Renegade is everything I wanted (for condi necro in pve)

Lahmia.2193

I know most of the hate for Renegade comes from pvp and various bugs. But by dwayna I love this spec. Top tier condition damage (without gimmicks like epi) and great support. A dedicated condi melee weapon and a range one to fall back on. I guess the grass is greener on the other side.

@Lahmia.2193 said:I know most of the hate for Renegade comes from pvp and various bugs. But by dwayna I love this spec. Top tier condition damage (without gimmicks like epi) and great support. A dedicated condi melee weapon and a range one to fall back on. I guess the grass is greener on the other side.

Shortbow is the worst designed weapon in the game

@vyncius.6105 said:

@Lahmia.2193 said:I know most of the hate for Renegade comes from pvp and various bugs. But by dwayna I love this spec. Top tier condition damage (without gimmicks like epi) and great support. A dedicated condi melee weapon and a range one to fall back on. I guess the grass is greener on the other side.

It's is a pve condi ranged weapon, that you can fall back on if you cant melee.

@Lahmia.2193 said:

But both thieves and rangers can use condition shortbow in both PvE AND PvP/WvW (and for thieves is also the meta). So his point is valid.

@Buran.3796 said:

But both thieves and rangers can use condition shortbow in both PvE AND PvP/WvW (and for thieves is also the meta). So his point is valid.

Okay you have a point for ranger but thief shortbow isn't a meta in anyway in pve. It is very much a pvp/wvw weapon.

What about having a condi melee and ranged weapon makes this the spec Necromancer should have had? If that's the case then Theif is pretty much the Necromancer Necromancer should have been. Or perhaps Dragonhunter. Weaver perhaps? I love Renegade but I have never really thought "this would make a great Necromancer spec" while playing it.

@"Dace.8173" said:What about having a condi melee and ranged weapon makes this the spec Necromancer should have had? If that's the case then Theif is pretty much the Necromancer Necromancer should have been. Or perhaps Dragonhunter. Weaver perhaps? I love Renegade but I have never really thought "this would make a great Necromancer spec" while playing it.

When did I say should? I said I liked this spec very much. And unlike those others, I actually enjoy playing it in the same way I do as Necromancer.

@Lahmia.2193 said:

@"Dace.8173" said:What about having a condi melee and ranged weapon makes this the spec Necromancer should have had? If that's the case then Theif is pretty much the Necromancer Necromancer should have been. Or perhaps Dragonhunter. Weaver perhaps? I love Renegade but I have never really thought "this would make a great Necromancer spec" while playing it.

When did I say should? I said I liked this spec very much. And unlike those others, I actually enjoy playing it in the same way I do as Necromancer.

The title and then the starting post makes it seem like you think it's the spec Necro should have had due to the condi weapons. At least that's how it's framed.

@Lahmia.2193 said:

Okay you have a point for ranger but thief shortbow isn't a meta in anyway in pve. It is very much a pvp/wvw weapon.

Mmmm... I think that I have a stronger point in thief's shortbow, because people use it all day open world PvE just for mobility and in PvP/roaming is an essential tool. It gives mobility and blindness as defense, plus soft control with cripple and nice damage through bleeds and poison. Ranger's shortbow provides an evade each 8 seconds, cripple, inmobilize, daze and stun as handly cc and again damage in the form of bleeds and poison. Ranger's sb is in a stronger place in raids compared to Thief's sb but in competitive gameplay the one from the thief has a wider appealing.

Anyway: compare it with Renegade's shortbow: slow and a knockdown as the only sources of cc, no mobility, no evades, no blinds, dazes or stuns, with damage coming mostly from bleeding and burns. Is an extremely akward weapon with no tools to deal vs humans (with a landscape in which condi Revs are also particulary bad in terms of defense). If one doesn't raid in PvE (like most of the players), there's like 0 reasons to play other spec from Rev aside from Herald. The short bow from Renegade is also the worst for getting the weapon master achievement due the limitations to kill targets with physical damage (being the one from the Thief the best in this case).

Archived