Item right click or ctrl+click (or in other ways) go to wiki page(outside).

Why is /wiki not useful?

Next one wants rightclick on a PvP Champion to the wiki page.Next one wants rightclick on any skill available to the wiki page.Next one wants rightclick on any TP/Gemshop entry to the wiki page.

I think it would clutter up the menu too much.

• 2 months later...

@"FatalEagle.9286" said:C'mon guys, why the user manual of the game is outside?

The wiki isn't the user manual. To be sure, it's hosted by ArenaNet (or by some CDN or other on their behalf, same difference), but it is written by the players, not by ArenaNet. If you go on there and you find an update by "cynique", you can be totally sure that I wrote it, and I do not work for ArenaNet.

That said, it would be a useful feature, although it would immediately spark complaints here that some brand-new item that's only just become available isn't on the wiki.

The current system works fine. Coding in an alternative way of doing something that the existing way does pretty much perfectly, doesn't seem to me a good use of limited dev resources. Yes it would prob save a few seconds of typing in the item name and make it a tad more convenient, but it's not really worth the hassle for them to implement it

@"FatalEagle.9286" said:C'mon guys, why the user manual of the game is outside?To access information;1) enter

2)write \wiki

3) go to bag and press shift + click item then again enter!whereas item on right click goto wiki page.Which is more useful?

That doesn't seem to work when playing with a german client. Whenever I do this, it always says that "there were no results matching the query"

@Maikimaik.1974 said:

@"FatalEagle.9286" said:C'mon guys, why the user manual of the game is outside?To access information;1) enter

2)write \wiki

3) go to bag and press shift + click item then again enter!whereas item on right click goto wiki page.Which is more useful?

That doesn't seem to work when playing with a german client. Whenever I do this, it always says that "there were no results matching the query"

Keeping the wikis up-to-date is a large task, requiring a lot of commitment from the community. If you find that a /wiki did not take you to an associated page, do your best to try and help out. The /wiki command works by associating in-game ID numbers and those that players have attached to wiki pages using infoboxes. This number is what you would have seen other than the "no results" message.

If you're looking for direction or help, the German language wiki has its own version of On Wiki of Gold. I'd link you to more helpful pages on the German language wiki, but that's a language I never picked up :/ .

Edit: It would also be proper for me to link to the French On Wiki of Gold page and the Spanish On Wiki of Gold page. (trust not my translations)

@FatalEagle.9286 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:The Wiki works fine for me. I usually have it open in my browser, so it takes no time at all to look something up.Right-clicking would be a QoL, but there are many other QoL features I'd prefer the Devs work on first.

Good luck.

My question: Which one would you prefer?

Please say 1 or 2.

1, a misclick can be too disruptive. The only argument for 2 that I actually see is making the function more visible.

Why not something better than a right click?Could be simply a shortcut that essentially does "/wiki [item]" all in one? Essentially just a glorified macro.

A example being F5, which is quite common for being the 'help' button. No chance of misclick and saves time. Could just either hover+F5 or hold F5 and click said thing.

@Greener.6204 said:

2)write \wiki

Keeping the wikis up-to-date is a large task, requiring a lot of commitment from the community. If you find that a /wiki did not take you to an associated page, do your best to try and help out. The /wiki command works by associating in-game ID numbers and those that players have attached to wiki pages using infoboxes. This number is what you would have seen other than the "no results" message.

If you're looking for direction or help, the German language wiki has
. I'd link you to more helpful pages on the German language wiki, but that's a language I never picked up :/ .

Edit
: It would also be proper for me to link to the
and the
. (trust not my translations)

No, that isn't what I meant at all. No matter what you put in /wiki, you'll always get that error. Even if the site actually exists.

Archived