Festival of the Four Winds Appreciation post

Hadi.3167

I have participated in Winter's Day and SAB a fair bit but haven't had a chance to engage in the other festivals as they always seem to land during my busy season (college professor). Anyway, I was excited about this festival because it hasn't been back in such a long time and admittedly, the community's excitement was quite infectious.

What I didn't expect was it to be so well done and so much fun! The Labyrinth Cliffs is SO amazing!! I just love being able to use the Assisted Leap to gain height; pop out the Glider; lean into an Updraft and then take off on my Griffon. It is so much fun to have the features of LW2/Sanctum Scramble and HoT and PoF accessible in a Tyrian location and it was what I was hoping to have seen back when HoT launched. Having these abilities in one place also means the festival is accessible to those players who do not own HoT/PoF and don't have gliders or mounts. Sure they may not be able to do the races but the rest of the activities and achievements are available to these players.

The Crown Pavilion is also a blast, admittedly a painful one. Immediately after the patch dropped I ballooned there and got my butt kicked pretty well until some of the other players informed me of how the Boss Blitz worked. I think some of the scaling may be a bit off (Fire and Boom hurt more than the others imo) but otherwise, it is like having 7 legendary bounty targets all spawn at once! Overall, this festival really offers something for every player type. Those who prefer combat over collections and jps, can hit the Crown Pavilion whereas those who like the races, scavenger hunts and collections can head over to the Labyrinth Cliffs. It is also a nice change of pace that offers something fun/different to focus on over the next couple of weeks.

Anyway, just wanted to offer my thanks and very positive feedback!! high five

No salt here, i just want to thank ANET for this festival and the recent updates. I love this game i put about 10k hours into it and i can say this is one of the best updates so far. The amount of attention to detail , the dialog , voice acting and the amount of work put into it is phenomenal. I am very excited! This is definitely one of my favorite events back in 2013 and I am grateful it has returned! Now if only we could get SUPER ADVENTURE BOX to be completed so we can save the princess! BUT i digress! Good job ANET ! \o/

This is my first time at this festival and I am loving it. Special thanks for letting me sit on the sailboat and chill while it sails around the harbor. The perfect place to relax after the madness of the treasure hunt. Great map and great music. Thank you ANET!

I am soooo glad that someone has put an appreciation post for the Festival of the Four Winds! This was my favorite event in the history of GW2 and I was soo excited to finally hear that it was coming back! The Aspect Arena is my favorite PvP map, and the two festival zones are amazing! Great job on the updates to the zone as well to encorporate gliding and mounts!

Overall, great job guys! Thank you!!!!!!

2nd the comment on the super adventure box though. I haven't played that one these last few years because it's not complete. Complete it and I would love to participate on that one as well =)

This is easily my favorite festival, even though I’ve enjoyed them all. That one track that plays when you enter along with the aesthetic is entirely different to anything else in game, and I would crap out buckets of money for an expansion with a feel like labyrinthine cliffs has.

The Queen's Gauntlet is definitely my kind of mini-game and I enjoyed playing through it. The only minor disappointment is that it took just a day of playing to complete all of the achievements and only one of them took more than a few attempts. I hope you'll add some new bosses and challenges next year! This was fun.

@SpudBob.9036 said:I am soooo glad that someone has put an appreciation post for the Festival of the Four Winds! This was my favorite event in the history of GW2 and I was soo excited to finally hear that it was coming back! The Aspect Arena is my favorite PvP map, and the two festival zones are amazing! Great job on the updates to the zone as well to encorporate gliding and mounts!

Overall, great job guys! Thank you!!!!!!

2nd the comment on the super adventure box though. I haven't played that one these last few years because it's not complete. Complete it and I would love to participate on that one as well =)

You're welcome :P lol :+1:

@hugo.4705 said:Thanks for four wind festival. Really apreciated! Finish SAB world 3 and 4 and that's perfect. Keep up the good work!

YES , if only they finished SAB . i know it's not on their minds heavy , and i know tribulation mode would be hard to make.. but i feel like the LAST SAB was lacking cause they didnt even add new weapon skins / colors. I was sad to hear that. Would also love to have SAB Mounts too! Would love to fly on a Super Bee (griffon) , or hop around on a Super Frog (Springer).

Archived