Why is Power SB less viabile than Holo in Raids?

Just wondering if I am missing something. Was thinking of making a Power Soulbeast for Raids, but while the DPS benchmark is similar Holo is marked as viable for more encounters than Soulbeast on Snowcrows why is this? Maybe cause Holo is a CC king? I have a Holosmith already which I use for Raids but thought it would be fun for diversity.

Compare the Raid viability inhttps://snowcrows.com/raids/ranger/soulbeast/power/

And

https://snowcrows.com/raids/engineer/holosmith/power/

I tried power slb in raids a few days ago. It can have decent dps but has lots of downsides compared to holo.

Lower cleave range and low damage out of sick'em.Dps is rip when axe 5 gets interrupted. And you need to be pretty close unlike meteor shower. Lots of skills move you which makes it a pain to play on bosses with fields on the ground like vg or cairn.I would say biggest downside is really the low damage outside of sick'em. Split and addphases can become a big dps loss because of that. It is still decent though and i had ok'ish numbers on it.

It is fun to play and pretty viable dps wise. The sc raid viability isn't updated yet since it needs more testing I guess. Power slb can also bring quite a lot of cc without losing dps. Most cc skills on holo are also dps skills so using or delaying them is most of the time a dps loss. Slb jut needs 2 utilities for dps. The 3rd stance doesn't add that much dps and can be changed to a cc or spirit without a real loss.Helps when playing with single druid so you can take more spirits.

I would say if you want an alternative go for it. It's also awesome in fracs because it brings frost spirit in no healer comps and has insane burst.

And holo doesn't really bring pinpoint anymore. It's just never worth to take it. You need to be in a condi focused subgroup while on a condi boss. It's just better to play a condi build aswell then instead of pinpoint holo. That's also why pinpoint is not consideren realistic since they nerfed it to 100.Holo ranged dps is also minimal. Well still better than SLB with 0. Taking Longbow over gs would be a pretty big dps loss.

It really just comes down to Holo having more range and better cleave while SLB brings more burst, comparable dps, a free utility slot and more kicks.

@narcx.3570 said:

• Holosmith has much more CC
  • Can bring Pinpoint Distribution to boost condis' DPS
  • Has range (and loses minimal dps when ranged)

To add to this, Holo has much greater burst potential, which is super useful in the many fights that have phases...

No he doesnt. Soulbeast has way higher burst actually. He can get up to 100k on skorvald for example.

@"Omnicron.2467" said:Just wondering if I am missing something. Was thinking of making a Power Soulbeast for Raids, but while the DPS benchmark is similar Holo is marked as viable for more encounters than Soulbeast on Snowcrows why is this? Maybe cause Holo is a CC king? I have a Holosmith already which I use for Raids but thought it would be fun for diversity.

Compare the Raid viability inhttps://snowcrows.com/raids/ranger/soulbeast/power/

And

https://snowcrows.com/raids/engineer/holosmith/power/

Not so sure people have discovered the damage capabilities of Soulbeast quite yet... It's also not so easy to do. There are ways to spike such unreasonably high damage with the use of Marksmanship line, Maul, Wordly Impact, Maul, Axe 5, even GS autos are high damage - I have no idea why it isn't a thing yet. It also has plenty of CC. Rock Gazelle F2 in merge, switch out and Rock Gazelle F2, Worldly Impact will also have Beastly Warden CC, Hilt Bash and then axe 4.

No idea why it isn't being used. You know what, I may test some benchmarks on this myself a bit later.

Archived