"Violent Corruption" suggestion!

killfil.3472

The current trait "Chill of death", which casts lesser spinal shiver unto foes struck below 50%, would be replaced by "Violent corruption".This new trait would change the functionality of boon corruption, so that instead of applying a condition corresponding to the corrupted boon, it would deal a certain amount of damage that scales with your power.How does that sound?

@Lahmia.2193 said:I'd rather they just removed boon corruption altogether and replaced with basic boon removal. Really hate this onset of boon corruption.

No need to kill boon corruption.Kill boon application and boon corruption equally loses power as they go hand in hand.Boon duration/application is a real issue right now with a few key professions.The old days when it was hard to even obtain 25 might stacks consistently today getting 25 might is a joke it takes like 2 button presses and 1 attack or less. for some professions its 20+ might and a whole list of other boons to go along with it.

@Lahmia.2193 said:I'd rather they just removed boon corruption altogether and replaced with basic boon removal. Really hate this onset of boon corruption.

Honnestly I agree with you. Traits should make it so boon removal apply specific kind of conditions instead of having the whole conversion table. Boon corruption is to dangerous in many way as a tool, restraining meanlessly the necromancer in end game PvE and being way to effective in PvP/WvW. This create an imbalance at the core of the profession.

As for the op idea I'm neither for it or against it. The trait used to be the go to for power build in PvE due to the fact that the necromancer always need to search for every little extra bit of dps, but now it's been overcame by awaken the pain and you'll mainly use it in PvP/WvW as another boon ripping effect which pale in comparison of all the boon corruption effect that are now everywhere on the necromancer... That's when you realise that #3rd skills on relatively short cool down are now league stronger than a #5th skill with twice the cool down.

I think a whole new and totally unrelated trait would be welcome.

Archived