So what's the point of gambits?

@Egorum.9506 said:

@Nuka Cola.8520 said:Im trying to find the point of this event as a whole. Are you allowed to be rewarded in this game or what?

Sure you do! If you kill 5 legendaries you get 3 champ bags! What a steal!

I killed a few while being half afk. Got some green and blue junk that i salvaged as soon as they were in my inventory. Memorable rewards. So much so i called my mom telling her i go 8 green items i salvaged.

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Nuka Cola.8520 said:Im trying to find the point of this event as a whole. Are you allowed to be rewarded in this game or what?

Have you gotten gold rewards yet?

Nope, can't find a group that can do it. 5 champ bags isn't much of a reward either though man

@Blocki.4931 said:

@"Nuka Cola.8520" said:Im trying to find the point of this event as a whole. Are you allowed to be rewarded in this game or what?

Yes and it is still highly underwhelming. Takes a lot of effort as well, since, you know, "lol open world".

When it was originally released, the more gambits you had, the more rewards you received. You could easily farm over 40 gold per hour, but that was quickly nerfed. Maybe they simply don't want people farming it at all this time, since having to wait around for other people is such a bad experience. They should have phased/instanced it.

@Healix.5819 said:When it was originally released, the more gambits you had, the more rewards you received. You could easily farm over 40 gold per hour, but that was quickly nerfed. Maybe they simply don't want people farming it at all this time, since having to wait around for other people is such a bad experience. They should have phased/instanced it.

0 rewards, 0 reasons to play the content =/

I'm pretty sure the Gauntlet is there exclusively for the achievement points and then you scram away from that place forever. Same for the Pavillion, I am under the impression farming SW to spend later at the Cliffs is much more profitable and even more enjoyable since Pavillion requires a minimum of DPS and CC that I have been seeing squads unable to reach (and it is really a minimum).

@Egorum.9506 said:

@Healix.5819 said:When it was originally released, the more gambits you had, the more rewards you received. You could easily farm over 40 gold per hour, but that was quickly nerfed. Maybe they simply don't want people farming it at all this time, since having to wait around for other people is such a bad experience. They should have phased/instanced it.

This applies to most things wvw and pve. The only place you're properly rewarded is spvp.

@Egorum.9506 said:

That's not a very good logic

@Sanity Obscure.6054 said:

El oh el

Right? Gold rewards gives 10 champ bags according to the wiki. So ~2g for a gold run that takes 30 minutes? Why even bother

@Egorum.9506 said:

El oh el

Right? Gold rewards gives 10 champ bags according to the wiki. So ~2g for a gold run that takes 30 minutes? Why even bother

Not only that but the amount of work in coralling people into groups and organizing a Gold run of the meta is just way too much. I expected an achievement to be honest after completing it. I mean, you get one for just throwing a water balloon at Evon.

@Sanity Obscure.6054 said:

El oh el

Not only that but the amount of work in coralling people into groups and organizing a Gold run of the meta is just way too much. I expected an achievement to be honest after completing it. I mean, you get one for just throwing a water balloon at Evon.

It's not too much and it doesnt take 30 minutes.

@lokh.2695 said:It's about the experience and the challenge more than about the loot. Crazy concept, I know.

Are you telling me to actually enjoy the game?!!? what a bummer.

Jokes aside, that's true, events are meant to be fun and enjoyable, its just that people want an incentive to actually spend time doing them.

@maxwelgm.4315 said:I'm pretty sure the Gauntlet is there exclusively for the achievement points and then you scram away from that place forever. Same for the Pavillion, I am under the impression farming SW to spend later at the Cliffs is much more profitable and even more enjoyable since Pavillion requires a minimum of DPS and CC that I have been seeing squads unable to reach (and it is really a minimum).

This is what I'm going to do. Once i smack Liadri with those 8 balls in her face I'll never re-visit the Gauntlet. Well, maybe once for a tier 1 fight for a daily.

Archived