Requesting feedback - Holo roaming build

Rysdude.3824

Hello everyone,Wanted to create a build utilizing a more utility side of the profession with some sustain and decent damage. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdQQJAsenUUBVXhlIDmXBcJjFDDr/G2DDiinjPw/JMAMO6LA-jFCHQBPRJYY0DcQlDyT9Hyt/A/OBAGRJHAeAAkCYslRA-w

-I tried to tailor it for roaming from this one https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Holosmith_-_Conversion_Holo.
-Using Sword and Board (personal preference and style) for the quickness from Sw3, additional boon conversion with the protect from Shield 4 and 5, as well as the block and reflect.-Utilizing Durability runes + two Wanderer trinkets for 75% boon duration (with conc sigil), as well as boons for the dura runes.-Choosing utilities was hard for me since there are so many but wanted to try and maintain the boonbot utility which is why I chose Elixir's B and U, as well as hard light arena. It only has one stun break but with two sources of stab, it might not be an issue.
-Some cavalier trinkets to help with tankiness and damage with a 53% crit rate (with fury).-Chose Roasted Cactus food for additional might and more ferocity.-Water turret for the obvious two water fields.-Things I miss in this build and will probably continually swap Elixir B for is Elixir S (for the stealth) and rocket boots. Man I miss rocket boots.

Any glaring errors?

I am by no means and expert in engi/holo so any feedback provided will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

I use Marauder's but for tankiness, I mix in commander's. I lose some damage and health, but I get some toughness and boon duration.

Only critique I have is going for HGH instead of purity of purpose, so you can have a higher fury up time and more might. Also a sigil of energy would be better for more dodges so you trigger thermal release valve more often.

@archmagus.7249 said:I use Marauder's but for tankiness, I mix in commander's. I lose some damage and health, but I get some toughness and boon duration.

Only critique I have is going for HGH instead of purity of purpose, so you can have a higher fury up time and more might. Also a sigil of energy would be better for more dodges so you trigger thermal release valve more often.

Thanks! Ill see what I have that I can convert a few more armor pieces to commander. I thought about using HGH, mostly for the reduced rechage. I guess Purity doesnt make sense since I only have one light field and only limited sources of Protection. Which sigil would you replace for energy?

@Rysdude.3824 said:

@archmagus.7249 said:I use Marauder's but for tankiness, I mix in commander's. I lose some damage and health, but I get some toughness and boon duration.

Thanks! Ill see what I have that I can convert a few more armor pieces to commander. I thought about using HGH, mostly for the reduced rechage. I guess Purity doesnt make sense since I only have one light field and only limited sources of Protection. Which sigil would you replace for energy?

I'd say sigil of intelligence, since the bonus 33% boon duration is more useful than 3 critical hits on a weapon swap. Just make sure to get all of your boons in that 7s window.

@Rysdude.3824 said:I guess Purity doesn't make sense since I only have one light field and only limited sources of Protection. Which sigil would you replace for energy?

You have hardlight arena. With anticorrosion plating this removes a condition from 5 players each second for 8 seconds, so a total of 9 pulses.It makes sense to use purity of purpose with hardlight arena and anticorrosion plating against condition heavy encounters. Also thanks to purity of purpose you can convert vulnerability to protection, which again removes another condition.

Since the kind of boon you get is depending on the condition, it is a damage loss compared to the sure fury/quickness uptime that comes through a lower elixir CD and longer elixir boon duration.However, since vulnerability, chill, poison, and bleeding are common conditions, you get free vigor, protection, regeneration and alacrity most of the time.

The main issue from my point of view is that you have a really limited movitily and no range to deal with kiters or people that play with ranged weapons.

Something like Necro syndrome, been a sitting duck in some situations and been trolled by thiefs, rangers, mesmers..... that can disengage, recover themselves and come back until they defeat U.

Range and/or high movility are a must for roam (from my experience)

@archmagus.7249 said:

I'd say sigil of intelligence, since the bonus 33% boon duration is more useful than 3 critical hits on a weapon swap. Just make sure to get all of your boons in that 7s window.

Thanks for the tip. AFter converting a few more pieces to commander, I decided to take out the concentration sigil since now i have a flat 51% in boon duration. Not much but something I can satisfied with.

@Dediggefedde.4961 said:

@Rysdude.3824 said:I guess Purity doesn't make sense since I only have one light field and only limited sources of Protection. Which sigil would you replace for energy?

You have hardlight arena. With anticorrosion plating this removes a condition from 5 players each second for 8 seconds, so a total of 9 pulses.It makes sense to use purity of purpose with hardlight arena and anticorrosion plating against condition heavy encounters. Also thanks to purity of purpose you can convert vulnerability to protection, which again removes another condition.

Since the kind of boon you get is depending on the condition, it is a damage loss compared to the sure fury/quickness uptime that comes through a lower elixir CD and longer elixir boon duration.However, since vulnerability, chill, poison, and bleeding are common conditions, you get free vigor, protection, regeneration and alacrity most of the time.

Thank you for that breakdown. I can live with that and I think it's what I'm going for..sustained, tanky with a little oomf!

@ApaWanka.2698 said:The main issue from my point of view is that you have a really limited movitily and no range to deal with kiters or people that play with ranged weapons.

Something like Necro syndrome, been a sitting duck in some situations and been trolled by thiefs, rangers, mesmers..... that can disengage, recover themselves and come back until they defeat U.

hmmmm good points for sure. I decided to swap out the elite for Elite mortar. Now I have some ranged attack (with a myriad of combo fields) . Let's see how it works out!

@Rysdude.3824 said:

Thanks for the tip. AFter converting a few more pieces to commander, I decided to take out the concentration sigil since now i have a flat 51% in boon duration. Not much but something I can satisfied with.

Thank you for that breakdown. I can live with that and I think it's what I'm going for..sustained, tanky with a little oomf!

@ApaWanka.2698 said:The main issue from my point of view is that you have a really limited movitily and no range to deal with kiters or people that play with ranged weapons.

hmmmm good points for sure. I decided to swap out the elite for Elite mortar. Now I have some ranged attack (with a myriad of combo fields) . Let's see how it works out!

Mortar Kit's projectiles are very slow, making them easy to dodge at long range. Your time would be better spent trying to evade, block, and close the gap.

Archived