Nostalgia - Guild Wars 2 Beta 2012 : Hunter Games Gameplay

Anyone here played during beta in 2012? I really wish Anet can actually relive those moments once again. It's all about keeping players engaged with Anet players as well; I really miss those moments.

Right now it feels like Anet is behind a wall no matter how much letter / message wrote to address issues to player or launching event without any Anet member interactions seem pretty empty.

TotalBiscuit was here in 2012! Hunger Game final Beta moment in GW2! Tomorrow is SIX years! since Final Beta!

Fun fact, GW2 was probably one of the first online Battle Royal game! Not PUBG or Fortnite.

It is Southsun Survival. The mini game was created specifically to be a re-creation of the event at the end of the Beta.

I have to admit I am a bit sad that I missed it. I played all the betas but because I'm in Europe the finale events were happening in the middle of the night for me and I couldn't stay up for it because I had to work in the morning. But I think a lot of what made those events special for the people who played them is the same as what made the betas generally feel special - it was the excitement of getting to play the game early, getting to do something you couldn't normally do (because each beta was only for a few days) and because everyone was new everything in the game felt like a novelty. You can't re-create that in an existing game which people play on a regular basis.

Well, maybe if someone quit the game for a few years they'd get that feeling when they came back, but I don't think that's practical.

I was there (blue) and S1 will always be the best Season ever imo. Mostly because the game was new as was everyone and so many discoveries and trials ;) to be had. Kind of a shame latecomers will never know the actual fun and experience of 2012/early 13. But hey they still play the best MMO (imo) to date.

Archived