A non longbow power core build for hot?

Ryou.2398

@The V.8759 said:Take a greatsword at least. In your other hand you can take sword/x or even axe/x if you need a ranged weapons. Just find a trait line that has as many power modifiers as you can and take those. Bam, you got a solid build.

Yea thats what ive been doing how is torch though or axe/axe? Thanks

If you want a power build, torch is useless. I'dd say go axe or warhorn in offhand. If its open world, I'dd say warhorn for boons.

People easily forget that axe is quite a good weapon mainhand. Frost bite deals quite good aoe damage if traited (I've reached 20k) and same goed for spitblade if fired close on an enemy.

I agree with the greatsword, Axe/x sentiment.Warhorn for general PvE gets you around at a decent pace. Axe/Axe if you feel you need that last bit of CC.Two things to look out for in HoT, breakbars and condis.Not breaking bars will make the jungle a whole lot harder so consider the CC pets (Pink Moa, Wolf, other Canines and Pigs to a letter degree) in addition to your GS5. The "Taunt on F2" grandmaster trait in Beastmastery is also a big help.Condis won't usually spike you in HoT. They'll come a few at a time but those ticks will mess you up if you're not careful. Consider taking Wilderness Knowledge or Evasive Purity depending on your traitlines.Best of Luck d(^_^)

I would recommend GS+Sword/axe if you enjoy full melee. If you need a ranged set that isn't longbow then swap one of them to axe + warhorn.

Checked the metabattle build and I also have a few problems with it. Go Zerker +Rune of strength not scholar. It's better for open world solo ranger, druid or SB. It's also meta for druid in group content. Rune of scholar is only for max DPS SB in group content. Go remorseless from the MM GM regardless of which weapon you use. When solo, the repeated vulnerability application > other GMs. Drop sic'em. It's not worth it if you aren't on SB.

As others mentioned, watch out for breakbars. Axe 4 won't pull most melee enemies while most ranged enemies don't have breakbars. Stand near the melee enemy and axe 4 the ranged enemies towards you. Axe 5 is a reflect that is amazing defensive offense vs those bow frogs and also just hits hard and applies vuln.

Start with base pets like pink moa for cc but swap to smokescale and electric wyvern which are HoT pets asap.

@Ryou.2398 said:

@Ryou.2398 said:Thanks all no druid unlocked yet remember this is for core ranger:)

Than axe/axe and GS. Sword 3,swap and axe 5. Everything dies^^

Man you are not kidding either.

IF you have or want to get any of the expansions, you can look forward too mounts in PoF and both e-specs.Druid has a plethtra of PbAoE control and is immortal with enough healing power.Soulbeast is the DPS powerhouse, with beastmastery you can get over 300% crit dmg atm, which leads to about 86k Whirling defenses with max might and fury and other buffs.The glas is real though but pulling high numbers is always awesome.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

@Ryou.2398 said:Thanks all no druid unlocked yet remember this is for core ranger:)

Than axe/axe and GS. Sword 3,swap and axe 5. Everything dies^^

Man you are not kidding either.

IF you have or want to get any of the expansions, you can look forward too mounts in PoF and both e-specs.Druid has a plethtra of PbAoE control and is immortal with enough healing power.Soulbeast is the DPS powerhouse, with beastmastery you can get over 300% crit dmg atm, which leads to about 86k Whirling defenses with max might and fury and other buffs.The glas is real though but pulling high numbers is always awesome.

I have both expacs I just dont have the points to unlock the elite specs yet:)

Archived