. I see a lot of frustrated players in game who boosted but don't understand what they are doing.So take your time.

Not true at all. PoF HPs are soloable. I’ve literally tested this on all 9 core profession. Learning their mechanics and gearing for sustain will help you achieve this.

HoT HPs on the other hand... find a HP train cause those maps are a pain.

@DragonSlayer.1087 said:

@Dace.8173 said:How long it takes is really up to how well you take to the game and whether or not you find people to play with.
All of the HP's in PoF require a group of people to get.
Well, not all of them. However, if you are not familiar with how to play the game and how to play the profession you boosted then it will take you longer than it will someone who knows what they are doing. My recommendation is to get HP's via WvW. You can earn Testimonies of Heroics which can be used to buy HP scrolls. WvW won't be as brutal as the PoF maps. It might be slightly slower though but I recommend taking your time over speed. The game isn't going to go anywhere and it is a lot more fun when you know what you are doing as opposed to not knowing how to do anything. I see a lot of frustrated players in game who boosted but don't understand what they are doing.So take your time.

Not true at all. PoF HPs are soloable. I’ve literally tested this on all 9 core profession. Learning their mechanics and gearing for sustain will help you achieve this.

HoT HPs on the other hand... find a HP train cause those maps are a pain.

Um ..... yeah .....did you read what I said? I said that some where soloable and tied the ability to solo them to the player's skill level. I haven't said anything that isn't true. If you boost to 80 and you don't know what you are doing then you are not going to be able to solo the PoF's HPs.

Archived