[build] auramancer tempest pve (and wvw)

EruWan.4362

Hey,I'm rather nooby and had long break from GW2 so now I'm posting my builds on forum too seek any improvement and tips from community.So guys, can you point out for me any flaws or changes in my build? Is auramancer even viable? Should I change anything before I manage to gather resources to finish the build?http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAodnMICtMgVYCOYCcYilSAroKuBCBEJgBQAw9suWnrA-jxBrABCqEcOlfBt/AKnAgxU/ZqHAAA6BAA-eThanks for insight.

If you're going the aurashare route, take Earth over Arcane for the Protection on aura application. Also always take "Wash the pain away", it's by far your best healing skill for a support build, especially since you're dropping Arcane. For the same reason drop Arcane Wave and just take another shout for another aura or stunbreak ("Eye of the storm" is really good in WvW).

If you want the Arcane Resurrection trait (which is really powerful), you're better off using Staff, camping Water attunement and picking Soothing Power over Powerful Aura.

P.S. Neither is really a meta choice in PvE. They're very good healers, but they don't have any offensive support, hence they aren't wanted in high end groups.

Mmm... for aurashare you might want to keep d/f or d/wh (in pve) to get more auras from weapon skills. Staff is preferable when you want to camp water for Soothing Mist, since you can blast water without leaving it and you get heal on autoattack. Also in this case I would recommend taking Aquamancer's Training for the reduced recharge on your water fields and blast finisher. Basically either this for water camping or this for aurashare. I changed the runes to Monk btw, they are really strong for healers.

Play a fire bran they give out more boons they heal about the same they have the ability to be both ranged and melee. Tempest support is next to worthless.

If your going to play tempest the burser build maybe your best bet though it can still be build dmg though weaver seems to simply have more of every thing for dmg aimed builds.

Added note:You would think a 6 sec super speed every 40 sec for 5 targets would be op in this game in wvw (the new rune lets you get this on tempest eye of the storm) but its nothing when a holo gets 3 sec of super speed ever 2 sec for any number of targets. Its like these classes are made in 2 different games.

You really want to run dagger + warhorn if going tempest for healing, especially because you can't actually kill siege running minstrel's in any decent timeframe.

Without running fresh air or Fire traitline (sunspot minor trait) you don't have a steady ability to generate auras (staff 3 on earth ; blast ice field / ethereal / light field) on staff besides overloading when you don't need to.

When I run tempest , most of the time I'll not run healing power unless using marauder + celestial / crusader trinkets. The heal from water traitline is not great without things like sigil of transference or monk runes , so I would focus on aura sharing reflects & stun. Ultimately elementalists in WvW serve only one main purpose now , to destroy siege : to meteor the siege on the back side of the wall and to splash-damage fireball the far away cannons such as at garrison (regular cannons can be hit by revenants). Lava font is pretty much a joke now except on cannons and burning oil, where it's merely mediocre.

Chrono / firebrand are more potent for what you're trying to achieve.

Archived