Chrono for solo pve?

Sylent.3165

So I keep reading chrono is op.

Is this just for PvP or pve? I'm looking for a sword and shield class and for pve chrono seems the best. I like to play solo as much as possible doing hard events and soloing champions. Is this something chrono can do well?

I'm used to soloing as a reaper or scourge or druid so would I still be able to solo champions and hard events alone?

Chrono’s a good pick. I used to proficiently solo champions and group events with one, but then I discovered high-end PvE content xD. That chrono has since gone full glass and can only deal with champs by bursting them as fast as possible within the amount of active mitigation that the class provides. Still works for some cases, just in a different way :smile:.

The shield is a particularly strong tool for defense - two lengthy blocks that summon phantasms that provide protection (#4) and a heavy cc (#5) which paired with diversion, can rip through break bars. MH Sword is a no brainer, and you can additionally take (MH) scepter/sword (OH) somewhere for an absurd amount of 100% dmg mitigation; the combo’s definitely not the best option, but it exists for you to use. Staff is good too for blinking backwards if things get hot. The mesmer is LOADED with active mitigation useful for solo (and it gets better with chrono); you might actually find it more to your liking.

(I hope I got this post on time before someone suggests mirage instead. Don’t fall for it! :tongue:)

Archived