TROLLS IN TARIR META EVENT — Guild Wars 2 Forums

TROLLS IN TARIR META EVENT

MFarhanR.5124MFarhanR.5124 Member
edited July 22, 2018 in In-Game Events

Lately on the Dragonband server we got this one kitten effing around with the exalted bombs and luring those horrendous frogs , at first it was funny until he decided do it again. Don't know how this one person can push and pull the exalted bombs so fast but when he sees the gate hes trolling is winning he goes to the next gate and effs kitten up. So we mass reported this guy and im sure Arenanet aint gonna do batshiet bout this.
Has anyone else experienced a troll like this guy?

Comments

• Illconceived Was Na.9781Illconceived Was Na.9781 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 22, 2018

Report via support ticket or send an email to [email protected]

Include as much documentation as practical to make it easy for ANet to track the putative griefer down, including

• times & dates (IP addresses too), the better to predict a time to catch them in the act (some griefing is very difficult to verify after the fact)
    • screenshots
    • any relevant chat, especially by the alleged troll

And definitely edit your post to avoid mentioning the account/character name. Regardless of the truth of the matter, it's considered "naming & shaming" (and against the rules), because none of us players have any way to validate the charges (heck, we mostly don't have access to any evidence in the first place). You don't have to convince the community; you just have to make it easy for ANet to catch them in the act and/or to see what they did in the past.
    added: OP edited the post (thanks!)

"With great power comes not-so-great utility bills."

• usererror.2167usererror.2167 Member
    edited July 23, 2018

Yes, he/she does it all the time. To my knowledge, they have been mass reported several times for abusing the LFG System to get into AB Meta and troll. However, ANet has served us a big ol' nothing burger about it. I would mention their tag, but I would get in trouble for it... ironic isn't it? However, I will say that it starts with K and ends with N.

• @usererror.2167 said:
    Yes, he/she does it all the time. To my knowledge, they have been mass reported several times for abusing the LFG System to get into AB Meta and troll. However, ANet has served us a big ol' nothing burger about it. I would mention their tag, but I would get in trouble for it... ironic isn't it? However, I will say that it starts with K and ends with N.

To your knowledge, have people sent details via Support ticket or mail (to [email protected])? The idea is to make it easy for ANet to catch the person in the act, since it's difficult to establish (to ANet's satisfaction) whether someone is trolling or just epically bad at the particular mechanic. (I won't mention it directly here, for reasons I hope are clear.)

If I were the GM who got this report, what I'd want to see are things like the time/date and IP address, so I'd be able to discern whether there's a pattern (do they do this every day? always at reset? only Fridays? etc).

If you think there's already a "file" on that account, then I'd consider drafting an email to the exploit address that you can send if/when you notice the person before the meta starts, with the text saying, "this player is currently sabotaging the Auric Basin meta" (and include the documentation of past occurrences). If the gods are with you, then someone might be able to head out there while it's happening.

tl;dr make it easy on ANet to catch them in the act

• usererror.2167usererror.2167 Member
    edited July 23, 2018

@ above, in response to your questions and comments

To your knowledge, have people sent details via Support ticket or mail (to [email protected])? - Yes, but I can only go by what participants in map chat claim. Hence, "to my knowledge". Fair enough?

If I were the GM who got this report, what I'd want to see are things like the time/date and IP address, so I'd be able to discern whether there's a pattern (do they do this every day? always at reset? only Fridays? etc). - Done each time by myself. I can't speak for the thoroughness of others' reporting, but the common link (said troll) is evident. Screenshots included in mine in addition to timestamps and the AB meta IP.

If you think there's already a "file" on that account, then I'd consider drafting an email to the exploit address that you can send if/when you notice the person before the meta starts, with the text saying, "this player is currently sabotaging the Auric Basin meta" (and include the documentation of past occurrences). If the gods are with you, then someone might be able to head out there while it's happening. - Did I say that I thought there was a "file"? I must have missed that part. Again, the info is already there in the previous reports. The AB meta happens every 2 hours. No player affected by this troll should stretch the effort for someone on the other end to simply read and do their own investigation... or simply hop on to a meta map and see for themselves .

So when you qualify easy in your words: "make it easy on ANet to catch them in the act"... I mean, how much easier does it get? And if they can't/won't assess that this person is purposely, continuously pushing the bomb on South away from the Octo... how much of a fail is that from moderator perspective? The response thus far is exactly as I posted before... a nothing burger.

• Etheri.5406Etheri.5406 Member ✭✭✭✭

Unpopular opinion : Openworld PvP isn't illegal and is no different from "bad" players in WvW and PvP doing things they shouldn't.
    If we start banning players for "doing stuff that isn't helping their team" then I'd ban half the population right now. It's pretty hard to tell the difference between players who aren't very good, and players who are malicious.

• @usererror.2167 said:
    If I were the GM who got this report, what I'd want to see are things like the time/date and IP address, so I'd be able to discern whether there's a pattern (do they do this every day? always at reset? only Fridays? etc). - Done each time by myself. I can't speak for the thoroughness of others' reporting, but the common link (said troll) is evident. Screenshots included in mine in addition to timestamps and the AB meta IP.

Good. You've done what you can report-wise. Now you just have to wait for the reports to go through the system.

If you don't want to do anything else, that's fine. If you are too frustrated to see things from the point of view of someone trying to investigate the issue, that's alright, too. I can't blame you in the least.

I would, however, hope you understand that the issue is the griefers (and the delay in being able to do anything about it). Try not to argue with those offering what they feel would be useful advice. If you don't want to follow any of the suggestions, just say, "thanks" and move on. Or even say nothing, and move on. Neither you nor they need the additional headache.

• alez.2137alez.2137 Member ✭✭

I dont know this guy but I see people trolling tarir every day:

• There are ppl that intentionally stress the lines, dont listen to commanders and try to make the meta fail or delay the victory. Some things they do include attack when everyone is calling to stop in the chat, pushing the exalted bomb to intentionally decrease layers when everyone is asking them to wait, pull bombs and make then explode over the ppl fighting with the octovine. I know most of that things are not really punishable by gm and can also be done by mistake. I play in EU servers and we have there two guilds, that are fake clones of some of the most youtube active guilds and they repeteadly are doing this on every tarir meta. I think devs should, at least, think about it to not allow gw2 to convert into troll wars that is what this ppl is trying to do.

• There is a necro that know some kind of exploit and its able, and repeteadly does, to place a portal in the loot chest of the tarnished mob after the meta to outside of the loot zone, near the exalted vendor. I think it should be punishable.

• There is another guy that drops the aviator box repeteadly over the loot area. I really thing you should place a fairly large cooldown to this item so they cannot spam, at least, more than one time per meta. You should also change the duration of the effect and not make it permanent. It was fun when you released the item, now its a weapon for trolls.

• There is a guy that spam merchants over the big chests, in order not to let the ppl loot correctly. It is very rare that you do the meta and do not find a merchant in the first big chest, the one that has the meta box with the amalgamated gemstone. You should really add some environement checking when allowing to place the npc, so it does not overlap with other elements. FIxing this would prevent this kind of trolling in the future.

• I've been working on 2nd shift for the last 3 months. Each night, when i'm trying to get daily metas (td, ab) i run into the same trolls. I've been reporting them over and over again, ofc it wasn't only me reporting. And guess what? They are still here, pushing flowers into octovine at dps phase (guy doing this has 33k ap), placing merchants, trading post, or any other stuff they can at EVERY chest after meta. Placing portals, just to annoy people.
    I'm really about to quit this game, been here for 6 years and i'm about to snap.
    Something that would took me 10 minutes, will take 20 or more, cause anet doesn't care about trolls.

• Crystal Paladin.3871Crystal Paladin.3871 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 4, 2018

@alez.2137 said:
    I dont know this guy but I see people trolling tarir every day:

• There are ppl that intentionally stress the lines, dont listen to commanders and try to make the meta fail or delay the victory. Some things they do include attack when everyone is calling to stop in the chat, pushing the exalted bomb to intentionally decrease layers when everyone is asking them to wait, pull bombs and make then explode over the ppl fighting with the octovine. I know most of that things are not really punishable by gm and can also be done by mistake. I play in EU servers and we have there two guilds, that are fake clones of some of the most youtube active guilds and they repeteadly are doing this on every tarir meta. I think devs should, at least, think about it to not allow gw2 to convert into troll wars that is what this ppl is trying to do.

• There is a necro that know some kind of exploit and its able, and repeteadly does, to place a portal in the loot chest of the tarnished mob after the meta to outside of the loot zone, near the exalted vendor. I think it should be punishable.

• There is another guy that drops the aviator box repeteadly over the loot area. I really thing you should place a fairly large cooldown to this item so they cannot spam, at least, more than one time per meta. You should also change the duration of the effect and not make it permanent. It was fun when you released the item, now its a weapon for trolls.

• There is a guy that spam merchants over the big chests, in order not to let the ppl loot correctly. It is very rare that you do the meta and do not find a merchant in the first big chest, the one that has the meta box with the amalgamated gemstone. You should really add some environement checking when allowing to place the npc, so it does not overlap with other elements. FIxing this would prevent this kind of trolling in the future.

and a few ppl do the exalted armor challenges in AB and win it and leave transformation and come back and do the challenge again until the challenges are completed and that particular octovine won't have a single power armor...idk why they do it...

lol... i became a victim of the aviator box once.... and i just finished the meta and went inside for the loot... so i had lot of time ... so it didn't bother me at all... it was actually fun... people have some interesting ideas... i tried looting and my character behaved like a kid and it was funny... but if i come across it on every loot chest, i'd be mad too...
    but tbh, i really enjoyed it since i experienced the aviator troll encounter only once...

• Still same kitten, you can report those guys, but seems like nobody cares.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.