Chronomancer's slow traits

Hot Boy.7138

I really like the slow traits, but there is never a good reason to take those traits over other traits. Has anyone found any good use for them currently? which game mode do you use them in?

I love running interrupt builds that inflict soft CC on interrupt. However, they are so weak compared to the other traits they are competing with it is never a good option to take them.

I believe Danger Time is Higher DPS in PvE but since 100% slow uptime isn't realistic Improved Alacrity is much better.Lost Time is too small of an effect too infrequently and is competing with much better traits in all modes.Delayed Reactions is an interrupt trait.

I use Lost Time and Danger Time because I've always loved the idea of Slow-focused chrono since the specialization was first revealed. They probably aren't better than other traits in their tiers, but personally I enjoy Lost Time much more than Chronophantasma (which ruins the 'flow' of phantasm->clone rotation for me) or Seize The Moment (which my build can't benefit from in 100% because Quickness doesn't stack with Scepter trait's attack speed increase). I just love those bonus chunks of damage and the visual effect of Slow, and of course Slow is quite a powerful cc condi too.

Delayed Reactions I never use, because it competes with one of my fav traits in gw2 aka Time Catches Up. Maybe some interrupt builds can benefit from DR, but when I tested it I didn't find myself getting much out of this trait.

So yeah, Slow traits are nice imo, but they are also quite niche and probably not really good for any type of more 'serious' content.

I have tried theorycrafting on a Slow based Chrono, using both Danger Time and Lost Time. It can reach 30k dps even with a more relaxed rotation. The problem with the build that there's no point in running it instead of just using the Chronophantasma DPS variant as that build has better burst, CC and DPS.

I'd really like to make use of it also, but as you said, the traits aren't competitive with the other choices of traits. I just keep trying to think of ways to make it work, but i can't. Cause i love the idea of giving myself quickness while giving out slow. feels more chronomancer like to me than all the other traits, aww well.

@Refia Montes.3205 said:I have tried theorycrafting on a Slow based Chrono, using both Danger Time and Lost Time. It can reach 30k dps even with a more relaxed rotation. The problem with the build that there's no point in running it instead of just using the Chronophantasma DPS variant as that build has better burst, CC and DPS.

That and, as someone mentioned, 100% slow uptime just isn't realistic even in the most optimistic raid scenario. Also, the drastically lower cooldowns from improved alacrity just feels better too.

@Pyroatheist.9031 said:

@Refia Montes.3205 said:I have tried theorycrafting on a Slow based Chrono, using both Danger Time and Lost Time. It can reach 30k dps even with a more relaxed rotation. The problem with the build that there's no point in running it instead of just using the Chronophantasma DPS variant as that build has better burst, CC and DPS.

That and, as someone mentioned, 100% slow uptime just isn't realistic even in the most optimistic raid scenario. Also, the drastically lower cooldowns from improved alacrity just feels better too.

It's realistic with Lost Time traited. Lost Time applies a 3 second slow with an ICD of a 1/4 second, by themselves they can apply 100% slow uptime even without investing into condi duration.

@Hot Boy.7138 said:I really like the slow traits, but there is never a good reason to take those traits over other traits. Has anyone found any good use for them currently? which game mode do you use them in?

I love running interrupt builds that inflict soft CC on interrupt. However, they are so weak compared to the other traits they are competing with it is never a good option to take them.

Lockdown build is no near bad, or weak. And slow is most annynoing thing. It basicaly cut players ability to do anythink by 50%, , interrupt apply weakneas and immobility, its remainds me Gw1 Daze (make all cast 2x and easy to interrupt) Belive me 2x WoE, fallowed with 4x chaos Storm, Heal well (traits that give chaos storm on heal use, Well of Eternity with this is broken) and boons remvoe on shatter.. one good combo, some not braindead ally, and you alone wins matches.

Only thing Lockdown chrono miss is Lost Time have something more up to give. Like When enemy have slow you have 50% to interrupt his actions with any skill, or when they are Slowed you ignore Aegis and Stability.. the dream...

Btw with soo many Chaos Storm you can make enemy team full of Slow/Weakness and knocked down/dazed/interrupted do the Death

Archived