Remove gliding from WvW

Timelord.8190

@"Blocki.4931" said:I play WvW almost exclusively and I have never seen anything like that. You sure it's not some hacker?

Also I'm giving you the obligatory "Remove this because I have an issue with it"-Badge

Haha what?! This is a very common occurance and happen frequently when the enemy use gliding. It's been broken since gliding was introduced and completely desyncs the player from where they really are. They will appear as though they are running on the ground while they are in reality flying above it. Any attacks on the character running on the ground will shoot in the air (that's the first tell). They will keep warping between the two states. Seeing entire zergs do this is... fun.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Blocki.4931" said:I play WvW almost exclusively and I have never seen anything like that. You sure it's not some hacker?

Also I'm giving you the obligatory "Remove this because
I
have an issue with it"-Badge

Haha
what
?! This is a very common occurance and happen frequently when the enemy use gliding. It's been broken since gliding was introduced and completely desyncs the player from where they really are. They will appear as though they are running on the ground while they are in reality flying above it. Any attacks on the character running on the ground will shoot in the air (that's the first tell). They will keep warping between the two states. Seeing entire zergs do this is... fun.

It happens frequently for some and never has for me. Sorry to disappoint

@hunkamania.7561 said:

@hunkamania.7561 said:No gliding while you're in combat and we're good.

Being able to glide in combat when your opponent can’t is part of the strategy.

It's a run away strat that anet supports instead of combat.

But it's so much fun to hit people with ranger LB4 right as they think they're making a slick escape from the hill between Anz and red keep. Splat.

@hunkamania.7561 said:

@hunkamania.7561 said:No gliding while you're in combat and we're good.

Being able to glide in combat when your opponent can’t is part of the strategy.

It's a run away strat that anet supports instead of combat.

It's a strat that is extremely niche because for that to work you 1. need to be defending in your territory and 2. there needs to actually be any height involved.

Honestly, there isn't a problem with gliding in WvW. If you go too far past the zone markers, you will drop from the sky. I can't tell you how many times post re-set we have jumped off a building only to remember that we are no longer blue and laugh as we fall to our deaths. IMO the boundaries for gliding are working as intended and the only possible "advantage" I can see is that the defending players have the ability to arrive faster than the enemy to defend an objective being captured. At the same time, I don't see it as an advantage... more like encouragement for players to actually defend that T3 Veloka rather than "meh, we will get it back next time." :smiley:

Archived