I really want to build Shortbow Ranger Power

StabbersTheThird.6053

My current build (testing for a while now) is (in SPVP because I'm focused on building 1 character at a time):

Shortbow with Sigil of Agility and Sigil of AgonyDagger/Warhorn with Sigil of Venom and Sigil of ExposureViper Amulet and Rune of the ThiefSkirmishing with Sharpened Edges, Hidden Barbs, and Light on your FeetWilderness Survival with Taste for Danger, Refined Toxins, and Poison MasterSoulbeast with Live Fast, Predator's Cunning, and Oppressive SuperiorityAbilities are Bear Stance, Sharpening Stone, Viper's Nest, Vulture Stance, and One Wolf PackPets are Forest Spider and Lynx

The current gameplay is to stick Forest Spider into me, then press Sharpening Stone, Vulture Stance, and One Wolf Pack then press Call of the Wild and Hunter's Call into Instinctive Engage, then swap to Shortbow and Poison Volley (Shotgun). I would probably use Entangling Web and Poison Gas on the target if they were really far away.

Is this the right idea? And I've been thinking about going Marksmanship for Hunter's Gaze, Brutish Seals, and Remorseless then swapping Sharpening Stone for Signet of the Wild and Viper's Nest for Signet of the Hunt.

Shortbow power damage is not really good, but it wins for combat mobility and CC. It can do ok damage with point blank Poison Volley and Crippling Shot. With BMode, at least you can have more skills.

I think you will need to get Skirmishing + Marksmanship or Beastmastery for stats and movement speed. In Skirmishing, take Spotter and LoyF or Vicious Quarry. In Marksmanship, take Farsighted and Predator's Onslaught. Then, take pets like Smokescale, Rock Gazelle, Owl, Jacaranda, etc.

@StabbersTheThird.6053 said:My current build (testing for a while now) is (in SPVP because I'm focused on building 1 character at a time):

Shortbow with Sigil of Agility and Sigil of AgonyDagger/Warhorn with Sigil of Venom and Sigil of ExposureViper Amulet and Rune of the ThiefSkirmishing with Sharpened Edges, Hidden Barbs, and Light on your FeetWilderness Survival with Taste for Danger, Refined Toxins, and Poison MasterSoulbeast with Live Fast, Predator's Cunning, and Oppressive SuperiorityAbilities are Bear Stance, Sharpening Stone, Viper's Nest, Vulture Stance, and One Wolf PackPets are Forest Spider and Lynx

The current gameplay is to stick Forest Spider into me, then press Sharpening Stone, Vulture Stance, and One Wolf Pack then press Call of the Wild and Hunter's Call into Instinctive Engage, then swap to Shortbow and Poison Volley (Shotgun). I would probably use Entangling Web and Poison Gas on the target if they were really far away.

Is this the right idea? And I've been thinking about going Marksmanship for Hunter's Gaze, Brutish Seals, and Remorseless then swapping Sharpening Stone for Signet of the Wild and Viper's Nest for Signet of the Hunt.

For hybrid layout its not that bad actually but for PvP you need a stunbreak otherwise you will die to stunlock. Lightnibg reflexes is well paired with shorbow and also gives some distance.I would also say that sword has also great play in PvP due to the evades and it is power dmg.

Ofc you can fiddle with trapper runes and look into smoke scale for more stealth if you want to.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

@"StabbersTheThird.6053" said:My current build (testing for a while now) is (in SPVP because I'm focused on building 1 character at a time):

For hybrid layout its not that bad actually but for PvP you need a stunbreak otherwise you will die to stunlock. Lightnibg reflexes is well paired with shorbow and also gives some distance.I would also say that sword has also great play in PvP due to the evades and it is power dmg.

Ofc you can fiddle with trapper runes and look into smoke scale for more stealth if you want to.

My personal playstyle is that I'm not good at "backing off". I tend to 1) See target, 2) Engage target, 3) Defeat or die to target. Should I go with the Hastey move over the barrel roll? I forget the name, gives Quickness and superspeed or something.

@StabbersTheThird.6053 said:

@StabbersTheThird.6053 said:My current build (testing for a while now) is (in SPVP because I'm focused on building 1 character at a time):

My personal playstyle is that I'm not good at "backing off". I tend to 1) See target, 2) Engage target, 3) Defeat or die to target. Should I go with the Hastey move over the barrel roll? I forget the name, gives Quickness and superspeed or something.

Quockening zephyre it is.Yeah you can do that too. But with shortbow you are basically good with Lightning reflexes.Lets say you fight in range with SB and they gap close and stun you, you can use LR and keep shootibg. Ofc you could use QZ if you prefer this.

@StabbersTheThird.6053 said:

Zephyr comes in handy if you plan to use sharpening stone skill and bleeding and hiddenbarbs trait with shortbow skill 1 auto attack... Can quickly overwhelm enemy with bleed stacks and Short bow skill 1 is so quick as it is...

Archived