Anyone manage to defeat Turai Ossa in Crown Pavilion? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Anyone manage to defeat Turai Ossa in Crown Pavilion?

Preety much as title says.
I can't get him under 50%. The amount of knockdowns is just insane. Not mention 25might, quickness, superspeed and resistance...and oh...is hitting like a truck also.
I really don't know what i'm doing wrong.It's probably above me .

<13

Comments

• Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭

apparently you have to break his bar, but i cant get him to that stage. kinda waiting to see if somoene will post the ranger build they used to do it, cause im drawing up blank.

Amana Silentchild; My Main
    Ember Wandertooth; The Kingslayer, Kianda Redpaw; The Blazing Light
    Why GW is Called Guildwars

• Nuka Cola.8520Nuka Cola.8520 Member ✭✭✭✭

I facerolled him on Mirage on first try. Did it the 2nd time and almost died, but still got him (was much easier the first try). I wish you could farm him for something rare, i love the fight.

• Cregath.7628Cregath.7628 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 24, 2018

To be fair I've only seen classes do this so far that have a ton of Evades/Blocks/Invul. Most of which comes from Elite specs. Since this is an event accessible for Core Game users, shouldn't it be clearable by using Core Professions with Core stats? Also, even if we ignore the fact that some classes have a really huge advantage (which is unavoidable) it is clear that some others have an incredibly hard time doing it or are unable to do it at all. Necromancer for example is probably unable to do it (with only Core traits). The leaps clear off Minions instantly, so Death Magic doesn't help much. The boss hits for something like 10k? So even if you keep up Protection with well, a single hit getting in is still over 7k. That means 3 hits will Down you, 5 with Shroud. So this makes it clear that you have to avoid the hits. That leaves you with the Dodges, Spectral Walk and Fleshwurm. So let's say that you have those 2 skills and 2 Wells for heal and utility. How the scenario plays out is:

• Place the Fleshwurm and pop Spectral Walk right away.
    • Turai charges at you, so Dodge it.
    • Keep running away and Dodge again the next charge.
    • On the next attack port back with Spectral Walk.
    • This should avoid a few attacks as he can't get back to you with one attack.
    • Since you are on opposite sides of the arena you can't position yourself to kite him for extra attacks so stand still and port to Fleshwurm when he is about to reach you.
    • If done right you have 2 Dodges at this point and Turai is on the opposite side again.
    • Now the Spectral Walk and the Fleshwurm won't come off CD in time, so those 2 Dodges will avoid 2 more attacks.
    • Now it's time for the Wells and praying that he goes into Breakbar mode before he kills you.
      Now it's time for CC. This means that you have to take Flesh Golem, which will most likely die during this whole chasing fun party stuff so you have to recast it before the Breakbar appears and it also limits what weapons you can use by a lot. So if you manage to break it he still hits like a truck until you do this whole thing again. Perfectly timing everything. Then you can deal damage to it, because you can't do both damage avoiding and dealing damage at the same time. (Spoilers: You can't do the chase part again, because CDs make it impossible.)
      So yeah, pretty much impossible.

A little side-note: I don't consider mobs dealing large amounts of damage "challenging content". Lia was challenging, because you had several mechanics to pay attention to. They gave warnings, there were enough clues to figure it out and so on. It was all avoidable once you figured it out. She didn't need a large HP pool or damage to get this. Turai has both of those and none of the rest.
    (This fight is good enough proof that "necro has good survivability, so they should deal less damage" is no longer a valid argument.)

Praise Joko!

• Warscythes.9307Warscythes.9307 Member ✭✭✭

@Cregath.7628 said:
    To be fair I've only seen classes do this so far that have a ton of Evades/Blocks/Invul. Most of which comes from Elite specs. Since this is an event accessible for Core Game users, shouldn't it be clearable by using Core Professions with Core stats? Also, even if we ignore the fact that some classes have a really huge advantage (which is unavoidable) it is clear that some others have an incredibly hard time doing it or are unable to do it at all. Necromancer for example is probably unable to do it (with only Core traits). The leaps clear off Minions instantly, so Death Magic doesn't help much. The boss hits for something like 10k? So even if you keep up Protection with well, a single hit getting in is still over 7k. That means 3 hits will Down you, 5 with Shroud. So this makes it clear that you have to avoid the hits. That leaves you with the Dodges, Spectral Walk and Fleshwurm. So let's say that you have those 2 skills and 2 Wells for heal and utility. How the scenario plays out is:

• Place the Fleshwurm and pop Spectral Walk right away.
    • Turai charges at you, so Dodge it.
    • Keep running away and Dodge again the next charge.
    • On the next attack port back with Spectral Walk.
    • This should avoid a few attacks as he can't get back to you with one attack.
    • Since you are on opposite sides of the arena you can't position yourself to kite him for extra attacks so stand still and port to Fleshwurm when he is about to reach you.
    • If done right you have 2 Dodges at this point and Turai is on the opposite side again.
    • Now the Spectral Walk and the Fleshwurm won't come off CD in time, so those 2 Dodges will avoid 2 more attacks.
    • Now it's time for the Wells and praying that he goes into Breakbar mode before he kills you.
      Now it's time for CC. This means that you have to take Flesh Golem, which will most likely die during this whole chasing fun party stuff so you have to recast it before the Breakbar appears and it also limits what weapons you can use by a lot. So if you manage to break it he still hits like a truck until you do this whole thing again. Perfectly timing everything. Then you can deal damage to it, because you can't do both damage avoiding and dealing damage at the same time. (Spoilers: You can't do the chase part again, because CDs make it impossible.)
      So yeah, pretty much impossible.

A little side-note: I don't consider mobs dealing large amounts of damage "challenging content".
    (This fight is good enough proof that "necro has good survivability, so they should deal less damage" is no longer a valid argument.)

I manage to outrun him with locust signet and warhorn 5 just fine. Reaper 2 is the only thing that's a clear advantage but I used that maybe twice in the fight and I didn't take wurm either.

Is really not as hard as you think.

• Balsa.3951Balsa.3951 Member ✭✭✭

on guard i tried 3 times went full defense and waited for him start his chanel so i could break his bar after the second break he gets very easy.

• Cregath.7628Cregath.7628 Member ✭✭✭

@Warscythes.9307 said:
    I manage to outrun him with locust signet and warhorn 5 just fine. Reaper 2 is the only thing that's a clear advantage but I used that maybe twice in the fight and I didn't take wurm either.

Vid pls.

Praise Joko!

• Warscythes.9307Warscythes.9307 Member ✭✭✭

@Cregath.7628 said:

@Warscythes.9307 said:

Vid pls.

I already play with 25 fps on my 4 year old laptop. Let's not try to murder my poor machine here.

• Pax.3548Pax.3548 Member ✭✭✭

I had fun with this guy, using a warrior felt really like a two warriors fight with all the evades, blockings and jumping around on both sides xD

• Tashigi.3159Tashigi.3159 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 25, 2018

Run/Dodge and generally survive for the first half. Once he jumps to the middle and throws a sword at you, ready your CC to stun him.
    I beat him as Rifle Deadeye with Basilisk Venom and full Berserk stats.

For Deadeye, it was key to untarget him and use Death Retreat to escape as far away as possible. Roll for Initiative and Shadowstep helped a lot. I used Withdraw for heal/extra dodge and Signet of Agility in case I ran out of endurace (which I did once).
    Once you CC him with Basilisk Venom and #2 while kneeling, you can go all out and use Death Judgement on him. He'll still have like 20% HP left, so repeat the above and you're golden.

Good luck!

• ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭

failed it with a viper scourge =/ i will probably try replicate some of pvp builds i used on the past. but im running out of gold(wasted it on shinies) even to a new exo gear.

"It's a testament to the folly of the humans and their gods. They say Arah was sacred, but all I see is one big dragon nest."(Rytlock Brimstone)

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ziooo.8932 said:
    Just saw a guy do it as a berzerker, seemed ridiculously easy tbh, he just used every single one of his seemingly infinite evades blocks and invulns and the boss didnt really seem to stand a chance against that. Me on the other hand, tried with necro and gave up after first try, we simply dont have enough damage mitigation nor hp to do that kind of thing.

Teapot did it with scourge. Just survive until the first breakbar. Break it dps him, if you get him to 50> try and go for a second breakbar and end or else go downstate drain spam after that first bar.

Use mibility and kite.

• otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭

I did it on rev with sword/shield and staff.

I tried with gurdian but it did not work.

• Ziooo.8932Ziooo.8932 Member ✭✭✭

Reaper >>> scourge. Barely took 5 tries with reaper (after my few failed attempts with scourge), and all because of that stupid shroud depletion at start and minions going into cd after a fail. You can just facetank and walk it really, barely have to dodge stuff. After the breakbar it dies faster than that first hammer dude.

Necro mains either are masochists or become masochists after a balance patch.

• Hot Boy.7138Hot Boy.7138 Member ✭✭✭

I did him with dual sword power mirage. I side stepped and cloaked his attacks and pretty much stayed on him, interrupting him whenever possible. I used arcane thievery to steal his boons to increase my damage. was only hard the first time cause i didn't know what to expect.

• I did him with sword/dagger celestial weaver. Dodge/block/evade/invuln through his attacks until breakbar, break the bar, repeat until he loses both his "severely reduced damage taken" and "deals massive damage" unique buffs (two breakbars), then proceed to kill. Took about 6 attempts.

• Beat him on my 5th try, this Video is from my 6th try. Can be way smoother and i guess its easier on a Power Daredevil.

@Dante.1763 said:
    apparently you have to break his bar, but i cant get him to that stage. kinda waiting to see if somoene will post the ranger build they used to do it, cause im drawing up >blank.

Planning to do it today on Soulbeast. I think its possible to dodge his attacks with a combination of Greatsword Attacks and Stone Signet.

• BlackBeard.2873BlackBeard.2873 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 25, 2018

Got him on ele as tempest. Biggest thing was earth shield!! The invuln and block are amazing, and it has the pull and a second cc that can break a bar. Combine that with focus (break first bar with air 5) and the fight becomes quite doable. Tempest has an easy time dpsing while kiting, so it was the best for me, but weaver might work. Core ele would be tough, I just don't think there is enough damage while also being tanky enough.

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 25, 2018

Can't beat any of the special bosses atm. They feel a tad overtuned right now with one shot, one shot, one shot mechanics all that seems to be in play

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Mbelch.9028Mbelch.9028 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 25, 2018

I've done all but Liadri in two tries. I've missed this festival!

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

While some classes will have an easier time, any can easily do it. If you run into difficulties, try changing your build.

You evade his attacks until he ports to the middle. You then dodge his throw attack and break his bar.

You repeat this again a second time.

You can now beat him easily.

@RaidsAreEasyAF.8652 said:

Beat him on my 5th try, this Video is from my 6th try. Can be way smoother and i guess its easier on a Power Daredevil.

@Dante.1763 said:
    apparently you have to break his bar, but i cant get him to that stage. kinda waiting to see if somoene will post the ranger build they used to do it, cause im drawing up >blank.

Planning to do it today on Soulbeast. I think its possible to dodge his attacks with a combination of Greatsword Attacks and Stone Signet.

If you do, can you also post a video? im gonna try a pure defensive build sometime this week, but hes frustrating as hell on ranger from what ive experienced.

edited July 25, 2018

@Dante.1763 said:

Beat him on my 5th try, this Video is from my 6th try. Can be way smoother and i guess its easier on a Power Daredevil.

@Dante.1763 said:

If you do, can you also post a video? im gonna try a pure defensive build sometime this week, but hes frustrating as hell on ranger from what ive experienced.

I plan on trying that as well altho i suspect the timer will defeat me. Ill give it a try after reset when queues will be low

edit: didn't even dent him and he obliterated me. Never saw a breakbar. Awfully designed fight

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Dante.1763 said:

@Dante.1763 said:

I plan on trying that as well altho i suspect the timer will defeat me. Ill give it a try after reset when queues will be low

edit: didn't even dent him and he obliterated me. Never saw a breakbar. Awfully designed fight - worst I've seen in this game by a long, long way

You have to dodge the attack (maybe blocks/evades/etc work too) in order for the breakbar to show up. If you get hit by it then you’ll never see the breakbar.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Dante.1763 said:

@Dante.1763 said:

edit: didn't even dent him and he obliterated me. Never saw a breakbar. Awfully designed fight - worst I've seen in this game by a long, long way

You have to dodge the attack (maybe blocks/evades/etc work too) in order for the breakbar to show up. If you get hit by it then you’ll never see the breakbar.

I spent maybe a minute dodging and blocking where I could. Still no breakbar. Is it tied to health as well?

edited July 25, 2018

OK I beat him with Warrior - mace, shield and pvt armour.

I'll take my complaining elsewhere now........

• kajoken.1630kajoken.1630 Member ✭✭

Beat him with Sword/Sword, Sword/Shield full Berserker Chrono. It's really doable with all those blocks, evades and teleports you can equip. You could even take portal but I preferred using blink over portal.

• dvomd.4307dvomd.4307 Member ✭✭
    edited July 25, 2018

Just did it twice in a row after 8 tries on holosmith. Once the initial break bar is down, you can CC and immob chain so he can't do anything (I used supply crate).

• Egorum.9506Egorum.9506 Member ✭✭✭✭

Just did him on a power reaper today, spectral walk+flesh worm+deaths charge to stay away. Then break the bar, repeat staying away, break the brain again and facetank. Gs/axe/wh, spite/SR/reaper. Zerker/cav mix

edited July 25, 2018

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Dante.1763 said:

@Dante.1763 said:

I spent maybe a minute dodging and blocking where I could. Still no breakbar. Is it tied to health as well?

Even though you beat him, I’ll point out the attacks that must be evaded.

On that video that was posted in this thread, start watching at around 33 seconds into it. He’ll do a leap to the center, a quick charge, and then through a projectile at you. You want to avoid it. The breakbar will show up.

At about 1:04 into the video, this sequence occurs again. Repeat the same as before.

• Pyroatheist.9031Pyroatheist.9031 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 25, 2018

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Dante.1763 said:

@Dante.1763 said:

I believe it's purely attack cycle based. He does one rotation of attacks, buffs up, does another rotation, then goes into breakbar. Takes maybe....30 seconds to hit breakbar I think.

Edit: you might have to dodge that sword throw when he goes to the center to get the breakbar to appear, otherwise it won't work iirc.

Ohey, I've got a signature

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Dante.1763 said:

@Dante.1763 said:

On that video that was posted in this thread, start watching at around 33 seconds into it. He’ll do a leap to the center, a quick charge, and then through a projectile at you. You want to avoid it. The breakbar will show up.

At about 1:04 into the video, this sequence occurs again. Repeat the same as before.

Yeah I think your original post kinda clicked it into place suddenly. Took me a few attempts to sync the evades and blocks long enough to leave one last block for the throw attack to activate his breakbar, but I got him with 2-3 seconds to spare due to my rubbish dps and luckily timed full counter on an attack which would have stunned me past the timer (and ended with my fist through the monitor...).

Not a big fan of the fight design, but I beat him so I can find something new to rage at (ie the other 5 special bosses which I haven't beaten yet)

Thanks for the tips!

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Dante.1763 said:

@Dante.1763 said:

Yeah I think your original post kinda clicked it into place suddenly. Took me a few attempts to sync the evades and blocks long enough to leave one last block for the throw attack to activate his breakbar, but I got him with 2-3 seconds to spare due to my rubbish dps and luckily timed full counter on an attack which would have stunned me past the timer (and ended with my fist through the monitor...).

Not a big fan of the fight design, but I beat him so I can find something new to rage at (ie the other 5 special bosses which I haven't beaten yet)

Thanks for the tips!

Freaking got him!!!!

PVT armor, Traveler runes(rest of the stuff i used was from my condi SB build), Beastmastery(B,M,M),Skirmishing(M,T,B),Marksmanship,(T,T,M). Weapons were greatsword and longbow. Skills were "We heal as one", Signet of stone, Quickening Zypher, Lightning reflexes, and Strenght of the Pack.

Hopefully that helps someone!

• @Dante.1763 said:

@Dante.1763 said:

Yeah, i can post it if you want. Didnt manage to do it today cause something came in the way.

@Dante.1763 said:

@Dante.1763 said:

Yeah, i can post it if you want. Didnt manage to do it today cause something came in the way.

I beat him! Thank you though! :D

• Imperadordf.2687Imperadordf.2687 Member ✭✭✭✭

@kajoken.1630 said:
    Beat him with Sword/Sword, Sword/Shield full Berserker Chrono. It's really doable with all those blocks, evades and teleports you can equip. You could even take portal but I preferred using blink over portal.

^^
    I use the mix of Commander/Berserker Domi/Insp build (the raid one) it was quite easy, did it on the first try.

Changed some utilities, i use Heal signet - Mantra of distraction - iDisenchanter - Signet of insp - time warp.

Tips on the other specials?

• simzy.2417simzy.2417 Member ✭✭

@Dante.1763 said:

Please do upload, i love using my ranger but cannot figure out how to do it, easily 20 tickets just trying to figure out how to get to the first break bar segment

• wiazabi.2549wiazabi.2549 Member ✭✭

Did it on Engi (Holosmith) using trait to make holo leap give superspeed + either the vent or heat increase trait rest can be pretty much up to what you like though pref some sort of burst dmg.

@simzy.2417 said:

@Dante.1763 said:

Please do upload, i love using my ranger but cannot figure out how to do it, easily 20 tickets just trying to figure out how to get to the first break bar segment

I posted the build i used on my ranger shortly after that post, may want to look at it :)

• Well, I managed to do it. It took me around 15 tries. But, to be fair, Ossa never did that thing where he goes into range attacks and takes immense damage near the end. I did complete it on a full zerk Holosmith with no outside guidance...

BUILD:

Explosives: Blasting Zone, Big Boomer, Minesweeper
    Tools: Static Discharge, Takedown Round, Gadgeteer
    Holosmith: Solar Focusing Lens, Crystal Configuration Eclipse, Enhanced Capacity Storage Unit:

Utilities: Healing Turret, Rocket Boots, Elixir S, Hard Light Arena, Supply Crate

Weapons: Sword + Shield
    Runes: x6 Scholar
    Sigils: Force, Air

Food: Bowl of Orrian Truffle and Meat Stew
    Utility: Magnanimous Sharpening Stone

THE STRAT:

Rocket Boots are what wins you this. The reduced recharge, increased range, and super speed mean that you can avoid a whole lot of trouble if things go south. Since Ossa always uses the same sequence of attacks, it goes in this order:

Dodge the first one
    Rocket boot away from the second one
    Third one is still out of range
    Dodge the fourth one
    Run past the 5th one

Ossa will buff himself, then start the sequence with a stomp. This is where things get a little loosey goosey

Dodge the stomp,
    Rocket boot away from the dash
    Run just run from the next few
    Static Shield the next attack
    Dodge the last one, particularly the shoulder ram

If you get caught here, you can use Elixir S to dodge attacks or break stun. When Ossa jumps to the middle, he'll throw his shield to stun you. I use shield 4 skill to reflect it back, the immediately hit shield 4 again to do Defiance Bar damage. Then, you drop the supply crate on his head to stun him.

Now that the shield is down, cut loose. The flame turret will emit a blind field that effectively disables Ossa for a bit. Combine this with the Hard Light Arena giving protection + fury, and you'll be able to do a crapton of damage in a short amount of time relatively safely. Just kite Ossa in close circles to avoid some of his attacks. Use Holographic Shockwave to stun him, too, but fairly early in the damage rotation, since you'll need it off recharge.

Once you get low in health and high in heat, rocket boot away again and then proceed to kite, dodge, and heal until Ossa jumps in the center again. This is when things get a bit more loosey goosey, since I don't have an exact timing for when to disengage. But, you'll won't want to push your heat level too far up, since you'll need to cool down a bit for the second round of DPS. Better safe than sorry. Now, when he goes into break bar again, the ambient disabling conditions and Shockwave will hopefully be enough to break it, but if you have shield skills on cooldown use those to supplement CC damage.

After this second break, just repeat the cycle, and he should be dead very soon.

"Self awareness is knowing when you're sitting at the throne of ignorance." --Leo G.

• AliamRationem.5172AliamRationem.5172 Member ✭✭✭✭

Here's a video of Turai Ossa using Viper Mirage:

• Kunzaito.8169Kunzaito.8169 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 26, 2018

For those having trouble with ranger, I beat him very easily with a marauder druid roamer spec. Tried it once with no info, looked up the mechanic with dodging the shield, and got him the second try. You just kite around until you get each of the breakbars; your pets will probably take care of those but either way you have a ton of CC. Remember that staff 3 is a long duration evade. Once the breaks are down he can be CC'd to keep him away from the middle, but you should be able to burst him down with longbow before he ever tries to get back there.

• nintama.9436nintama.9436 Member ✭✭

No vid since my game play is bad ... and sorry for the terrible screenshot, but core necro can do it. I use wurm and a lot of defensive stuffs but seem like better players would be able to go more aggressive. I still see myself missing dodge and taking unnecessary hits.

• Haleydawn.3764Haleydawn.3764 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 27, 2018

I beat this on a Power Reaper today. Gs/Axe-Warhorn, Berserker armor/weapons, Spectral walk and flesh wurm and Signet of Spite. Nothing fancy, no trait changes for me, just those two utility swaps.
    Survive until he centres himself, and dodge the weapon throw and his break bar will appear. It’s timing all your ports and dodges that’ll win it.
    Endurance regeneration food will make it so much easier too.

Better get a wriggle on.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.