Trying to find current MM builds

sutasafaia.4872

So I'm seriously considering returning for the expansion (although I'll be level 1 so I suppose "for the expansion" isn't quite accurate) and am leaning rather heavily towards playing necromancer. I like pets, I used to play MM all the time, but it's been so long that I'm going to roll another one and learn the game again. Not to mention I have zero idea what's going on with story, or what I've done/haven't done...whatever. Not important. I've been hunting around for builds and it seems that most of them are pretty old and that there is a lot of disagreement on whether or not MM is even worth playing. Well, I'm playing one, so the question is, what's the best way to do it?

I'm planning to get into it with Reaper, the question is whether to do it as power or condition? It seems like power is generally considered better for open world, but condition is considered better for overall survival? I have no idea how accurate that still is. Anyway, any advice here is appreciated. I have no idea where to start anymore, I forget all my old stuff for setting up characters, feel like a new player all over again :pensive: I don't even know what weapons to look for. I've seen some condition reaper guides that don't even use GS, which seems sad if you're playing reaper to not use GS.

Anyway, I just want the most self sufficient build I can get, definitely minion master. If I see a world event and nobody is around to play with me I want to laugh and do it anyway (assuming that's even possible?). I will almost never PvP, so only have to worry about the PvE side of things. I have nothing against grouping but definitely want a build that is more designed to keep me alive through the world beating on me. Besides, apparently nobody wants to group with necro anyway ;)

@sutasafaia.4872 said:Anyway, I just want the most self sufficient build I can get, definitely minion master. If I see a world event and nobody is around to play with me I want to laugh and do it anyway (assuming that's even possible?). I will almost never PvP, so only have to worry about the PvE side of things. I have nothing against grouping but definitely want a build that is more designed to keep me alive through the world beating on me. Besides, apparently nobody wants to group with necro anyway ;)

Go with condi gear and tanky traits Open World - Condi MM

Use your chills and condition conversion (fear > chill, [3s ICD] blind > chill) to overload foes with bleeds, transfer conditions and spread it to nearby foes withBlood Is Power > Deathly Swarm > Epidemic to have sustain via Parasitic Contagion. Death Magic is for damage reduction and condition transfer Master > Minions > Foes.Greatsword's trait is realy good for Open World, where a faster CD reduction speed up clearing mobs.Remember to perform Whirl finishers in Ice Fields and feel free to change your build for every specific encounter!

Hey there, for open world stuff, MM works on reaper (and it's fun). I love MM, but it doesnt work well for scourge from my testing (though i currently run with a shadow fiend, and Elite Minion). I like condi, and I would go with what @"Vitali.5039" said above. I hope you have fun with it like i did.I did things a little differently. Here is my build. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAR7YnM0AdbiN1Au1As3glpBbqldBqASDgCQAIOEWCbhA-jBiHQBgY/BypbggKDon6P7SpHAuIAZUJIteCAAA-eIve used that build for ages now and it's a lot of fun, you will never die either. You can replace Blood with curses if you find you want more damage and less healing.

dont forget when a minion dies, or when you go in to should, 5 > 4 for the ice whirl, or with poison to stack insane amounts of ice and poison.

I use something similar to PunkMaster's build for open world. I take Corruptor's Fervor, Quickening Thirst, and Chilling Victory instead. For weapons, I use Staff and Dagger/Focus. I like the longer range on the staff, as well as the easy access to aoe regen, chill, and fear (which also chills). Mainhand dagger's high autoattack speed works well with the Vampiric/Vampiric Presence combo as well as stacking might and building LF with Chilling Victory. Not to mention the dagger 2 heal on top of the passive healing (and yes, that Vampiric combo triggers on all nine ticks of Life Siphon) gives you all the sustain you could ever want.

Hi! So I know some people have already made some suggestions, but I am currently running a minion master (just finished PoF with it and it was a BREEZE).

I used the base Condi Reaper build from Quantify. This requires Viper's and Sinister's gear but Im sure Rabid would do you just as well, or any high condi stat gear if you can't afford viper/sinister. I pretty much just replaced my utility skills with minions, except I did take the signet of the locust, for movement speed in open world. I pretty much just spam Greatsword 3,4,5 and reaper 2,3,4,5 and everything melts while my minions tank (and flesh golem has excellent break bar ability).

Here is the build: https://qtfy.eu/guildwars/necromancer/condi-reaper/

Archived