Deadeye shoots through walls

Crinn.7864

That's not them shooting through walls i think. I tested something with some friends last night on deadeye and we ran into a bug where kneeling while already in stealth and then porting away and shooting would cause a rendering bug where the game registered you as being somewhere else and the enemy would only see the location you were at previously. The bug was fixed once they moved and it happened a ton. I think this is what you were experiencing because in the first vid you can see the thief port from up on the platform to the far corner behind you once you've started running away. Animations would play the same way and bullets would look like they traveled through walls. Screenshot we took:https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/345046933397700609/361764534773612544/unknown.pngExplanation:The kneeling thief is me. The other enemy thief (from this guy's perspective) is my real location because we just did a small scale showing of this but it can stretch pretty far.

@choovanski.5462 said:its just 35k damage in one shot, that goes thru walls. dw about it. seems chill

it only 100-0s everything without an auto invun. seems fair. seems balanced. swag

I won't trigger the auto invuln since they require you to be hit while below the threshold but at 30k in a single hit it just by-passes the lower half of the health bar.

@ArthurDent.9538 said:

@choovanski.5462 said:its just 35k damage in one shot, that goes thru walls. dw about it. seems chill

it only 100-0s everything without an auto invun. seems fair. seems balanced. swag

I won't trigger the auto invuln since they require you to be hit while below the threshold but at 30k in a single hit it just by-passes the lower half of the health bar.

oh god... noone is safe

deadeye > moa

why moa and focus, when you can insta kill from 1500 safely outside the teamfight?

@Ario.8964 said:That's not them shooting through walls i think. I tested something with some friends last night on deadeye and we ran into a bug where kneeling while already in stealth and then porting away and shooting would cause a rendering bug where the game registered you as being somewhere else and the enemy would only see the location you were at previously. The bug was fixed once they moved and it happened a ton. I think this is what you were experiencing because in the first vid you can see the thief port from up on the platform to the far corner behind you once you've started running away. Animations would play the same way and bullets would look like they traveled through walls. Screenshot we took:https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/345046933397700609/361764534773612544/unknown.pngExplanation:The kneeling thief is me. The other enemy thief (from this guy's perspective) is my real location because we just did a small scale showing of this but it can stretch pretty far.

This! So much this! For some reason I've also had guardians 'dying' and rendering in different spots. Its something to do with teleporting skills.

What @Ario.8964 said. It's a desync issue. The same issue as when downed players are unable to be stomped or rez'd. It happens far more often when a player uses a teleport and does not actually move afterwards.

Thieves had always done this, but it was far less noticeable considering how mobile they had to be to stay alive or deal damage, whereas now they would rather stand still for a few seconds.

@kKagari.6804 said:

@Ario.8964 said:That's not them shooting through walls i think. I tested something with some friends last night on deadeye and we ran into a bug where kneeling while already in stealth and then porting away and shooting would cause a rendering bug where the game registered you as being somewhere else and the enemy would only see the location you were at previously. The bug was fixed once they moved and it happened a ton. I think this is what you were experiencing because in the first vid you can see the thief port from up on the platform to the far corner behind you once you've started running away. Animations would play the same way and bullets would look like they traveled through walls. Screenshot we took:
Explanation:The kneeling thief is me. The other enemy thief (from this guy's perspective) is my real location because we just did a small scale showing of this but it can stretch pretty far.

This! So much this! For some reason I've also had guardians 'dying' and rendering in different spots. Its something to do with teleporting skills.

Noticed the same last night in WvW.People from my own server or enemys would desync alot when they went down.

Archived