Game Update Notes: July 24, 2018

Lahmia.2193

Why are we nerfing core Weapon to decrease Elite Spec numbers?

Once again are people, who absolutely don't use that Build and Spec, being nerfed.If DE is overperforming, then you Nerf the DE traitline and not absolutely everyone who happened to have Daggers in theirs set.

Dammit, DE doing those numbers while all other Builds are not, let's Nerf them all anyway!

@Alatar.7364 said:Why are we nerfing core Weapon to decrease Elite Spec numbers?

Once again are people, who absolutely don't use that Build and Spec, being nerfed.If DE is overperforming, then you Nerf the DE traitline and not absolutely everyone who happened to have Daggers in theirs set.

Dammit, DE doing those numbers while all other Builds are not, let's Nerf them all anyway!

but buffing core (+5% dagger damage, damage per condition) made DE overperform, so they nerfed core. if they had increased iron sight to 25% in the previous patch and now nerfed dagger, then it would have been a reason to complain. now they just emphasize the use of backstab or other skills then AA by buffing overall dagger damage and then nerfing AA.

@MUDse.7623 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:Why are we nerfing core Weapon to decrease Elite Spec numbers?

but buffing core (+5% dagger damage, damage per condition) made DE overperform, so they nerfed core. if they had increased iron sight to 25% in the previous patch and now nerfed dagger, then it would have been a reason to complain. now they just emphasize the use of backstab or other skills then AA by buffing overall dagger damage and then nerfing AA.

I suppose that's a very reasonable point. However I believe that this issue would have been better adressed by adjusting the remade damage per condition, or not include it at all.19% and 18% to Core seems too drastic to me just because it didn't work out well with DE.

@Alatar.7364 said:

I suppose that's a very reasonable point. However I believe that this issue would have been better adressed by adjusting the remade damage per condition, or not include it at all.19% and 18% to Core seems too drastic to me just because it didn't work out well with DE.

give money! we dont care about Core or HoT stuff..

Wow this nerf hits pretty hard even if you don't play Deadeye and want to play other Dagger (non-meta builds)... This change should not be there - if Deadeye was the big problem then Deadeye should be focused but this nerfs core thief alot... Guess Daredevil is the goto build for me now.

@Lahmia.2193 said:Giving Thief the three best damage modifiers in the game wasn't a smart move on anet's part.

Giving a specific elite spec a +70% damage modifier to a core spec weapon wasn't a smart move on ANet's part.Changing a universally-good DA trait to have absurd benefit only in group PvE play but makes the line otherwise bad was also not a smart move on ANet's part, either.

Them nerfing the weapon across the board as a consequence is just brainless. No room for discussion.

@Alatar.7364 said:

As someone who does not raid (which puts me in the majority), I do not understand this either. Exposed Weakness change outside of raid scenario was a nerf. It was at least offset by Dagger Training, so it at least evened out if you can have 2-3 condis on the target. Now, dagger is essentially a PvE raid only weapon. This surely is blow to class diversity.

@StabbersTheThird.6053 said:Should I be worried about my place in raids? D: I don't think I bring anything useful to the table besides damage >.>

its a game in constant development, while we are not unique enough to have a solid position this can change in the future.for example if arenanet does adapt their awesome +1 concept from spvp to PvE could look like this:raids can now have an 11th member, this member has to be a thief and will be in permastealth through the entire raid. his purpose is to make the 'hard, elitist content' (i heard its way too hard for some, i am fine with their difficulty) easier through sabotage. so they walk around plant some bombs, steal weapons etc whatever the design team can come up with, wich will result in a simplified encounter for the rest of the team. BUT as they have a thief in their raid they will realize someone has stolen part of their loot :3

@"StabbersTheThird.6053" said:Should I be worried about my place in raids? D: I don't think I bring anything useful to the table besides damage >.>

Together wild and double strike occupies 34% of the damage in 38k dps rotation, so around 12.9k dps comes from those 2 skills alone.Times that by 0.8 and you get around 10.3k, a 2.6k loss from the pre-nerf numbers.Need to test out but in terms of numbers thief should still get around 34-35k dps. Unless the thief doesn't do lotus strike or backstabs regularly.Don't really have to worry about your place in raid.

Also, I almost always recommend bring basilisk over thief guild unless boss doesn't have CC phase. You'll be a lot more useful than other top dealers in terms of utility. Hanging onto "thief doesn't have >2 cleave" is not helping as most raid bosses don't even need significant cleave.

Archived