The new EOTM arena is nice, but far to small

Malfrador.3615

The arena is nearly the size of the Guild Hall one, which is just a bit to small. With the current meta, 15v15 in this arena is not any fun.

• Remove the river and the tree and expand the arena in this direction. The river is also bad for another reason as you are not able to see AoEs in there.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it is that small to prevent blobs from using it. You can do blob vs blobs at typical gvg spots such as south/north of south camp on alpine bl and next to bay.

I do agree that they should have just added a few slightly bigger arenas at the same time. Like copy paste, easy.

This arena should be ok for 15v15s as it is with WvW balance, not PVE but not all guilds are that small + duelers might wanna use the arenas too.

@"Crann.1342" said:Here's a screenshot of the arena : https://i.gyazo.com/295663c530a32117d3f805f691a78837.jpg

It looks barely big enough for 2 1v1's to take place simultaneously without intruding on each-other, never mind actual 15v15s.

It depends how you play 15v15s. with good guilds, once the fight starts, it continues, it isnt just rank 100 ele and dragonhunter comps pewpewing each other.

You actually took your time creating a new arena in the Edge of the Mists, but it's way too small for GvG guilds. Did you do this on purpose? You've received feedback on Guild Hall Arena being too small for about 3 years now, but you still go ahead and make an even smaller one in the EotM? This is unbelievable. If this is supposed to be funny, I'm not laughing.

The arena is too small in that it's easily filled with aoe spam (or even winds)...making such things more effective and potentially influencing the GvG meta (RIP pick teams since HoT!).

D:

P.S. 'GvGers' tend to want the most boring map design. Flat, and wide. This is of course leans the meta in another direction or two. I hate that design as well...

I couldn't agree more with Crann and RandomNameDude....

I really like to see Anet trying to help GvGers, but if u dont listen to the community those changes will be in vane since they wont be used - please listen to us....It's okay to try and make stuff beautiful, but when u design something to be useful, u dont need to priorize on that, but on making it useful....Just make it bigger, do the changes that have been proposed and u will have many players using that thing, otherwise , it will have been useless Y_Y

@Malfrador.3615 said:The arena is nearly the size of the Guild Hall one, which is just a bit to small. With the current meta, 15v15 in this arena is not any fun.

• Remove the river and the tree and expand the arena in this direction. The river is also bad for another reason as you are not able to see AoEs in there.

The arena is way too small; It's slightly smaller than the Guild Hall arenas.I would increase the size to that of the Obsidian Sanctum arena, remove the river & add a small barrier to the edge of the arena so that spectators can't be pushed in & interact with the ongoing fight.

@XenesisII.1540 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Maybe I missed it but where was that arena marketed specifically for GvG?

Why else would you bother building another arena in eotm? for roamers? for blobs where one full bomb from both sides and everyone is dead in the area?No one plays eotm these days, it's obviously something for guilds to bother with.

For people or groups to fight? Not everything in WvW needs to be guild based.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Maybe I missed it but where was that arena marketed specifically for GvG?

Why else would you bother building another arena in eotm? for roamers? for blobs where one full bomb from both sides and everyone is dead in the area?No one plays eotm these days, it's obviously something for guilds to bother with.

Oh right, and how many times do non guild groups go off wvw maps to fight each other? like never.How many times have small groups or roamers have come in here requesting an arena? like never.

There's more than enough places for groups to fight including the whole of eotm, and yet no one is in there right now (regardless of pips). Guilds want a decent sized wvw arena so they can go there to fight without being interrupted by random newbs or the environment. I didn't think it was that hard to make enough space for 20v20 at least, they made a brand new area for this not using an existing one, more than enough space for them to build around, but still make the same mistake 3 times, wait make that 4 times, 3 guildhalls and now eotm arena.

Besides of which the answer was popped up in regards to a request for a 15v15 arena, which was stated would be suitable for large groups.https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/45470/could-there-ever-be-a-chance-of-15vs15-arena/p1

@XenesisII.1540 said:

Oh right, and how many times do non guild groups go off wvw maps to fight each other? like never.How many times have small groups or roamers have come in here requesting an arena? like never.

Again, not everything in WvW needs to be guild based. They stated that they currently have no intention to support GvG as a game mode. I guarantee you that there will likely not an arena size that could be reasonable made that would appeal to everyone. People even complained about the OS one.

There's more than enough places for groups to fight including the whole of eotm, and yet no one is in there right now (regardless of pips). Guilds want a decent sized wvw arena so they can go there to fight without being interrupted by random newbs or the environment. I didn't think it was that hard to make enough space for 20v20 at least, they made a brand new area for this not using an existing one, more than enough space for them to build around, but still make the same mistake 3 times, wait make that 4 times, 3 guildhalls and now eotm arena.

What’s this have to do with the arena? If there’s nobody in EotM then what’s stopping guilds from finding an area on the map and doing GvG? How would an arena change anything? I remember Anet creating a large Arena for OS and look how neglected it has been.

Besides of which the answer was popped up in regards to a request for a 15v15 arena, which was stated would be suitable for large groups.https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/45470/could-there-ever-be-a-chance-of-15vs15-arena/p1

For large fights; not large groups fighting each other. “Large” itself is also fairly ambiguous.

Archived