Ping and Latency in the West Coast vs EU West

So i have just come back from a loooong break and I am enjoying the game a hell of a lot more than before.Condition builds are now a thing, my investment in frostfang paid off. I made it back when Greatswords are the only weapon good enough.BUT now the latency is unbearable. And also I just recently learned that the servers are now exclusively in the East Coast.Some of my guildies are from EU West and they have around 70-90ms latency.
I am getting 110 to 160ms latency in the West Coast. It was not like this before. Before the Mega server and before the WvW merge.This is very disgraceful. Non-NA players are getting better ping while NA players in the west coast are playing at bad ping.Im not saying that non-NA players deserve bad ping but people in the west coast certainly does not deserve it!I wanted to level up my PvP but im at a severe disadvantage when the ping spikes up everything just freezes and Im dead.It is unplayable. Its the same with WvW. At least in fractals, I can outsmart the AI and go to a safe corner and wait till the lag subsides.I have the Ryzen 1800x oc to 4ghz, 1080Ti and ssd for gw2 and win10. also my isp has 150/150 Mbps up and down.Im sure I speak for the rest of the people with bad ping in the west coast.If any Anet person see this my question is this: Is there anything being done to address this issue?

thanks for reading/rant over

NCSoft shutdown their EU data center, so ArenaNet moved over to Amazon. They could have actually kept the US servers at NCSoft in Texas, but I'm guessing they wanted it all on the same system, plus they said Amazon has more powerful hardware which has for example avoided the instance limitation problem. For Amazon US, their only choices were the east or the west coast, so they went with the east coast because it was better for the majority of players. They first began testing Amazon in June 2017 and fully transitioned over by the end of the year.

Is it possible for them to also have servers on the west coast? When they were first moving to Amazon, they had the servers split between Amazon and NCSoft, so theoretically, they could do the same for the west coast. Will it happen? Probably not. Is there anything else ArenaNet could do to improve your ping? No.

If you'd like to confirm what your ping was vs what it is now, ping:us.ncsoft.comec2.us-east-1.amazonaws.com

Archived