[Idea] Two days event: Mounts in World vs World

ROMANG.1903

@Blodeuyn.2751 said:Way too much work to implement something that isn't permanent. I don't think it would be fun at all, especially for those who don't own PoF or don't have mounts unlocked. Why waste the dev time when so many other important things need fixed.

They just need to enable mounts. I don't think it would take more than a few minutes to do

I hope you aren't serious. It's not just a matter of flicking a switch and copy pasta one line of code and voila. Enabling mounts would require other things that need to be done and considered. It's like saying "this game mode needs balance, I don't think it would take more than a few minutes to do". It's not that simple.

I would not mind having a weekend even with them available, as long as:

• Their movement abilities only work within controlled territories.
  • It's just on a trial basis to see how that goes.
  • Players that do not have mounts can at least rent a basic mount at the bases by paying some coin and badges of honor.

But I would prefer if WvW had its own mounts:

• A 'mists horse'.
    • The memory of a horse that is foggy and hard to see so you can sometimes see kind of the head of a horse in the mists like the water horses in the Bruinen river in the Lord of the Rings movies.
    • Players would be able to rent these mounts for 5-10 mins by paying 5-10 badges of honor at most controlled locations, including sentries but excluding ruins and shrines.
    • The mist horse would be exclusive to WvW, and it would not have any special powers or engage skills. It'd be just a speed buff to catch up with other players.
  • A 'Carrier'.
    • A new mount that doesn't have that much speed and can't jump high or far, and instead its only power is the ability to carry up to 4 allies.
    • They could look like most animals of burden like dolyaks, bulls, marmoxes, etc.
    • Unlike the mist horse, this would be an actual mount also usable in PvE, with its own masteries.

Opening eotm for mounts would be good pseudo live play testing before making the decision to add mounts to wvw. Eotm isn’t considered real wvw anymore but many people would still play those maps to check out mounts.

Edit. Anet I hope you are seriously play testing whatever changes to wvw are incoming with alliances.

@ROMANG.1903 said:

@Blodeuyn.2751 said:Way too much work to implement something that isn't permanent. I don't think it would be fun at all, especially for those who don't own PoF or don't have mounts unlocked. Why waste the dev time when so many other important things need fixed.

They just need to enable mounts. I don't think it would take more than a few minutes to do

If they just enable mounts without doing anything else then walls and gates will cease to have any meaning. You'll be able to fly in with a griffon or jump in with a springer. It would break WvW.Maybe it would be fun for a day but I think people would quickly get sick of it.

as long as mounts dont have pve skills. it will be fine. in wow, the maps are similar if not smaller than wvw but it works ok.

mounts - increase movement. thats it. =p

everything else is just for looks.

all in all, wvw is nos. ftw now. def sieges are meh if you're few.

7 cant fight an organized zerg.

@Sovereign.1093 said:i support this.

in wow, mounts are allowed.

but no flying except for demon hunters who esentially glide.

anyhow

mounts speed is not as fast as in pve, just faster than normal run. could work well, let them pull around siege to reposition etc. so much options.

It’s a bad idea tbh, because in WoW you can hard CC players on mounts you can’t do that here besides the small knockdown when your mount ho reaches 0. Also attacking a player on a mount you get some small extra edge and they have to dismount while you attack their hp and not the mount’s (unlike GW2 where its essentially a second HP pool)

Also mounts don’t use special abilities such as a jump horizontal or vertical with evades. It would kill a lot of risks involved with passing through a river and getting attacked underwater.

For WoW it works because it doesn’t ruin and helps you avoid certain combat aspects. If the PoF mounts are added it will make a lot of things trivial and unrisky. Overrall not challenging at all.

Good thing they didn’t add them in that mode.

@Adamarc.7463 said:

If they just enable mounts without doing anything else then walls and gates will cease to have any meaning. You'll be able to fly in with a griffon or jump in with a springer. It would break WvW.Maybe it would be fun for a day but I think people would quickly get sick of it.

And that's why I suggested it would only last for

something like one or two week-end(s):)

I would think maybe in a year or two we will get it, but it would only be 1 or 2 mounts (one gives you swiftness, other allows more sup?) and you would be limited on using them in your own regions

but do I want mounts in WvW no, having gliders is bad enough

Archived