How exactly does rally work

Faux Play.6104

Recently I've not gotten a rally when I had been downed. An example was both myself and one other were in a 1v1 on a node and both downed each other. Someone from my team came in and stomped, but I still needed a rez. What exactly do you need to do to get a rally, and what prevents it?

@MithranArkanere.8957 said:To get rallied, an ally uses the [Resurrect](sic) innate skill by pressing F on you, or a revive skill, or an enemy is defeated after you have done enough damage to them to tag them.

Then there are specifics per mode. Like how PvP doesn't have downed penalty, or how in WvW each enemy defeat only rallies one player.

so is it a bug if you do 90+% of the damage to someone and don't get a rally? To me there is something else to it.

@Faux Play.6104 said:

@MithranArkanere.8957 said:To get rallied, an ally uses the [Resurrect](sic) innate skill by pressing F on you, or a revive skill, or an enemy is defeated after you have done enough damage to them to tag them.

Then there are specifics per mode. Like how PvP doesn't have downed penalty, or how in WvW each enemy defeat only rallies one player.

so is it a bug if you do 90+% of the damage to someone and don't get a rally? To me there is something else to it.

Most likely a bug. Sometimes it happens unfortunately

@Faux Play.6104 said:

Are you certain you did that much damage to him compared to your (up) teammate? Downed skills aren't particularly heavy hitting. Also, class?

@Gretzel.6790 said:

Are you certain you did that much damage to him compared to your (up) teammate? Downed skills aren't particularly heavy hitting. Also, class?

In this case I was on thief. I did almost the entire bar of damage to them while I was up. The other person just stomped them. However, I just ported and tried to heal while Down.

In another case i ported up a ledge to hit someone that was down that I had not engaged. In that cas I rallied after only hitting them twice.

I'm thinking you have to do damage while downed to get rallied. What you did before you were down is irrelevant.

@Yannir.4132 said:

@Faux Play.6104 said:I'm thinking you have to do damage while downed to get rallied. What you did before you were down is irrelevant.

That's indeed correct, you have to do damage to rally AFTER your opponent has been downed as well. Any damage you did prior to them getting downed is irrelevant in regards to rallying.

You have to do damage, while downed, to the enemy player who eventually dies or any enemy player?

@Sampson.2403 said:

@Faux Play.6104 said:I'm thinking you have to do damage while downed to get rallied. What you did before you were down is irrelevant.

That's indeed correct, you have to do damage to rally AFTER your opponent has been downed as well. Any damage you did prior to them getting downed is irrelevant in regards to rallying.

You have to do damage, while downed, to the enemy player who eventually dies or any enemy player?

The enemy player needs to get defeated in order for you to rally. Doesn't matter which opponent that is but they have to be cleaved to 0/stomped before the same happens to you.

@Yannir.4132 said:

The enemy player needs to get defeated in order for you to rally. Doesn't matter which opponent that is but they have to be cleaved to 0/stomped before the same happens to you.

No i understand that lol. What im asking is for example if i get downed and there are 2 enemies around me and my team. Lets say the enemies are a ranger and a warrior. If the warrior is downed and stomped, but i only do damage to the ranger (while im downed) do i still get rallied rallied from the warriors death?

@Sampson.2403 said:

No i understand that lol. What im asking is for example if i get downed and there are 2 enemies around me and my team. Lets say the enemies are a ranger and a warrior. If the warrior is downed and stomped, but i only do damage to the ranger (while im downed) do i still get rallied rallied from the warriors death?

No, you have to do damage to the warrior while they are downed.

@Faux Play.6104 said:

In this case I was on thief. I did almost the entire bar of damage to them while I was up. The other person just stomped them. However, I just ported and tried to heal while Down.

In another case i ported up a ledge to hit someone that was down that I had not engaged. In that cas I rallied after only hitting them twice.

I'm thinking you have to do damage while downed to get rallied. What you did before you were down is irrelevant.

Absolutely. When you get downed; whatever damage you dealt while alive isn't calculated in your rally. It just looks at how much damage you did to them while you are on the ground.

@Gretzel.6790 said:

Absolutely. When you get downed; whatever damage you dealt while alive isn't calculated in your rally. It just looks at how much damage you did to them while you are on the ground.

This is actually not true. An enemy tagged will rally you even if you do not damage them after going down.

@MithranArkanere.8957 said:

This is actually not true. An enemy tagged will rally you even if you do not damage them after going down.

This is only in PvE, as mobs don't have a downstate. Getting downstate resets the tag.

I saw a situation yesterday where i went to +1 the side node and both my teammate and the enemy player were down. Nobody else was there. So I thought ok ill finish off the other player and my teammate will rally... well he didn't rally so idk. I was kind of surprised by it, up until that game rally had been pretty consistent for me

@Yannir.4132 said:

This is only in PvE, as mobs don't have a downstate. Getting downstate resets the tag.

You mean the enemy tagged being downed?

Nope. That should still not happen. And some PvE enemies do have downed state, like the Toxic Nightmare court. Granted it isn't exactly like the player downed state since it seems to be some sort of 'fake' downed state like the PvP profession NPCs in the heart of the mists, but it will work.

I've seen teammates being rallied in PvP and WvW after an enemy runs away for a generous distance, gets downed, and finished without being even on line of sight of the downed ally.

As long as someone doesn't move too far, it should work, or it'll be a bug.

@MithranArkanere.8957 said:You mean the enemy tagged being downed?Exactly. My phrasing was a bit off.

I've seen teammates being rallied in PvP and WvW after an enemy runs away for a generous distance, gets downed, and finished without being even on line of sight of the downed ally.Well technically the requirement is the fact that you have an influence over your opponent getting defeated. Doesn't need to be damage, or even a skill. So basically applying a boon to an ally that stomps the target is enough. Or healing that ally. These are hard to do in downstate but for example elementalists Soothing Mist healing an ally will cause a rally if that ally stomps/cleaves.

As long as someone doesn't move too far, it should work, or it'll be a bug.Distance isn't a factor in PvP. Someone can be on the other side of the map, and still rally AFAIK. Can't verify currently, as I'm not home and wiki is a bit outdated/lacking information on this part.

Archived