Music you're listening to during Raids/Fracs — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Music you're listening to during Raids/Fracs

Lanhelin.3480Lanhelin.3480 Member ✭✭✭

It's my turn :p

Now it's yours!

Comments

• I'm not sure at what point I stopped listening to music. I just don't do it as much anymore. What I listen to is lectures, letsplays of simple to follow games, podcast-like discussion videos, etc. Like, right now after I finish with my watch later queue of topics I listen to someone play Final Fantasy 8 slowly.

As hard as it tries, a Snickers bar will never move under its own power.

• Solori.6025Solori.6025 Member ✭✭✭✭

Shameless plug and all :D

Tingle my stingleberry

• Eramonster.2718Eramonster.2718 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 23, 2018

Among the music I listen to while idle, doing map completion or world boss etc :smile:. I don't play any musics during fractal/raids. Will be too focussed on the ambients sound effect & discord.

Do enjoy some of the game musics as well. Eg. Ambient kite city race (race music).

• vaxjani.9073vaxjani.9073 Member ✭✭
    edited July 23, 2018

Rock and electro, game OSTs (like NieR: Automata), nightcore remixes.

• ProtoGunner.4953ProtoGunner.4953 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 23, 2018

90% of the time I listen to the awesome in game music, like everyone should do. Or do you turn off a console game's music and listen to external one? It seems odd and it seems off. Kills atmosphere. But maybe since I am still a console gamer in my heart I am used to listen to the in game tunes.

Anyway, since I do not always listen to the in game music. Especially in old maps where I heard the same tunes over and over, I recently listened a lot to RUSH - a great Canadian Prog Rock band with more than 40 years of history:

• Vinceman.4572Vinceman.4572 Member ✭✭✭✭

None. I'm watching twitch streams on my 2nd monitor with sound on.

• Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭

No musics, they're just a distraction to me.

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

• Malediktus.9250Malediktus.9250 Member ✭✭✭✭

I play with ingame sounds (and maybe TS or discord on top of it). Dont need useless distractions

First person to reach 35,000 and 36,000 AP.
    killproof.me/proof/kEyr

• Etheri.5406Etheri.5406 Member ✭✭✭✭

People playing with ingame sounds :tired_face:

I'm done outrunning centaurs.

• Klipso.8653Klipso.8653 Member ✭✭✭

I've been listening to the Starship Troopers audio book on youtube while I farm events

-Balwarc [ICoa]

• thrag.9740thrag.9740 Member ✭✭✭

I kitten post with words in my discord while my static cries

• Deeyra.1476Deeyra.1476 Member ✭✭

I force the whole guild to listen to kpop during our full clear and hope they dont mute the bot.

• Trevor Boyer.6524Trevor Boyer.6524 Member ✭✭✭✭

Gotta be instrumental with no lyrics. With lyrics I can't focus, can't hear commander.

The 10 Commandments Of Conquest
    Abide by the commandments or God shalt deliver unto thee a packet of salt as often as thou did break them
    -> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/38081/the-10-commandments-of-conquest#1

• VanWilder.6923VanWilder.6923 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 13, 2018

Only my keyboard types + mouse clicks are allowed when I play Gw2 Fracs. Outside of that I, everythingelse is cosidered as noise and noise has to be eleminated including ingame sounds.

• GWMO.4785GWMO.4785 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 13, 2018

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:
    Gotta be instrumental with no lyrics. With lyrics I can't focus, can't hear commander.

This pretty much. tho i will ad that some instrumental also can be.. annoying. So i'll say some fairly calm ones. Lately i have discovered a band called Danheim, they make non vocal Nordic viking music which i like a lot. so that is what i am listening to: here is one of their tracks:

• Now thats what i call music 34-67 mostly. But right now im loving that cardi b album. Dont judge me.

• Lanhelin.3480Lanhelin.3480 Member ✭✭✭

Link it or it never happened :p ^^

• Sublimatio.6981Sublimatio.6981 Member ✭✭✭

I've been listening to Allie X almost exclusively for the past 2 months lol.

"clang clang shriiiiek clang!" -Belinda Delaqua
    When I join your LFG

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 20, 2018

https://youtube.com/watch?v=yXjGeieQdwQ&t=408s

Current favorite, all kinds o stuff tho (BTW, how do you post an actual video here and not a link?)

HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

• AliamRationem.5172AliamRationem.5172 Member ✭✭✭✭

For my money, it doesn't get any better than when Michael Bolton sings "When a Man Loves a Woman."

• Sanity Obscure.6054Sanity Obscure.6054 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 22, 2018

I last listened to interviews of serial killers Jeffrey Dahmer and Ed Kemper, and music - Toto's Hold The Line, Django Reinhardt's Daphne, Huey Lewis' I Want A New Drug, and Aerosmith's Sweet Emotion.

• dub techno at unhealthy volumes

dunno when i want to listen to smth more engaging it becomes an incoherent noise at any point the game takes my attention anyway

• Arden.7480Arden.7480 Member ✭✭✭✭

Poets of the Fall- I have all of their albums on Amazon. :)

• LadyKitty.6120LadyKitty.6120 Member ✭✭✭

Kitty listens to in-game music and sometimes discord noises when raiding. She personally prefers keeping voice communication to minimum necessary during combat since she relies a lot on in-game voice cues for mechanics (like she avoids VG's blues entirely by their sound FX). Kitty's not a native english speaker so comprehending voice chat and especially speaking ('cause social anxiety and needing to think about how to pronounce stuff) on it tends to derange her focus from her gameplay which usually means more mistakes and failing rotation. Besides, most of GW2's raid tracks are actually quite well made if you listen carefully (they can be found from Anet's soundcloud).

It's Kitty. The young lady who streams and records videos playing various (non-)metabuilds. Raid/fractal videos at youtube.com/LadyKitty, announcements and news at twitter.com/LadyKittyGW2 and streams at twitch.tv/ladykittygw2 . Build guides at https://kittymarks.wixsite.com/kittymarks .

• All sorts of random stuff. Michael/Janet Jackson. The Sonic OST. The FFXIII-2 OST. Messiaen art song. Reich music. Dave Brubeck. Rautavaara's piano music, Bartok, and the Poulenc sonatas especially lately. Reich is especially fun when playing Chrono.

but loop it :)

well, it's Freelancer :p

• Always mute game and put on my playlists on Foobar, though i have some on YT as well in case anyone wanna check it, bunch of different playlists separated in R&B, house/emusic, rap, instrumentals, some anime OST's and another one with random genres, SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTE, enjoy!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/goordu2008r/playlists?sort=dd&view=1&shelf_id=0

• phokus.8934phokus.8934 Member ✭✭✭

@AliamRationem.5172 said:
    For my money, it doesn't get any better than when Michael Bolton sings "When a Man Loves a Woman."

Underrated post.

• Effects.9437Effects.9437 Member
    edited September 12, 2018

https://youtube.com/watch?v=7PrxONon7jg

Lots of kpop but that is one of my favorite songs.

bump ... bump ... bmp ... bpm :D

• Hesacon.8735Hesacon.8735 Member ✭✭✭

Punch Brothers

Thank me later.

• Hex.2579Hex.2579 Member ✭✭✭

i usually listen to sex tune, ranging from chill music to trip hop and what not.
    like this for fractals:

lol for raids, we only do disney music. it's the guild tradition xD

• Note: it works for beetle racing, too :sunglasses:

• Anything by Angerfist.

Especially this one

• sostronk.8167sostronk.8167 Member ✭✭✭

Most music these days is garbage. The last thing I enjoyed listening to was the Heilung Lifa concert:

Fashwave was alright for a while too, but it's constantly being shoahed:

I'm more of an audiobook person.

I recently finished

1. "White Power" by George Lincoln Rockwell:

2. "Siege" by James Mason:

and currently listening to

1. "This time the World" by George Lincoln Rockwell:

_We must secure the existence of our Quaggans and a future for Quaggan children. _

• Cerioth.7062Cerioth.7062 Member ✭✭✭

Usually I listen to ingame music, but if I am not listening to that it tends to be either epic orchestral or some kind of metal.

• Talindra.4958Talindra.4958 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Sublimatio.6981 said:
    I've been listening to Allie X almost exclusively for the past 2 months lol.

I feel numb after watching her video...

Death is Energy [DIE] in EU
    Envoy's Herald, CoZ, VitV, DD, SS, The Eternal, LNHB, Champion Magus, Champion Phantom, Wondrous Achiever etc.

• Talindra.4958Talindra.4958 Member ✭✭✭✭

I usually switch off every sound when i play game. sometimes I have ingame sound on but not loud. :p
    I do listen to music when i am not playing games. only sometimes on rarely occasion I will turn on music when I play game..
    I do not mind anime soundtrack so The legend of heroes is approved :P

Death is Energy [DIE] in EU
    Envoy's Herald, CoZ, VitV, DD, SS, The Eternal, LNHB, Champion Magus, Champion Phantom, Wondrous Achiever etc.

• Has to be instrumental. I use a custom playlist for Gw2 and the Last of the Mohicans OST has great music for everything. Battle,exploring. It can't be too loud or bassy or it's too distracting.

• Evellynn Capone.6584Evellynn Capone.6584 Member ✭✭
    edited December 30, 2018
  • Best Music

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.