Bank Space extended to 17 - did you try it yet?

Few weeks ago I bought an additional bank slot but got an error message when trying to apply it (error said I have the max amount of 14). So I opened a ticket and got the gems spent refunded. But it seems to be true and the max amount to be extended to 17 per account. I don't dare to buy one again and wait another almost 4 weeks for a response to a ticket, so my question is: did anyone of you buy a 15th to 17th bank space item and did it work?

It's in the June 26th patch notes:

"Three additional Bank Tab Expansions may now be purchased from the Upgrades category of the Gem Store for 600 gems each. Each account can now unlock up to 17 bank tabs."https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/44775/game-update-notes-june-26-2018#latest

So it definitely should work and if not it's something Anet will need to know about so they can fix it.

@"Keldash.3602" said:Yes, I purchased 3 bank tab expansions and my bank went from 14 tabs to 17 like it said. :)

Ok, thank you - then I don't know why the support refunded the gems when it should have worked or even already worked after the three point five days of waiting for a response?

The easiest way to make sure you don't over-purchase bag slots (for characters) or tabs (for the bank) is to use the interface on the inventory or bank, respectively. At the bottom, if the game thinks you can buy a slot, it will show a lock icon (if not, no icon). Clicking the icon allows you to make the purchase (and yes, when slots are discounted, you'll get the price reduction this way, too).

Support will generally refund any purchase that can be cancelled, e.g. a bank slot item that you delete without consuming. If you already unlocked a feature, they usually cannot make a refund (e.g. if you bought a pink skin instead of the edgelord black you wanted, you'd be skritt-out-of-luck).

@Brother.1504 said:Yes maxed bank tabs. Awkward that it’s 17 tabs and not 20.

Has very likely to do with distributing revenue over multiple quarters and giving people something to buy down the road. As far as I recall bank tabs went from 8, to 12, to 15 and now to 17 max.

Bank tab expansions as well as inventory bag slot expansions are probably one of the goods which get cycled in if revenue needs a bump since there is a guaranteed crowd which will purchase them.

Also yes, I too upgraded from 14 to 17 and as IWN mentioned, the safest way is to directly get them in the bank menu and not go via the store (since the store will not actually warn you about being capped on this item interestingly enough).

Out of curiosity what do you guys use all your bank tabs for?

I have 5, and if I sorted stuff out properly and didn't assign a line to a specific type of item and avoid putting anything else in the empty spaces I could get everything in there into 4 tabs. I am planning to buy a 6th next time they're on sale, but mostly as a 'just in case' kind of thing.

I genuinely don't know what I'd do with even 10 tabs, let alone 17.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:The easiest way to make sure you don't over-purchase bag slots (for characters) or tabs (for the bank) is to use the interface on the inventory or bank, respectively. At the bottom, if the game thinks you can buy a slot, it will show a lock icon (if not, no icon). Clicking the icon allows you to make the purchase (and yes, when slots are discounted, you'll get the price reduction this way, too).

Support will generally refund any purchase that can be cancelled, e.g. a bank slot item that you delete without consuming. If you already unlocked a feature, they usually cannot make a refund (e.g. if you bought a pink skin instead of the edgelord black you wanted, you'd be skritt-out-of-luck).

Also, an easy way to see if you are maxed on Bank Slots, and, of course, when the opportunity to buy more becomes available (if previously maxed, as I was.)

@Danikat.8537 said:Out of curiosity what do you guys use all your bank tabs for?

I have 5, and if I sorted stuff out properly and didn't assign a line to a specific type of item and avoid putting anything else in the empty spaces I could get everything in there into 4 tabs. I am planning to buy a 6th next time they're on sale, but mostly as a 'just in case' kind of thing.

I'm an organized hoarder for three reasons:

• This game has often turned worthless junk into useful/valuable commodities.
  • There's a good amount of stuff that I use regularly, but occasionally. For example, I have a full set of armor ready for whenever I create a new toon.
  • I prefer to save stuff to process assembly-line fashion, i.e. instead of spending extra minutes every day on champ bags & loot boxes, I like to open them up 5-50 stacks at a time. (One boring session, rather than death by a 1000 salvage-alls).

Without much dithering, I could reduce my dozen tabs into 6. With dithering, probably down to 2-3.

In the end, for me, 600 gems is worth the convenience of pushing such decisions down the road.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:The easiest way to make sure you don't over-purchase bag slots (for characters) or tabs (for the bank) is to use the interface on the inventory or bank, respectively. At the bottom, if the game thinks you can buy a slot, it will show a lock icon (if not, no icon).

Thank you mate, I did so and now I got the additional slots without an error message :-)

@Danikat.8537 said:Out of curiosity what do you guys use all your bank tabs for?

The short answer. The game drops loads of stuff that are account bound and don’t sort into crafting storage.

Archived