Returning player torn between Warrior and Revenant

alindland.5894

Hello,

I got back to the game a week before the PoF launch, and have tried to decide on my character since tbh. I used to play alot a couple of years ago and my main game mode was WvW and PVP, while i played a few dungeons, fractals, events here and there aswell. At this time i played warrior mostly.

This time around i want to focus more on the PvE part of the game, but i still want to somewhat choose my main around WvW and PVP aswell.

The things that mainly torns me is the following:PS! Wall of text incomming.

Warrior

• I loved the warrior back then, but i did get to a point where i found the class to lack a little dept. The rotations, feel etc is a complete package that runs smooth however. Now returning i do love the Spellbreaker aswell.
  • For WvW and PvP this class is bonkers for me, but how does it do in PvE? Build diversity, interesting rotation etc, what role does it play?

Revenant

• I really enjoy the fantasy of the build, and how the different abilites feel and looks. I also feel like a solo god in PvE content with so many abilites. Renegade really helped for solo PvE aswell i think.
  • How is the revenant in all game mods? same questions here as for the warrior. However i am a little more torn here on how the class is in WvW and PvP.
  • The main thing that keeps me interested in the revenant is its depth, i still dont "feel in control" of the class. And often encounter situations where i sit back after the fight and figure out stuff i could do better. I find this really interesting for soloing, but i got a feeling that the rotations are really basic for Raids etc?
  • I also fear that the reason i feel the class got so much depth is because its maybe a little clunky and lacking in a few parts? So i will never get to a point where i feel as much as in control as i do with my warrior?

I am a player that enjoy the game alot more when i have managed to decide on ONE class to focus on. So, with the information gathered is there some way to guide me in the right direction here?

I will really appreciate inputs and help on the different questions asked. Thx in advance :)

As a warrior main, I'd say warrior is a lot more versatile if you really do want to focus on just a single character. When it comes to weapon, warrior can use most of them that means you can use variety of weapons and skins unlike if you get Revenant, you'd have less to choose from. This would mean most of the skins you get will go to waste especially if you're focusing on one character, you might also get bored for using the same weapon.

Also, when it comes to Raids, well, atleast based with the current meta, Revenant isn't really particularly needed in any runs. I'm not sure if Revenant is also that good in PvP or WvW too. But when it comes to Warrior and the new elite spec, Spellbreaker is really superb for PvP and WvW.

If I'm not mistaken, Warrior is also a lot more mobile (although this no longer matters with POF) but is still useful for PvP and WvW i guess.

Finally, Great Sword.

Archived