Suggestion: "Disable music" key option

So it's just a small thing but it's annoying to have to go in the options and set the music to 0 when we want to put something on youtube while we play, and then set the volume again when we're done. A key that we could set to enable/disable music would be nice

I can see why you would desire this keybind to be made available for your situation. Personally, I would use such a keybind to allow for having the in-game music up loud (as I enjoy the GW2 soundtrack), but be able to silence it instantly when story dialogue begins. It would be nice to not have to race to decrease the music volume in the options just because some dialogue in the instance triggered.

I second this request as I'd like to be able to instantly mute just the music via keybind so I can continue hearing in-game dialogue clearly at the times when dialogue starts.

As it is, I play the soundtrack in an external media player for essentially this reason - that I can mute just the music at the press of a button.

It would be nice to be able to have this functionality in-game so I can lessen system resource use and no longer run another external media player at the same time as playing the game.

I'd love this! I love most of the GW2 music, but the desert combat tracks are too shrill and overbearing. It's one of the biggest reasons I avoid all the Joko attacks in the core maps and bounties. Something about it turns my stress levels up to 100 million and fishing in the options menu in the midst of combat for something I'm just going to turn back on once the short battle is over is a pain in the kitten.

@juhani.5361 said:I'd love this! I love most of the GW2 music, but the desert combat tracks are too shrill and overbearing. It's one of the biggest reasons I avoid all the Joko attacks in the core maps and bounties. Something about it turns my stress levels up to 100 million and fishing in the options menu in the midst of combat for something I'm just going to turn back on once the short battle is over is a pain in the kitten.

But doesn't that mean the music is doing its job? Getting amped up for a battle against whats probably the only real threat in Core Tyria map....

@starlinvf.1358 said:

@juhani.5361 said:I'd love this! I love most of the GW2 music, but the desert combat tracks are too shrill and overbearing. It's one of the biggest reasons I avoid all the Joko attacks in the core maps and bounties. Something about it turns my stress levels up to 100 million and fishing in the options menu in the midst of combat for something I'm just going to turn back on once the short battle is over is a pain in the kitten.

But doesn't that mean the music is doing its job? Getting amped up for a battle against whats probably the only real threat in Core Tyria map....

The opposite, actually. It's pretty much a guarantee I'm going to screw up. I do best when I'm calm, relaxed and rational.

Archived