Whats some fun and try hard builds for roaming/spvp as mirage?

Jay.3409

im getting into mesmer but i just notice how much diverse mesmer is in terms of build variety.. Im spending more time trying to find a build i can enjoy than actually playing mesmer and learning the class to get good... im a fan of all weap sets which makes it so much harder for me...

any suggestions/recommendation builds are appreciated, ty!!

You could try full on yolo glass, stealthless CI condirupt on mirage - it's very (very) squishy (high risk/high reward), so personally I'd feel too risky when solo, but if you have a FB etc to support then can have some fun. Also stability spam will prevent a lot of the fun.

Something like:Duelling - Duelist's Discipline, Blinding Dissipation, IneptitudeChaos - chaos storm on heal/fall, Chaotic Dampening, Chaotic InterruptionMirage - (anything you like), (either top two traits), Infinite Horizon

False Oasis, Blink, Mantra of Resolve, Mantra of Distraction, Jaunt

Staff + Sword/Pistol (can take axe instead of sword for more damage as you've got enough interrupts, up to you).Double energy sigil, and anything else such as Draining.

Dodge food, any enhancement.

Full Viper (for the immobilise duration on CI) - hey you're going all in so why not! :D You can do some TB if it feels better. Your choice of runes.

Bonus point - underwater Trident ambush is insane. You'll be better underwater than on land.

Of course you can build in more survivability at the cost of offensive output (ie swap something for one stealth or use a different condi cleanse than mantra, could take arcane thievery to counter some stability spam) but the fun here is pure offensive control.

• 3 weeks later...

@Curunen.8729 said:You could try full on yolo glass, stealthless CI condirupt on mirage - it's very (very) squishy (high risk/high reward), so personally I'd feel too risky when solo, but if you have a FB etc to support then can have some fun. Also stability spam will prevent a lot of the fun.

Something like:Duelling - Duelist's Discipline, Blinding Dissipation, IneptitudeChaos - chaos storm on heal/fall, Chaotic Dampening, Chaotic InterruptionMirage - (anything you like), (either top two traits), Infinite Horizon

Staff + Sword/Pistol (can take axe instead of sword for more damage as you've got enough interrupts, up to you).Double energy sigil, and anything else such as Draining.

Full Viper (for the immobilise duration on CI) - hey you're going all in so why not! :D You can do some TB if it feels better. Your choice of runes.

Bonus point - underwater Trident ambush is insane. You'll be better underwater than on land.

Of course you can build in more survivability at the cost of offensive output (ie swap something for one stealth or use a different condi cleanse than mantra, could take arcane thievery to counter some stability spam) but the fun here is pure offensive control.

why not elusive mind ? is it not better illusion instead of chaos as condi damage output ?

@PierPiero.9142 said:

@Curunen.8729 said:You could try full on yolo glass, stealthless CI condirupt on mirage - it's very (very) squishy (high risk/high reward), so personally I'd feel too risky when solo, but if you have a FB etc to support then can have some fun. Also stability spam will prevent a lot of the fun.

why not elusive mind ? is it not better illusion instead of chaos as condi damage output ?

They were asking for a try hard build, hence CI with BD and Ineptitude.

For the record I'd never run this right now due to all the passive anti-cc spam making it kind of useless compared to plain shatter.

I'm not sure exactly what a "try hard" build is, but this is what I use for roaming.http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vhQQRArc7fnsnBNohtpBmpBMMjlXDzcFMcqJoBgcyRwv/FATgA-jFyCQBU4MAgn9HQpSwKq8DAPAAJcQAKo6P1T/ApAqSnG-w

As far as I know, nobody else uses it. The build editor does not show it correctly, but the scepter block is actually below 5 seconds on cooldown. It has a lot of defense because I often get myself into outnumbered fights. But I find it to be really fun

I use something similar : http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhQQRAsc7fnsnBNohtpBmpBMMjlXDzf/NATgmrghTNBNAkTOCA-jFSHQBWUJYu2AwMrPIgzAw8U/ZgK/AwBBYcaHIFQV60A-wI don't like double scepter as main hand becouse you have cd on single weapon , so i use sword sword for mobility in roam . I tried also sword focus instead of offhand sword but for 1vs 1 or more sword offhand with block help me alot

@"eldenbri.1059" said:I'm not sure exactly what a "try hard" build is, but this is what I use for roaming.http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vhQQRArc7fnsnBNohtpBmpBMMjlXDzcFMcqJoBgcyRwv/FATgA-jFyCQBU4MAgn9HQpSwKq8DAPAAJcQAKo6P1T/ApAqSnG-w

As far as I know, nobody else uses it. The build editor does not show it correctly, but the scepter block is actually below 5 seconds on cooldown. It has a lot of defense because I often get myself into outnumbered fights. But I find it to be really fun

Oh I was assuming try hard meant as in they'd have to try very hard to make it work! :D

@"eldenbri.1059" said:I'm not sure exactly what a "try hard" build is, but this is what I use for roaming.http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vhQQRArc7fnsnBNohtpBmpBMMjlXDzcFMcqJoBgcyRwv/FATgA-jFyCQBU4MAgn9HQpSwKq8DAPAAJcQAKo6P1T/ApAqSnG-w

Nobody else use a trailblazer mirage in WvW.

Nobody.

Dawdler, the thing that I think I'm doing differently is mainhand scepter always. I agree that trailblazer is a common gear for wvw roaming.

If people are hesitant to try scepter - scepter for fear of cooldowns, I think the key thing is that the block is always ready in 5 seconds.

Cheers

@eldenbri.1059 said:Dawdler, the thing that I think I'm doing differently is mainhand scepter always. I agree that trailblazer is a common gear for wvw roaming.

If people are hesitant to try scepter - scepter for fear of cooldowns, I think the key thing is that the block is always ready in 5 seconds.

CheersOne secondary weapon is a minimal impact to any meta. Like calling a full marauder shatter mirage with a scepter anything but a meta shatter mirage. The gear decides most of it and a full trailblazer is a meta condi bunker pretty much regardless of anything else...

But granted, I dont find the scepter anything special mostly because I use it in my bruiser build too.

Archived