After Engage: Mounted, not mounted

This is has been literally bugging me for quite a while now, and I don't know if this problem has been addressed before, but since not only the griffon but also the new roller beetle seem to be extremely prone to it I think it is time that somebody looked into it.It happens quite often that after using the Engage skill I am without a mount but the game still considers me mounted, sort of. And since people usually use the Engage skill to, you know, engage some enemies that means I am now in combat and can not use the mount/dismount button to get my proper skills to actually fight them. Apparently the game considers me mounted and dismounted at the same time, since when I am actually on my mount I can dismount just fine, so in this one regard, the most crucial (worst for me) regard, the game considers me dismounted. I can not even use the Engage skill again.My only options are running away (which depending on the situation might not even be possible) or letting myself get "dismounted", meaning instead of beginning the fight with a nice little buff I am now beginning it with a couple of seconds of being slapped around, ending up knocked down (which depending on the situation might be quite deadly).A skill that I can use is the "heal skill" from the mastery which swaps the health bar from that of my mount to that of my character, which in this situation is actually a trap since I can not even dodge, so the enemies are free to kill me and I can do kitten all against it.

Since I have no clue how this whole stuff works engine-wise I can only speculate about possible workarounds if the possibility of this monted/dismounted state can not be removed altogether.One option would be to shift the order in which stuff happens when the Engage skill is used, so that in the worst case scenario (this bug happens while actually engaging enemies) I still sit on my mount and can do all those useful mount-y things. Yeah, I might double-dip on the Engage skill, but since I can not control when this bug happens the abuse potential is basically non-existent, and at the very least I am not mad because I just died again due to this bug.Another option would be an "else" option for the Engage skill. It is still there, and the game still uses my previous mount's health bar, so why not make the Engage skill at least let me dismount under any circumstance? I might lose half a second of my time, but it would be infinitely better than the status quo.The last option off the top of my head would be to just remove the blocking of the mount button in combat. Most people have better things to do in combat than to mount and dismount willy-nilly and although there might be some situations where Engage-spamming potentially could be abused this still would be better than ending up in the mounted/dismounted situation again and again and again.

Sorry, if this sounds a bit rant-y - it is not supposed to be - but I just had this bug happen three times in a row to me, each time escaping with just a sliver of life before trying again, and this is a bit like a straw-that-broke-the-griffon's-back-situation, so I thought I give it a shot and produce a comprehensive bug description in the hope that something can be done about it.

Archived