Deadeye shoots through walls — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Deadeye shoots through walls

Crinn.7864Crinn.7864 Member ✭✭✭✭

Sanity is for the weak minded
YouTube

Comments

  • Ario.8964Ario.8964 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 25, 2017

    That's not them shooting through walls i think. I tested something with some friends last night on deadeye and we ran into a bug where kneeling while already in stealth and then porting away and shooting would cause a rendering bug where the game registered you as being somewhere else and the enemy would only see the location you were at previously. The bug was fixed once they moved and it happened a ton. I think this is what you were experiencing because in the first vid you can see the thief port from up on the platform to the far corner behind you once you've started running away. Animations would play the same way and bullets would look like they traveled through walls. Screenshot we took:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/345046933397700609/361764534773612544/unknown.png
    Explanation:
    The kneeling thief is me. The other enemy thief (from this guy's perspective) is my real location because we just did a small scale showing of this but it can stretch pretty far.

  • ArthurDent.9538ArthurDent.9538 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @choovanski.5462 said:
    its just 35k damage in one shot, that goes thru walls. dw about it. seems chill

    it only 100-0s everything without an auto invun. seems fair. seems balanced. swag

    I won't trigger the auto invuln since they require you to be hit while below the threshold but at 30k in a single hit it just by-passes the lower half of the health bar.

  • choovanski.5462choovanski.5462 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 25, 2017

    @ArthurDent.9538 said:

    @choovanski.5462 said:
    its just 35k damage in one shot, that goes thru walls. dw about it. seems chill

    it only 100-0s everything without an auto invun. seems fair. seems balanced. swag

    I won't trigger the auto invuln since they require you to be hit while below the threshold but at 30k in a single hit it just by-passes the lower half of the health bar.

    oh god... noone is safe

    deadeye > moa

    why moa and focus, when you can insta kill from 1500 safely outside the teamfight?

    I'm a punk kid, no reason why
    Nothing finer than the taste of tears running down my face
    Oh cry baby cry, oh cry baby cry oh

  • kKagari.6804kKagari.6804 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ario.8964 said:
    That's not them shooting through walls i think. I tested something with some friends last night on deadeye and we ran into a bug where kneeling while already in stealth and then porting away and shooting would cause a rendering bug where the game registered you as being somewhere else and the enemy would only see the location you were at previously. The bug was fixed once they moved and it happened a ton. I think this is what you were experiencing because in the first vid you can see the thief port from up on the platform to the far corner behind you once you've started running away. Animations would play the same way and bullets would look like they traveled through walls. Screenshot we took:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/345046933397700609/361764534773612544/unknown.png
    Explanation:
    The kneeling thief is me. The other enemy thief (from this guy's perspective) is my real location because we just did a small scale showing of this but it can stretch pretty far.

    This! So much this! For some reason I've also had guardians 'dying' and rendering in different spots. Its something to do with teleporting skills.

  • I've had someone complain about me stomping them from miles away yesterday. Today I had a few matches where people were trying to stomp me from like 1200 range and the stomp wouldnt work. Similarly I've had stomps not work for me a few times lately as well.

  • Undo.5091Undo.5091 Member ✭✭
    edited September 26, 2017

    What @Ario.8964 said. It's a desync issue. The same issue as when downed players are unable to be stomped or rez'd. It happens far more often when a player uses a teleport and does not actually move afterwards.

    Thieves had always done this, but it was far less noticeable considering how mobile they had to be to stay alive or deal damage, whereas now they would rather stand still for a few seconds.

  • They don't want to stand around they kinda have to stay kneeled for deaths judgement to be available.

  • Forsty.7968Forsty.7968 Member ✭✭✭

    Check my post about the bug, its easily abused and needs attention

  • Caedmon.6798Caedmon.6798 Member ✭✭✭

    @kKagari.6804 said:

    @Ario.8964 said:
    That's not them shooting through walls i think. I tested something with some friends last night on deadeye and we ran into a bug where kneeling while already in stealth and then porting away and shooting would cause a rendering bug where the game registered you as being somewhere else and the enemy would only see the location you were at previously. The bug was fixed once they moved and it happened a ton. I think this is what you were experiencing because in the first vid you can see the thief port from up on the platform to the far corner behind you once you've started running away. Animations would play the same way and bullets would look like they traveled through walls. Screenshot we took:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/345046933397700609/361764534773612544/unknown.png
    Explanation:
    The kneeling thief is me. The other enemy thief (from this guy's perspective) is my real location because we just did a small scale showing of this but it can stretch pretty far.

    This! So much this! For some reason I've also had guardians 'dying' and rendering in different spots. Its something to do with teleporting skills.

    Noticed the same last night in WvW.People from my own server or enemys would desync alot when they went down.

  • there are 2 separate bugs at work here:
    1) Deadeye teleporting after kneeling causing rendering bug
    2) Desync issues that have plagued the game since the PoF - stomping, shooting though walls/not being able to shoot ppl that seem in range etc

  • Shirlias.8104Shirlias.8104 Member ✭✭✭✭

    3) Scourge

  • cgMatt.5162cgMatt.5162 Member ✭✭✭

    I was dueling a Deadeye with Weaver earlier and this happened a lot. He was definitely in front of me, but Polaric Leap would port me to where he was previously (in the opposite direction). He used Shadowstep/Shadow Return while crouched and this happened, but not consistently.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.