So, next elite?

Regon Phoenix.8215

Which of these fantasy themed elites you would like to see as next elite for guardian? Also, if you want to, please elaborate how do you perceive these themes and how would you like them to be implemented.For example:Avenger - anti-melee fighterWeapon: sword off-handPlay-style: anti-boon duelistKey-mechanics: boon removal, cripple, teleports, critical damage

I've thought for a long while now that lightning and guardians could go well together. This element/field seems to be the domain of eles right now and although engis have a lot of electric attacks and lightning fields, their focus has been more on electricity rather than fierce lightning.

Thematically, I think if guardians get warhorn (which is the MOST likely weapon we get next) the only way to do that properly would be if the spec had some kind of focus on wind and lightning, like a storm caller of sorts.

I think a spec like this also has the greatest chance of any of the specs of solving our mobility problem - super speed is likely for one of the utilities + blasting lightning fields for high swiftness up time.

For the next class I would like to see an Exile class. Exiled from his/her friends the guardian becomes a perversion of their former self.Weapon: Spear (with 5 new traits when on land)Play-style: Tank (sustain)/ lockdown/ area denialKey-mechanics: Applied burning also has chance to chill; Virtues recreated into more selfish Vices; Toughness increases around more allies, damage increases around less allies; gains boons whenever a utility skill is used (regardless which ones).

@"Indure.5410" said:For the next class I would like to see an Exile class. Exiled from his/her friends the guardian becomes a perversion of their former self.Weapon: Spear (with 5 new traits when on land)Play-style: Tank (sustain)/ lockdown/ area denialKey-mechanics: Applied burning also has chance to chill; Virtues recreated into more selfish Vices; Toughness increases around more allies, damage increases around less allies; gains boons whenever a utility skill is used (regardless which ones).

I could see this kind of merging with the "Avenger" idea that changes things that benefit allies to instead hurt foes. I don't have a head for balance, but vices could be likeVice of Vengeance: Burn foes every few attacks with a chance of chillingActivate: You chill foes around youVice of Conviction: Regenerates healthActivate: Stops healing of foeVice of Recklessness: Grants aegis every few secondsActivate: Area of effect knockbackIt could gain wells, but I think the existing idea of wards/symbols might work better. Maybe concentric symbols? Outer symbol with minor effect at long range with inner symbols that have larger effects at shorter range?

Again, I'm unable to identify if that would be too good/bad. I'm just an idea person.

@Arcaedus.7290 said:I've thought for a long while now that lightning and guardians could go well together. This element/field seems to be the domain of eles right now and although engis have a lot of electric attacks and lightning fields, their focus has been more on electricity rather than fierce lightning.

*smells the air i can sense a firebending to lightning bending effect coming to guardian with this idea; i love it also, it had not even occurred to me to give the guardian any of the firearms as a spec, either pistol or rifle, but now i am reeeeally* digging the idea of the bounty hunter exacting vengeance and justice or a lone sentinel with his virtuous rifle overlooking the plains. since thief just got rifle, the sentinel may be less likely, but boy did those two ideas grow on me quick

I don't play guardian anymore but I love the idea of avenger, Guild Wars 2 is STILL lacking the dark knight archetype, the closest its come is Reaper, Revenant I thought was going to be that but turns out no considering they can only channel 1 proper villain and another "villain" who I would categorize closer to an anti-hero, also I love elite specializations that run completely counter to other ones, a dark knight themed guardian would balance out the Firebrand and Dragonhunter thematically

@Edelweiss.4261 said:

@"Indure.5410" said:For the next class I would like to see an
Exile
class. Exiled from his/her friends the guardian becomes a perversion of their former self.
Weapon
: Spear (with 5 new traits when on land)
Play-style
: Tank (sustain)/ lockdown/ area denial
Key-mechanics
: Applied burning also has chance to chill; Virtues recreated into more selfish Vices; Toughness increases around more allies, damage increases around less allies; gains boons whenever a utility skill is used (regardless which ones).

I could see this kind of merging with the "Avenger" idea that changes things that benefit allies to instead hurt foes. I don't have a head for balance, but vices could be likeVice of Vengeance: Burn foes every few attacks with a chance of chillingActivate: You chill foes around youVice of Conviction: Regenerates healthActivate: Stops healing of foeVice of Recklessness: Grants aegis every few secondsActivate: Area of effect knockbackIt could gain wells, but I think the existing idea of wards/symbols might work better. Maybe concentric symbols? Outer symbol with minor effect at long range with inner symbols that have larger effects at shorter range?

Again, I'm unable to identify if that would be too good/bad. I'm just an idea person.

Those would work for me.

My idea would be for your Virtues to stay the same, but when they are on cooldown you get the effects of Vices instead. Since the vices would be stronger than your inherent Virtues' passives it encourages players to squander their Virtue's actives to maintain the Vice.

@Arcaedus.7290 said:I've thought for a long while now that lightning and guardians could go well together. This element/field seems to be the domain of eles right now and although engis have a lot of electric attacks and lightning fields, their focus has been more on electricity rather than fierce lightning.

Thematically, I think if guardians get warhorn (which is the MOST likely weapon we get next) the only way to do that properly would be if the spec had some kind of focus on wind and lightning, like a storm caller of sorts.

I think a spec like this also has the greatest chance of any of the specs of solving our mobility problem - super speed is likely for one of the utilities + blasting lightning fields for high swiftness up time.

Not to mention the potential to convert Justice to Power Damage.

It's times like this that I really wish they literally reworked staff and slapped it on a new elite spec for Guardian, or at least build the spec around the weapon to some extent. Staff as it exists is so niche and straight up boring. I'd love to see a dervish like spec for guardian the focuses heavily on mobility and heavy area denial/aoe damage (yes I know the hammer exists, but it is a dreadfully slow weapon and slightly less niche than staff).

@Blue.1207 said:It's times like this that I really wish they literally reworked staff and slapped it on a new elite spec for Guardian, or at least build the spec around the weapon to some extent. Staff as it exists is so niche and straight up boring. I'd love to see a dervish like spec for guardian the focuses heavily on mobility and heavy area denial/aoe damage (yes I know the hammer exists, but it is a dreadfully slow weapon and slightly less niche than staff).

A nod to dervish or paragon would be really cool but retooling a weapon for an elite spec would touch on a lot of issues. Most importantly what if you wanted to use the normal staff move set with that new elite spec?

@Arcaedus.7290 said:

@Blue.1207 said:It's times like this that I really wish they literally reworked staff and slapped it on a new elite spec for Guardian, or at least build the spec around the weapon to some extent. Staff as it exists is so niche and straight up boring. I'd love to see a dervish like spec for guardian the focuses heavily on mobility and heavy area denial/aoe damage (yes I know the hammer exists, but it is a dreadfully slow weapon and slightly less niche than staff).

A nod to dervish or paragon would be really cool but retooling a weapon for an elite spec would touch on a lot of issues. Most importantly what if you wanted to use the normal staff move set with that new elite spec?

I think he mean just simply redesign staff instead of giving alternative skill-set for new elite.

Instead of making it just for the elite it would be cool if they would just straight up make it a scythe and retool it as a close combat support weapon for core guard.

I like the idea of the Guardian going back to its roots from GW1 with the Paragon. Since they already have shouts, perhaps they could make use of Auras as a new mechanic, that lets them become a boon machine that bolsters allies and/or damages enemies nearby? New weapon can take the aquatic spear and turn it into a land based weapon for them perhaps, or make the shield a main-handed item.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

Instead of making it just for the elite it would be cool if they would just straight up make it a scythe and retool it as a close combat support weapon for core guard.

A bit of hyperbole on my end, sorry. I was referring to a mass rework that ties into the next e-spec of the profession, I wouldn't want core staff removed only for an elite spec.

Archived