Swimsuit Outfits?

@"Brother.1504" said:Why do people want swim wear?

Festival of the Four Winds = big ol' party on the beach.

Noteworthy:

• Way out on one of the more southerly islands in the Labyrinthine Cliffs zone, there's an interactable hut marked "Changing Room" or something like that. If you interact with it, your character disguises himself or herself as wearing just the "no armour" undies. Not exactly a swimsuit, but not way far off.
  • It's possible to glitch the diving goggles on the airship so that when you dive into the water, the goggle mode doesn't reset.

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@"Brother.1504" said:Why do people want swim wear?

Noteworthy:
  • Way out on one of the more southerly islands in the Labyrinthine Cliffs zone, there's an interactable hut marked "Changing Room" or something like that. If you interact with it, your character disguises himself or herself as wearing just the "no armour" undies. Not exactly a swimsuit, but not way far off.
  • It's possible to glitch the diving goggles on the airship so that when you dive into the water, the goggle mode doesn't reset.

So you remove your armor and stand around doing what? Or you guys want to have maximum skimpy armorness and play the game as usual?

@Brother.1504 said:

@Brother.1504 said:Why do people want swim wear?

Noteworthy:

So you remove your armor and stand around doing what? Or you guys want to have maximum skimpy armorness and play the game as usual?

Personally, I'm not that fussed by skimpy armour, but there is a certain amount of exactly that. Also, in general, MMORPG characters, especially the women, are far from ugly, and people like looking at them. Armour hides that. And on the question of skimpy armour, look up "fortunately I was wearing my armour" in Google Image search.

Chainmail bikinis work as armour by attracting arrows, swords, etc to hit them instead of the bare skin nearby.

I shall buy all of them for my Treebro when/if they release. I love anything underwater/swimming oriented both IRL and in games. I woulda settled for naked Khaki shorts outfit but those actually go beyond and become pretty lore-friendly and look kinda barbarian/tribal-ish, which is another style I love. Not that any of that lore-stuff matters with some of the other outfits, armor and weapons already in-game but either way, they look nice.

@Brother.1504 said:

@Brother.1504 said:Why do people want swim wear?

Noteworthy:

Role-playing is one option. Quite a few people like to do more in-game than simply fight and there's times when armour looks out of place, especially if it looks like actual armour. There was a really funny topic just after The Dragon's Reach Part 2 (Season 2) was released where people posted screenshots of their characters in the Party Politics instance looking very, very out of place. Thankfully not long after that we started getting more fancy outfits.

Sure you can just take all your armour off (throughout a lot of history people would swim in their underwear, or just naked) but it looks a bit weird when everyone is wearing the exact same things in the same colours. It would be much nicer to have at least 1 alternative per race.

@"Haishao.6851" said:fur on a swimsuit

Ridiculous as it is I have seen real life 'designer' swimwear which was labeled as "not intended for wearing in water" - one had feathers attached to it and one was made from fabric you couldn't get wet. I guess that's designer logic for you.

@"Xenon.4537" said:Can we please have these as outfits? I understand these are some sort of fan-made concept, but they look really cool.878acAngelique-Swimwear-for-Norns.jpg

P.S.If you hate skimpy outfits, you don't have to wear it...

Man the two fur-options are giving me a raging Norner.

I want them soooo badly. :D

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:Can you explain to me why you would want these? Like, what would it add for you? What would you do with them?

Personally I am just really stumped why this is so highly requested, so please enlighten me.

To stare at them, obviously. Plus context matters. In some ancient cultures, a warrior confident enough to go into battle with little to no armor is a dangerous foe. And you can't reenact Bikini Beach Summer 3, when you're dressed as an Iron Nun.

I love the idea of proper swimsuits/swimwear.... could wear them in towns, festivals, beaches, long distance swimming areas & to generally hang out in while waiting for world bosses. And of course the most important reason.... fashion! =)