PVP Heal support FB that might actually be really good. *Me eating my words

Vallenous.2179

Magi Hammer Heal Buff Support FBEDITED with correct link

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAS5ensADNCjtCBmCBEEhlHCDLA0A6A71z9ZAN79MhqPA-jpBHQBG8gA0j9HWWZAAcBAGwRAQcPAAA

By no means a finalized build, I finally found something I think really works as long as you need heals support. Another support guard or Ele will be a difficult team to win with in most situations.To start, this build has no damage. If you pop your elite quickness and say F1 tome aoe for a bit, it can slightly sting.... Do to the 250 buff for condi you get while in quickness..... But don't expect to win any 1v1s or kill anything on your own. You have to stomp thieves lol.

That being said, the sustain is insane. I have gotten close to a mil healing in some games. The tomes are very strong and this build focuses on making it so you can use your pages often and switch tomes on the regular. That combined with all the interupts you have with hammer, shield, F1 - 3 and F2 - 2 (taunt), you really plus fights hard. 2v1, 2v2 or full on team fights, you will be able to hold your own as long as you get used to the new skills and know when to use what. A fast F2 - 5 converts 5 condis to boons for you and any close party members. With the added pages you can just spam this whenever while getting improved healing.... 1 1 1 1 can heal fast do to the .5 second cast ie much faster with quickness.

When you use F1 tome, you want to have Hammer equiped for the Crit chills and quickness hammer 5 you can do from your AOE fire. F2 and F3 tomes you want to be on mace shield for the energy and escape buffs. Like revs and eles, switching tomes counts as switching weapons which will trigger your switch sigil buffs. Generally I start a spawn by immediatly F1 for quickness into 6 mantra charge while also applying swiftness with retreat. I then charge mantra of lore. If you are with team members approaching a fight, use the F1 5 to give them the burn buff. From a distance you can start with f1 3 to get some CC. Then you want to alternate between 4 for aoe firefield, 2 and 3. When your team starts taking damage you can switch into hammer 5 for CC. Then you have options. I like to switch to mace and get a symbol down. This will also trigger all 4 sigils, giving you endurance, escape condis, 3 crits on hammer for the chill and vigor, and quickness/swiftness. Then depending how much heat we taking, usually alot, I switch into F3 or F2 if we getting condi blasted. F3 will heal you with all the aegis removal giving around 1,200 health each time. F2 will heal ridiculous if you use it right and convert 5 condis at a time with F2 - 5. You want to cleanse minor condis with mantra of lore and save your F2 for necro and big condi damage. With the shorter CD's on your tomes thanks to virtues, you can basically stall and stay up especially with a team, for as long as however good you are.

Still more to learn of course, and I won't be jumping the gun anymore. I am actually having fun with this, it reminds me of vanilla support guard.

I gathered most of this build from suggestions and info I got from others more patient then I on this forum and in game. I talked alot of smack about FB but I am now thinking it may be the exact counter needed to this high condi/dps meta we are seeing. It feels like a very strong support if you get past some of the complexities of the class. I think this is exactly what guard needs to have, as it was its original design to be a heavy support class. Since beta I said I would be happy to be wrong about FB. I never thought a non damage magi build would work.... but after trying it this last day, I think there is something special there. Sorry Anet for all the salt, I just am passionate about GW2 PVP <3

hmm, why Magi's? i do a similar build, but use Mender's and Leadership runes instead. i do switch to Solider and Pure of Voice if, say, they have A LOT of conditions (or i'm expecting them).

Mender's lets me hold my own and despite not having any condition damage expect when Quickness is up, you can STILL stack burning to 15+ with Legendary Lore and hold your own.

i do wish there was a Shaman amulet. that'd be perfect for Support FB.

Archived