Lion's Arch Boat Ride

Yeah, after desperately searching all over for sky crystals, it was very nice to sit my character down and just enjoy the sights for a little while.

Is it a new addition to the game, having moving elements that the character can interact with? I noticed, too, the turning wheels in the city that dumped you off if you tried to stand on them. The thought of future JPs with moving platforms is kind of freaking me out. :cold_sweat:

It was such a nice thing! I love the boat ride, I tagged up and lots of folks showed up and joined the boat ride! Was really funny ?When the ride was over, we moved on to the beach party where there's three human musicans and dancing NPCs at the beach, sadly I didnt take any pics but it was sooo fun ?? Add more kind of things like this, ANet❤

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:Yeah, after desperately searching all over for sky crystals, it was very nice to sit my character down and just enjoy the sights for a little while.

Is it a new addition to the game, having moving elements that the character can interact with? I noticed, too, the turning wheels in the city that dumped you off if you tried to stand on them. The thought of future JPs with moving platforms is kind of freaking me out. :cold_sweat:

I think we all know it's coming ;)

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:Yeah, after desperately searching all over for sky crystals, it was very nice to sit my character down and just enjoy the sights for a little while.

I think the first moving boat was in Sandswept isles, in Altholma. That said, whilst I never played it myself, there was a river in SAB that would send you flying down stream.

@Lahmia.2193 said:

I think the first moving boat was in Sandswept isles, in Altholma. That said, whilst I never played it myself, there was a river in SAB that would send you flying down stream.

Never noticed that boat. I will look for it next time I'm on the island, thanks. ^^

Come to think of it, the Second Aetherblade Site throws you around, as well as the launch pads, but they more just move you rather than moving on their own and bringing you along.

@Blocki.4931 said:

I think we all know it's coming ;)

But I'm not a plumber... :o

Ha! Yesterday I rode the LC boat for a while, inspiring snide remarks about a pigeon from the other passengers since my character was on Griffy perched on top of the mast.

Well, until the boat sailed under the arch in the north-east part, and I discovered that it doesn't fit, and it scraped me off the top of the mast onto the raised platform at the back where the four chairs are. I dropped off Griffy and sat down, also changing to my Common Clothing outfit. That was fun.

@Lahmia.2193 said:

I seem to remember hearing the SAB river was an illusion - you were actually staying still and the scenery was moving around you. It seems like since then they've actually got moving vehicles working. Although the boat in Sandswept Isles kept dumping my pet off, but he likes swimming so that's ok.

I'd love to have a boat going around Lion's Arch harbour, even if it was just a small one.

Oh and in the final fight vs Zhaitan, you fight on moving airships during the battle. So I guess the tech has been here since the beginning.

@Lahmia.2193 said:

Oh and in the final fight vs Zhaitan, you fight on moving airships during the battle. So I guess the tech has been here since the beginning.

Don't remind me about my ranger minions and necromancer pets wandering off to the back of the first airship the whole time. (I think that that effect, combined with e.g. smoky effects making trails, is sufficient evidence that the airship, rather than the terrain, is moving.)

Archived