Doing the Impossible!!!

Dace.8173

@Justine.6351 said:I assume necro is meta and also that people do play rev in spvp, competitively.

Well, it was mostly in jest. Necro players do contend that Necromancer is worst than Revenant but people do contend that you cant win with Revenant. I know that's not true, though it's an uphill battle. But I figured I'd have a bit of fun with it is all.

@alkaline.2938 said:Why do people rip on revs? A good rev kicks my kitten three ways to Sunday. I am not an amazing player by any stretch of the imagination but I have seen some revs clean house. Is it really so different outside of unranked?

No it's not that different... Revs just have a roughish time vs the current meta comp because they have to either contend with Scourge/FB duos in team fights (which severely limits the window they have to down/finish people) or they have to try and 1v1 Mirages on the points--and Mirage vs Rev is like the most one-sided-matchup/biggest hard counter in the game

Rev absolutely wrecks against people who have never played rev or don't understand it. The problem is rev is extremely predictable because it is always the same build, skills, traits, and mostly equipment so It can't really do any minor tweaks or changes to adjust to shifting metas. But, still the revs ability to spike and disrupt isn't that bad in skilled hands.

@alkaline.2938 said:Why do people rip on revs? A good rev kicks my kitten three ways to Sunday. I am not an amazing player by any stretch of the imagination but I have seen some revs clean house. Is it really so different outside of unranked?

The consensus is that Revenant isn't where it needs to be in terms of being consistently good. Thus, it's not that Rev can't win but more it isn't consistent at it and there are professions that appear to do what Rev could do but better.

Archived